One last thing. This semester I am going to make you submit the notes you take in class to me on a weekly basis...

>One last thing. This semester I am going to make you submit the notes you take in class to me on a weekly basis. This is explained in detail in the syllabus. Basically, I want to make sure you are not passively sitting in class and that you're actually paying attention.
>Also, there are some problems I want you to work out as practice that we'll do in class, and making you submit notes means you are required to finish them
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Other urls found in this thread:

faculty.utrgv.edu/eleftherios.gkioulekas/OGS/Misc/ARUSSIAN.PDF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yup. Think twice the next time you decide to be a lazy fuck. We wouldn't need to treat you like a kid if you did not act like a kid.

How about let students make their own study workflow. I hated high school because they had all of these retarded little busy-work worksheets testing me on shit I already knew the moment I heard it in lectures. I didn't need to do any of it but they made me. What is the point?

School is supposed to be about education not work.

t. does no homework but aces exams

You're my least favorite type of student. You're not actually there to learn.

If someone aces exams they learned retard

Wrong, dumb undergrad.

lmao tell that to the brainlet engineers who rote memorized their way through calculus and diffs

>How about let students make their own study workflow.
Top kek. You are nothing. If you think you are smart enough to craft the correct study workflow for a subject you don't yet know then you are retarded.

Get rek'd. Next time don't stupid. If I catch slacking again next semester I will force you to Latex all of the course's content and add your own commentary and extra content.

that's a good thing desu. amerifat students need to develop some work ethic. they're terrible to work with

If you don't do that anyway then you didn't learn shit in class and probably just learned the practice exams instead of the actual material. This professor is doing you a favor and helping you grow up.

You're a fucking faggot. What are you a prison warden. I PAID my school for you to provide me with a service. You are my slave, my employee. Don't you understand oldfag ProfessorCuck? KYS

Authoritarianism in school professors is a sign of being a cuck who can't control his woman at home

i didn't know Veeky Forums was full of bootlicking faggots

HAHAHA they probably study every day and I still do better than them. utter retards. eat shit, forced notetaking is cancer

>the absolute state of amerigoblin students
those low PISA scores make sense desu

>t. angry amerimutt who has never had to put effort into his piss easy classes before

That's a sign that you went to the wrong college.

You don't go to school for the education, but for the degree.

More like superior CS student who passed and now makes more money than you will ever make, non-CS-cuck

just drop the course.

>t. 6th year super senior
Some of us are trying to graduate on time.

I've found in my experience that every course with a really stupid or mean-spirited professor can be avoided.
The little babby courses in 1st/2nd year are usually taught by young adjucts who will suck your dick for a good review so they can keep their job. Even if you encounter a bad one, there are often other sections to shift into.
Later courses are all electives so if a prof offends you just choose a different option.

I can't believe Veeky Forums is defending this shit, grading note taking, seriously? OP I would take notes with my shittiest handwriting possible as a big fuck you to that asshole

>Every chapter has an online quiz
just let me study for your midterm and final shithead

>Students will need to memorize the chemical structures, the 3-letter abbreviations, and the 1-letter abbreviations for each of the 20 amino acids.
Jokes on you biochem professor I was just pretending not to know that

>graded note-taking
>graded homework
>graded attendance

and then at the end of the semester there will be a bunch of amerilards here bragging about their 'A -'s

Yeah that's fucking garbage. The perfect class is just (bi)weekly homework 30%, one midterm 30%, and a final 40%.

>calc 3
>prof mentions Taylor expansions
>everyone groans
>I groan too, but I secretly love them

graded homework is dumb, it's free points, people who don't do them just copy from other students

the motivation to do homework is if you don't you get fucked in the exams, that's enough

> Calc 3
> prof mentions Fourier transforms
> Half the class drops it the next day

>people who don't do them just copy from other students
The last time I've seen someone copy homework was highschool. I don't know anyone who would let some degenerate copy homework in college or grad

Peer pressure.

you don't have friends

>hey, can I copy your hw?
>no, sorry man
>okay, np
your friends forget to invite you to the party last weekend again?

This never happened.

Just don't do it? lol
Fuck 'em

not a bad idea but too much work, no prof would do that

This honestly. Just do well enough on the tests that it doesn't matter so you don't have to deal with that shit.

I know this post is a joke, but it's genuinely the mindset of a lot of American university students. They'll put little-to-no effort into a class, then complain when they don't pass the same way a restaurant customer would complain about a botched order.

I'm glad my professors aren't like this. I take notes, but I absorb almost 0 knowledge from lectures unless I've already taught it to myself and then don't actually need a lecture.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

I like how you try to pretend you know how friends communicate when you just don't.

>be me
>not amerishart
>university isn't a business
>university isn't a daycare center for 20-yo grown man
>professor enter the class
>does the lecture
>doesn't care how much people are actively following or just there as long as you stay in silence
>doesn't give shit if there's people missing
>"if you have any question come to my office at xx hours"
>dismissed

t. russkie - ?

t.pizzaboi

Neither do you, your Chad "friends" just use you to copy homework.

>arithmetic geometry class
>prof mentions IUT
>everyone drops the class

I had a couple of professors who did retarded shit like this, one loved to micromanage everything you do, he'd stop after saying something look at the class and wait a bit and in his best authoritive voice say 'write this down', then rant about how we don't take notes, even though it's in the fucking textbook. Then next moment he would be explaining something and suddenly yell 'dont sit and write while I'm talking, look at me when I'm explaining something on the board'. Everyone hated him. Eventually we either ignored him, or did the exact opposite of what he said all the time and he would get pissed at us.

lukely most left the students alone and the grade was 50% exam, 33% average of best 2 of 3 tests, 17% project/labs. Or sometimes 90% exam, 10% average of 3 homeworks.

Some of my classes had this shit, we used to do this in batches where every time one guy in the group does it for everyone (shits so easy anyway everyone gets 100%), that way you only spend one day on it and then forget about it and focus on actualy studying.

I've copied from them as well though.

>I'll be taking up your notes every so often just to see how you're doing

Tfw my notes for all my classes are in the same book.

Kill me

cucks will literally sit here and try to defend this
let the students do whatever the fuck they want with their notes - if they don't want to take them, who the fuck cares as long as they do their assignments and pass the tests

I'm ok with the problems to work out, but the notes are retarded

Mama mia

Just take notes in another language. He'll complain about it at first but gradually get used to it, at which point you can just write random sentences

reminds me of high school >have cute new teacher
>very innocent and would get annoyed at people
>write down "mrs xxx is pretty" and pass it around very visibly to a couple friends
>she intercepted it and read it out loud
>blushes really hard and has trouble carrying on with the class

LOL

why the faggotry is more to the point
why the faggotry?

cute!

The opposite thing happened to me in 3rd grade
>Friend passes me a note
>Other kid sees it and for some reason tells the teacher
>teacher takes note
>It said something like 'I want (teachers daughters name) to kiss my cock
>I get send to headmaster along with friend
>The fucks a cock anyway?
>Have to apologise to teacher and her daughter, sit detention
>I didn't know even do anything
>Still didn't know what a cock was and why everyone's so mad

>taking pictures of slides not allowed in class
>guy takes a picture of a figure we dont have access too
>professor spends 10 minutes waiting for the guy to delete the picture
Professors who think university is grade school are aids.

This guy's right and you're all faggots. American education being dumbed down is precisely the reason why this is bullshit. If you're gonna go so slow even an average American student can follow you, it is even more insulting, for an intelligent student, to be forced to take notes on the shit too. Like fuck man we watched a video on hotdogs once in elements of business. You'd think it would have something to do with the business of hotdogs but no, it was literally about hotdogs, people talking about their favorite condiments n shit. And we had to take notes. What fucking notes are we supposed to take? Mustard is an acquired taste (class interrupts in discussion about how yeah like totally i used to not like mustard yo).. Perhaps I could have maybe made notes about demographics n shit but still it was a video about hotdogs. It was worse than watching Telletubbies.

So fuck you

This devolved into an r9k thread real fast

>Get a surface or ipad for note taking
>Can take pictures whenever you want and he'll be none the wiser
Old people can't keep up

cuuuuuuuuuuute :3c

Had something similar happen in HS.
>have anxious AP bio teacher, last name is the first name of the fat kid on iCarly
>always getting flustered, can't control his class
>catholic school girls love to tease him and make him get redfaced
>last day of finals
>spanish exchange student is going around getting her LONG (quad-level) shirt (tits) signed for a keepsake
>asks Mr. iCarly to sign her shirt
>he says he can't, against rules etc.
>some of her friends get up and go surround this emasculated man at his desk
>grab him by the hands and make him sign his name right above where her vagina is
>gets extremely flustered and has to leave the room
>don't see him again next year
Ah, what it's like to be a kid.
>go to uni
>get babysitted
>"required attendance"
Listen here, you academia reject, put everything you know into a textbook. I'll pay the absurd fees if it means I don't have to sit for hours in a lecture hall, listening to your boring ass explain to me how monte carlo simulations are useful in test cases. Put it in a textbook, let me read the entire thing in an afternoon, and stop wasting my goddamn time. It doesn't take an entire semester to become proficient in a subject.

Oh wait lmao, he got fired.

it's the students responsibility to take notes, pay attention and do homework, but you're not doing anything for the student if you grade them based on how they treat the course
especially depending on what the course is about. something tells me this is a freshmen course, which means some students might already know the material, so they have to do plenty of unnecessary work just because some students don't realize how much money they're throwing away

it honestly makes no sense to have a college professor babysit adult students

also based on the way it looks it just sounds inconvenient. i take my notes in a spiral notebook and i'd rather not have to tear out pages, plus i take notes from the book as well and tend to go ahead, so there's times that my notes only include what's in the book and doesn't exactly say what the professor says
plus, i'd rather have my notes all the time rather than submitting it and not having access to my notes for 3 days

all things considered though it isn't _that_ bad and op should get over it

At some point you will graduate high school and go to university and be done with all this bullshit, OP. Won't that be a happy day?

call me a contrarian but i seriously have no idea why people hate taylor expansions

i thought it was the best part of series and sequences

Lol worst case I'll just record your shitty lecture then transcribe key points in a very disorganized manner just to appease your autistic ass. What would actually happen is I'd just complain to school administration about your faggotry and watch them scold you like a child. Being part of the student loan scam has it's advantages.

If nobody is paying attention to you it's because your lectures suck ass and people would be better served by reading a book. Give better lectures you autist.

>being required to attend shitty classes and take notes is "effort"

Last time I checked I should be graded based on my knowledge, not how much time I wasted on useless horseshit. If I ace tests, why the fuck do you think it's justified to come to me all pissy just because I didn't write down some shit on a notebook that I was never going to read ever again anyway? You think it's not fair or something? Maybe you had to perform sacred rituals when you were in college for the knowledge to come to you, but I don't need that shit.

Fucking sensitive prima donna professors need to be fired. Fuck tenure and other such bullshit that stops these retards from being fucking fired. It was always fucking hilarious to watch fucking professors get mad as fuck when they saw me doing nothing in their class. Fucking impotent losers. Why the fuck do you care what I do or don't do anyway? I bet they wanted so bad to fail me but they couldn't because I knew my shit and always scored 90% or more on their faggot ass little tests. Some even upped the difficulty on the exams and fucked everyone else except me. You have to be a literal autistic person to do this. You shouldn't be allowed to go near other people.

>learning means validating the teacher's efforts to teach

Don't worry, you are everybody's least favorite type of teacher as well. You don't like them because they don't need you. You fucking insecure turd. Talk to me about "really learning" things... Bitch, you're part of a mass education industry, if you were really so big on truly educating people you'd mentoring single students instead of giving lectures to an auditorium of hundreds, lectures so boring you have to force them to take notes via grades. But real education wouldn't pay the bills would it? You were young, you needed that money, so you became the hurdle every class must get over in order to move on to the next step. You impotent manchild.

Yeah it's hilarious watching brainlets study 8 hours every single day and get fucked in tests and fail to answer professor questions when presenting assignments.

The retarded thing about tests and grades and "points" as imaginary academic currency is they remove all intrinsic motivation to study and learn and optimal GPA-maximizing strategies are quickly found and implemented. Anyone saying it's about education or talking about "really learning things" is lying through their teeth. It's utterly moronic system that only exists because it's the easiest way to "grade" 200 extremely indebted people at the same time. You can be a slacker and do much better than these "model students" especially when you start thinking in terms of grade per hours of study. Every hour gained is time you can spend being truly productive in any number of ways, including properly learning things that are important by reading books.

He'd probably fail you by claiming your notes are illegible. These retards are looking for an excuse to fail you, you can't give them one. Just record their lecture then take 30 minutes to transcribe random key facts to paper just before the assignments are due. Easy as fuck

>woow look at all these students
>god damn they're doing pretty well...
>holy shit some are actually acing my tests!!
>fuck them it wasn't easy like this when I was in school
>FOR THE NEXT TEST YOU HAVE TO MEMORIZE THE PERIODIC TABLE, ALL THE AMINOACIDS, ALL ENZYMES PLUS THE ENTIRE METABOLIC MAP

God damn your post triggered me, biochem was one of my favorite subjects too

>finish 3 month internship required to complete my degree
>start looking for jobs
>most junior level jobs require at least one year of experience
>decide to apply to more internships to gain the experience I need
>most of them want people who haven't yet graduated

Things that never happened
>favoring rote memorizing brainlets who have to work hard and not actual intelligence
Fucking retard. The last time I've met a teacher with that attitude was in middle school

>You don't go to school for the education, but for the degree
True for murrika
faculty.utrgv.edu/eleftherios.gkioulekas/OGS/Misc/ARUSSIAN.PDF

>intro to chem class
>teacher is sassy black lady
>has an entire row of sycophants in the first 2 rows
>spends the entire lecture joking around with them and is always sarcastic as fuck
>in one of the first classes, she makes a blatant mistake on how many significant figures a number has
>don't say anything because I don't wanna be that guy and also it's a big class and I don't wanna draw attention
>some other guy tells her about the mistake, he was completely polite
>she looks at the mistake, turns back and looks him dead in the eye and says "No, I'm right, that number has X sig figs"
>all her sycophants at the front start laughing and heckling the guy because he insisted that it's wrong
>her first quiz was full of "gotcha" trick questions and the sort
>she made it mandatory to copy chapters of the book word-for- word and turn them in for grades every week, on top of a ton of BS assignments
D R O P P E D

But man she did have a really nice ass and she was kinda cute. But yeah HBCUs are fucking cancer.

writing shit down really does help you to remember shit
even if you never actually go back and read over your notes, just the act of writing them down will cement the concepts more strongly in your memory

That warmed my heart user!

because computing anything but the simplest ones is painful

>What would actually happen is I'd just complain to school administration about your faggotry and watch them scold you like a child.
Not him. The most admins would do is let you appeal the grade, and as long as he laid out what he intended to do in the syllabus, the appeal would probably fail.
Supposing he fucked up and didn't include it in the syllabus, -and- was also too lazy to post an updated version that stated it, the appeal might be granted. He'd get an automated email notifying him that the change was made, and that's it.

>record lecturer
>take pictures of slides
>run a shitty text to speech and OCR on the recordings
your move, teacher

>TTS
I meant to say speech to text

hahaha lol his livelyhood and reputation was destroyed lololol EPIC

I'd bet no matter what college he's in he'd get strongly pressured into half-assing some bogus way to make students pass the class. Remember, failing students look bad on school statistics and the admins have zero integrity. If he refuses, he'll end up fucking me a little but you can rest assured admin will not let that insult slide.

Professors are actually the guys with the least amount of power in the entire school. Fucking janitors have more power than these chucklefucks. Find a professor who was stupid enough to catch cheaters and see what happens to him

>Find a professor who was stupid enough to catch cheaters and see what happens to him
nah brah, cheating/plagiarism causes quite a shitstorm and threatens the integrity/status of the uni

I can not speak for america though

>get an 89 as a result of missing ~3% worth of redundantly long homework
Ree

Yeah maybe in other countries schools still have integrity. Not in America. They are 100% diploma mills. Yes, even the top schools. You can smell the greed of the student loan scam from kilometers away. I guarantee you math departments are the only ones that still fight back and have some sort of integrity but they'll be done in soon, admin hates math anyway since it fails so many students.