Are negative attitudes towards women in STEM based solely on internalized sexism or whatever...

Are negative attitudes towards women in STEM based solely on internalized sexism or whatever? What's your experience with them? Personally I found them more often than not to be utter morons who got where they are because of conscientiousness - other than that there isn't much going on with them. Sometimes it even gets frustrating to work with them.

There aren’t negative attitudes toward women in STEM. That’s a meme produce by far-left identitarians because their corrupt leaders use it to gain power

in my country around 56% of all STEM students are female, this is included heavy male-populated fields like computer science and comp eng
the same study revealed that only 30% of the top STEM students are female

>We MUST force women in STEM
>Men steal all the fun parts of house work
>6 equal pay myths and the comebacks you need to shoot them down
What the fuck are you reading?

There are studies showing that investors are less likely to invest in companies with women in senior positions. So engineering firms and so on either wont hire or wont promote women which discourages women from being in stem and discourages universities from treating women the same as men (private sector will often fund science at universities).

google "unesco cracking the code: girls snd women education in sciencd technology engineering and mathematics" to learn more

>I hate how people shove women in STEM

didn't mean to use green text

What a champion

>be female
>dum dum as shit
>pick gender studies because all you've to do is hate men
>PhD thesis on how man sucks
>"not enough women on stem courses, fucking misogynistic bastards"
>muh gils are much smarter than man, but somehow they all miss stem fields
>avoided stem in the first place
(((femminism))) is joke with the sole purpose of disrupting society.

>employer must not have a freedom to hire a worker of his own personal preference!

Yes there are. I'm an example of the "problem". I don't actually treat them differently when interacting with them - I just have this internal voice asking "how the fuck did you get here" and I'd rather not work with them if possible.

And you’re also a nobody that noone cares about and has no authority over anyone else

>Men steal the fun bits of housework, while women are bored to death

LUL

I'm getting transsexual vibes from her
moar please anyway

Gonna need a source for that specimen.

>I just have this internal voice asking "how the fuck did you get here" and I'd rather not work with them if possible.
that's what people used to call 'first impression judgment' before extreme-leftists hijacked the simple concept of people having personal preferences and opinions
it's perfectly fine to feel that way, I don't trust women with my work either unless they have good grades and show some effort

>What's your experience with them?
Very few know what they are talking about when they open their mouth.
Ive seen nepotism,obvious conflicts of interest,sex for progress ect.

>ect
stopped reading right there

Ask and you shall receive.
I am sick as a dog,it hurts to rite.

>im sexist but hate when people point it out

>before extreme-leftists hijacked the simple concept of people having personal preferences and opinions
case in point

>the end of the sentence
>stops reading

it's nice to see Veeky Forums has become a little smarter over the years

Nice digits, OP. But, no, you're incorrect about any kind of "internalized sexism," or whatever leftist propaganda you feel like regurgitating. I'm actually pleasantly surprised when I meet a genuinely intelligent female, and they are usually nice to work with. What *is* frustrating is a mediocre broad who thinks her tits are her key into STEM, rather than her brain.

Any sort of "internalized sexism" is some contrived oppression narrative created by leftists who wish to subvert your institution.

Try being a woman competing with other women in STEM where your fellow woman shores up her own self-doubt by manipulating the old-school sexism of your bosses to crush you without destroying herself.

>male
>"leftist" "far left"
>"im not sexist but"
>hasnt read feminist theory but can tell us for sure its wrong

>apply
>get accepted
alternatively:
>apply
>get rejected
wtf is the big deal?

Totally agree man. Bitches.

More women in STEM correlates to western disapproval of treatment of women, see; Iran and Saudi Arabia compared to Sweden and Finland.

>implying I, as a mathematician, need to give a fuck about "feminist theory"

Go be a brainlet somewhere else, peon. I'm disgusted that slime like you is allowed to inhabit academia and breathe the same air. Move along and go read more of that "critical theory" you're so fond of.

Why is the second pic from the top left corner included in this image?

It's from the alt-right antiwomen homosexual propaganda, like that comic about Mars.

>stopped reading at the end of the post
good for you I guess

There's plenty of negative attitudes toward women in engineering. God forbid you have a female engineer talk to workers. They're treated as second class citizens.

In poverty stricken countries women will study whatever pays best ie STEM. In rich liberal countries women do what they actually enjoy ie being community outreach officers etc.

>those articles on the right

>who got where they are because of conscientiousness
So hard work shouldn't be compensated?

when ever it involves business

it will--by nature-- involve some amount of competition.

STEM fags hate the notion of women entering into the STEM field becuase
1)they have been spooked by all the "liberal horror stories" or women in the STEM fields.
--they also assume that the same women who like to "play" video games on twitch are the same ones who will be going for said STEM positions.
2) related to the competitive nature of business part- they see this whole talk of letting more women in stem, making room for women in stem as just another level of compeition.
Stupid competition at that. what with all those diversity iniaitives.
---Many STEM fags fear that all the work they done, blood sweat and tears will be all for naught, which kills the competitive spirit.
So they are like tigers you are backing into a corner.
Except these tigers don't have claws. They have the internet.

>he works hard

hahahahahahaha

I think people dislike women because women have the option to target the weakest virgins and then fuck their way up the ladder, instead of doing any real work.

Every time I see a woman in any position of power I am immediately infested with thoughts of "I wonder how many dicks she sucked to get there". It is sad really. I know not all women are like this, but because women give each other bad press. So many women do this that now it is almost impossible to consider women to be honest people. It is much easier (and accurate) to assume they just sucked dick all the way.

Call me a sexist if you want, but if pointing out the facts of reality is sexist then being sexist is a good thing.

Everytime I am cronrtoned with a "female social group"

this is the picture that immediatly comes to my mind.

>labeling personal opinions as to make them easy to discard
classic far-left operating

>feminist theory
kek

What's so funny? All the scientists you worship were hard workers.

I don't mind how women act with their friends because I just don't care. I want to work, goddammit. But God knows that every time I gave a woman the benefit of the doubt back when I was younger, my projects were destroyed.

Seriously, if you are unenlightened about female nature you simply can not comprehend what your eyes see. You see a woman your age, at your education level, so you assume she is as competent as you (if not more, as media usually tells us women are more ordered and responsible) so you are more than happy to collaborate but then you find out that she literally knows nothing about anything and you are left wondering how the fuck did she get to the same position as yourself.

I don't have a negative attitude towards women publicly.

However, there are very few women with the fight/drive/determination to compete at the same level as men.

>"far left" "kek"
>"women just fuck their way to success"
>"you are unenlightened about female nature"
>"women just arent competitive"

>anyone who has any criticism at all about women must be from the alt-right

I guess women are simply above criticism. We shall put them on a pedestal and never even dare discuss any possible flaw as this would mean we are nazis.

>>>/tumblr/

Hard work and stupidity do not mix well

>how the fuck did you get here
yeah obviously you're gonna wonder that after decades of affirmative action shoving unqualified women into significant roles

After reading some of Google's internal message board screenshots, I now wonder this about virtually all google employees. It really bothers me that they seem to think women and minorities need to be handled with kid gloves in order to succeed.

Women are wonderful (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/"Women_are_wonderful"_effect). Some women take advantage of this to get into positions they aren't suited for. People have noticed this.
So, in a technical position, an interviewer (male or female) will look at a female more closely to make sure they aren't just trying to sneak in. Males, on the other hand, don't go through as much scrutiny, meaning those who know their stuff get a job about as much as those who can just hack it. This results in the strong polarization we see in the technical workplace: a women is either perfectly competent, or they are very much not.

>alt-right
>milo

kys

Sexism isn't always a bad thing

>electrical engineer
>field with 10% women max
>defense industry, even lower percentage
>all my managers have been women, only one has even been serviceable

When women stop getting diversity points and hired/promoted because of their vaginas, then I will respect them as peers and leaders. I even remember my friend in college who was pretty smart and more dedicated than me losing an intern position to a black woman who didnt know her ass from her elbow.

[citation needed]

I'll add that they were also minority women, so even smaller yet ratio.

It's harder to live without a job if you can't live off mommy's social security dollar, kid.

This! I tip my fedora to you, fellow Magapede!

That's not a woman.
Hell, it's not even a crossdresser.

>honest people of either gender
>working their way to the top
You're actually retarded if you believe this. You'd suck virgin dick too if it would get you what it gets them.

I've met a wide range of women in STEM.

1) The Cut Throat

The Cut Throat literally kills whatever she can do. Obliterates papers. Obliterates rivals or "rivals". Obliterates job interviews. Just ferociously attacks anything in her path. She usually has an A-/B+ average, but due to her nature and diversity in academica pts, goes very far, and probably will do well.

The Histrionic:

This flirty lass knows all the coolest, quippiest buzzwords, has an eternal subscription to Chegg, and knows all the best places to find free answer guides. She probably has the most exposed skin out of all the possible STEM women. She likely belongs to a sorority/regularly parties , and is happy with a C average, as long as her image as le mad science nerd xD is preserved.

The Fembot:

The Fembot is literally a robot with tits. She doesn't do much besides study in the library. She wears neutral colored clothes, and is almost invisible unless looked for. She likely knows most of the shit that will happen in the class, and is likely to get As across the board, but due to extreme social retardation, misses out on key job/research oppurtunities that would have gone to her even without diversity points. She is likely to have an A average.

The Gender Trender:

THEY are likely to be similar to the histrionic but THEY are different because THEY aren't confined to rigid gender roles that keep The Histrionic in her sorority and booze filled place. The Gender Trender most likely also has a C average, and majors in STEM for hard nerd cred on the local communism face book groups as "a future Bolshevik scientist after the revolution.

The Normal:
I have no clue why I find these women in my classes. They look normal, talk normal, and are overall pleasant to talk to. I'm guessing they have a B/A- average, and won't go to grad school, but will do well in life.

There might be some other broad brush strokes that other anons can think of. I'm out.

>criticism towards a huge group based on autistic generalizations
Not everyone woman is above criticism, but a huge group like "women", "men", or "white people" is definitely above criticism as a group because they aren't hiveminds.

Oh, and as a side note: most women I've met in university have been deserving of where they are. They work hard and put in the hours for success. Every semester I have to deal with histrionics, and they're not fun to do work groups with.

The normal ones are the biggest surprise, due to the nature of math being filled with the worst that nerds have to offer in terms of social autism.

At the end of the day, I'm guessing that 85% of women in positions of power earned it. I'm guessing 15% rode the cock cart, or used diversity pts, to make it up the ladder, but it's definitely in the minority

>muh anecdotal evidence xD

Women are studying math and physics in big numbers, so it's not like they are too dumb for Stem. They simply don't like engineering, computer science, etc. so why exactly force them into those fields?

I’m in computer eng and most of my co-ops consisted of software and programming related jobs. I’ve had co-of with two female classmates at the same workplace and both times they were struggling with what to do and constantly required assistance.
Pretty much, they are able to read books and take notes but they can’t apply any of it, it’s like they have no appreciation for their major itself.

You obviously don't know the comic.

how does that reply address the fact that employers are being forced to choose one person in detriment of another?

>Women are studying math and physics in big numbers, so it's not like they are too dumb for Stem.
Applying to university, being accepted into a program and earning passing, mediocre or high grades doesn´t guarantee success at the higher echelons of academia or industry.

The normal distribution of IQ differs between the genders, and it manifests itself exactly as you presented and I then proceeded to correct.

>t. Low-IQ feminist

>first impression
>an impression you actually have already BEFORE you meet them the first time
What did he mean by this?

In Germany 44% of physics PhD are female.

I've experienced 4 types of women in STEM.

The moron who doesn't know shit and when asked why she's in STEM replies "because science is like super cool". Pretty rare desu.

The super smart girl who gets good grades but has no friends because she's a complete asshole and try hard with no chill. There exists at least one per graduating class.

The smart girl who gets good grades and is also level headed and down to earth. Knows when to be serious but also knows when to chill out. The most rare type.

The average girl who gets average grades, kinda nerdy. No one really notices her and she tends disappear into the background. Honestly, pretty common.

So you've met smart, mediocre and stupid women. Some of them were nice people, some of them assholes, and some of them unremarkable.

Thank you for your this revelation, user.

zoz, not him but this was funny

Women aren't competitive.

not true.
less competitive overall, yes.

Right. They're far less competitive than men, in general. The way I see it, they can usually settle for what seems enough, and I think it's the reason successful female entrepeneurs retire way earlier (which I believe is a very healthy philosophy). A lot of men work themselves to death even if they had already made their initial investment 1000 times fold 30 before.

30 years before*

Get your own STEM... I don't think, any woman, and most of woman, can do anything like that, and I also think, that they can be simple plague. They will think, that problems we have them are because they are woman, and similar sexistic egocentric bullshit woman thing of all day. Nobody is really prepared for that, we have work to do.

If you can handle something, because you are strong woman, it's giving a birth, and otherwise I really do not want your fucking ego at the workplace proving everybody like how strong woman can you be, and if you are pretty enough you will disturb workspace, and if you are not you will do the same.

Competition is not what is getting things done, and there is no average person, deal with it.

Why do people want to prove themselves so much?

R EEEEEEEEE

False premise: there is no such negative attitude. In fact it can be argued that there is an overly positive attitude toward women in STEM as they are given millions of dollars and endless assistive resources exclusively for being women.

>I don't actually treat them differently when interacting with them - I just have this internal voice asking "how the fuck did you get here" and I'd rather not work with them if possible.
Then you're not a problem.
You're just reacting to something you see as different to the norm, which is just because there is a lack of women in STEM.

If there were more in there then you wouldn't have that internal voice, it would be normal.

If I was offered that much for a sandwich. I would not want to work.

I guess that goes to show how inane this topic is.

is there any real sexism effect which cannot be explained by "traditional" modes of discrimination?

For example, tall people garner more respect. Women are shorter than men, so we should expect women to be discriminated against on that basis alone; but it wouldn't be sexist.

Same thing for pitch of voice.

>physics
What about mathematics or compsci?

Weird thing is, in my 3rd world shithole, there are more girls going into STEM than guys (most of them drop out before finishing HS).
Still, the guys are definitely smarter (or at least quicker to grasp the info) than girls esp in Maths.

That's a perfectly reasonable culture to develop desu
You have two classes of employees, one of whom had their resumes held to a much higher standard during hiring, because there were more of them and you wanted an equal number of both classes. It's perfectly reasonable to hand only unimportant work to the second class.

We could remedy this: Make the skill distribution of the first class identical to the skill of the second class. Intellectual diversity. Not in the ideological sense. But in the competency sense. The only way to end the culture of "diversity hires" being treated like office pets is to ensure you hire a significant number of white males who are also morons.

they are actually smarter than men

There's no such thing as "negative attitudes toward women in STEM." This is a boogeyman explanation by starry-eyed idealists who know nothing. STEM is the closest our species can come to pure meritocracy. The whole point of that Indian guy coming to Oxford is, if you come from absolutely nothing, but you do the work, here is a field that will recognize you. In literally every other academic field non-meritocratic things matter more. In the fields that women dominate there is no semblance of meritocracy (or learning).

Indian/Asian women do it OK but white women miserably fail on it.

Simple white women avoid low status jobs by having white privilege

this.

womens' inferiority complex is a major threat.

most women write papers that are almsot impossible to decipher and basically carry an irrelevant thesis anyway. but they (and males hoping to get laid) cheer them on, anyway

women belong at home.

SI system is ruled by giant Jerk, so they can say it is sexist. Or just because they already made it sexist. I really don't think, that man, with some real balls would end up thinking about jerk. And also, how much of it's incrementation can I get in second? Because if I get trough irregular dynamic resistance. Like what happens, there is a Jerk per second, Woman doesn't want Jerks and stem is based around Jerks, so woman can't do it.

see?

I mean with some effort, I could try and decipher this. But really, resources are better spent elsewhere...