Why are we taught about the scientific achievements of Newton

but not of Alhazen who was superior to Newton

or al-Khwarizmi

Copying Greek writings into arabic is not a scientific achievement

but to be fair

isn't that what the Europeans did to the Arabs, steal their writings

This triggers the /pol/tard

Alhazen and Al-Khwarizmi have no writing that compares to Newton's Principia in terms of influence on science, so no it doesn't trigger the /pol/tard

Well it is, without the Islamic world doing that the knowledge would have been lost. Anyway you're a retarded /pol/ster for they did extend Greek knowledge. Relating conic sections to the solutions of cubics etc among many other things.

but modern mathematics is pretty much European in origin

Every dog has it's day.

Because western culture is dominant, therefore nobody gives a shit about other scientists. They're irrelevant.

Leibniz's calculus had a much bigger effect and more immediate on society and scientific development than the contributions of those two arabs you mention.

Newton discovered Calculus independently of leibniz and was english-speaking so we learn about him more but he would not have told anyone if leibniz had not.

Anyway it makes sense that we learn more about one of the discoverer's of calculus than learning about someone who did a some work on basic algebra which did not bear much fruit or provoke scientific leaps forward.

algebra is literally an Arabic word same as algorithm. we're taught alot about the scientific achievements made by arabs but their golden age slowly died once they hit the renaissance era.

Why is Veeky Forums so racist?

Why are you a faggot

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

So? Aldebaran is an Arabic word, does that mean they invented it? Algebra long predates Islam, the Egyptians used it.

because faggotry

That guy looks pretty white. Was he Persian? (basically white 1000 years ago)

what these people did was cool, maybe we should know more about them.

you mean persians

Eurocentrism.

He is very very underrated, he also done some great works about Parabloids

Before him, everyone thought that people's eyes are the one emit light to see, He didn't copy he continued the works, and if you never knew, that's what all scientists do

It's /pol/ who infected every board with its fucking brainlets

This is why every board was asking to remove /pol/, you ruin everything good.

Please go away from Veeky Forums and never come back you brainlets

>Well it is, without the Islamic world doing that the knowledge would have been lost.
Well, in part it is the Islamic world's fault that Yurop lost it in the first place.

Daily reminder Islam is primitive and believes Allah's will is more powerful than basic logic, so they dont believe in rationality.

All of this so called scientists of the golden-era of Islam were rejected and even executed by muslims, those savages had never created a single scientific advancement

Not really, it was the church who hanged everyone that has been doing science

Reported, please never post in Veeky Forums again it's for mature scientific people

Newton's name was on the seminal work of modern math and science.
Never underestimate the importance of marketing.

Algebra, chemistry, and algorithms we're developed by the arabs, before Islamic scholars banned free speech in 1100. Arabs were developing science at the same rate as renaissance Europeans.

Shariah is primitive, but shariah has been in a downward spiral since 1100.

Islam is not primitive, shariah is akin to jurisprudence in American law.

Because Newton's work was more influential.

Why do wh*tes shiver at the prospect of somebody from another race accomplishing something?

Yeah and your point is fucking retarded since I could just say those other dog's "days" are well in the past and not coming back. Accept that your countries brightest minds are flocking to the West and that there's no point having passionate chauvinistic fantasies inside a civilizational framework that's thousands of years old and dying.

>superior to Newton
Because he wasn't?

China will take over the world soon

Nobody "banned free speech". Don't get your meme history from Neil The Memester Tyson.

t. dipshit who knows nothing about global politics and gets all his information from memes

They said the exact same thing about Japan in the 80's:
-when Japanese products were in every Western home
- when Japanese consumer electronics were crushing the Western equivalent
- when an entire generation of Western children were growing up on Japanese video games on Japanese consoles on Japanese TV's
-when Japan has significant advantages over China in raw genetic capital

and guess what, that era has passed and nothing changed. Keep beating to your fantasies though idiot

That's the worst comparison I've ever seen, Japan never had a single chance in becoming the biggest country in the world, China's path is almost certain at this point

The United Kingdom practically took over the entire planet despite being quite a bit smaller than Japan. My comparison was apt, you're just a mongoloid who can't think critically.

That is not even remotely true. Have you ever heard of the Byzantine empire which were greeks, who were the people who shared the writings with the muslims? Around 75% of all writing from the Greeks comes the Byzantine empire.Now I am not denying some muslim scientists worked on and improved on some of the work the Greeks had done

No it was mostly Persians who did it, also algorithms predate their golden age. Have you ever heard of the Euclidian algorithm?

Oh wow electronics so what? China exports so much more than that. High end toys was a niche Western market, China is flooding the entire planet with cheap steel, fabrics, you name it. Japan also was and to some extent still is a US puppet so they never directly challenged US manufacturing like China has.

There's a difference between exporting unique intellectual property and mass producing Western blueprints you fucking retard

Study the history of the humanity, you idiot.

Japan had no offensive army at this point because of WWII, they are only allowed to have defensive power to this day.

Japan and China are absolutely uncomparable

This is what I dub "goalpoast racism"
>Islamic terror attack happens
>"ban the filthy Iranian scum!"
>Islamic scientific achievements being discussed
>"I-it was all the glorious Persians! The filthy Arabs did nothing!"
It's like when a religion or race is involved in something bad it's the fault of the whole group but when achievements are being discussed this same group that /pol/ swore was all the same and good for nothing suddenly gets chopped up into subsets until it fits their viewpoint.

I have not said a single word about any of the things you are talking about.

There is sure but that isn't what dominates global economies. Chinese steel has already all but wiped out various European steel manufacturers, they own virtually the entire infrastructure of many developing countries, USA owes China $1.2 trillion. When you owe someone $1.2 trillion you are their bitch fuck toy.
This, they rely on the USA for defence how the fuck can they challenge them for world hegemony? China has an independent nuclear arsenal pointed at the USA.

Hurdur a nation that isn't even talented enough to produce a culture worthy of being exported or produce unique intellectual goods/technology/research and has to steal weapon systems designs from the US or Russia and has an aging, low birthrate population is definitely going to win wars and take over the planet with tanks n planes and all dat other military shit hurdhurhur

I didn't even start talking about Japan, you did. And what do you mean about Japan not having a rich culture?
Empire of Japan had an influence all over Asia below China

I was talking about China, and comparing it to Japan's admirable culture that has managed to permeate much of the West/globally

because polcuck kiddos don't want to admit that algebra was a bigger step than calculus

Yes, and China economy and power is much stronger than Japan ever was and ever will be

Japan is well known for having an ageing low birthrate population wtf are you talking about?
I get that you're an asshurt weeb but hardly anyone outside of Veeky Forums or the Western tech community cares about Japan. China has a bigger economy. Whether they are "copycats", "have no culture", they have a bigger economy.

or the sieve of Eratosthenes

We rarely talk about Christian scientists outside of biographical facts. Giving credit to Islam for Persian accomplishments seems silly.

imagine being so autistic you try to drive a factual, biographical discussion about ancient thinks to your identity politics bullshit simply because the people in question were a different shade of brown

nobody invented algorithms you idiot. You are confusing the invention of a word of a concept for the invention of the concept itself. But algorithm is just a list of instructions which everybody had. And algebra did not start or end with or arabs. it was europeans who created the fundamental theorem of algebra afterall. Not sure what significant contributions to chemistry by Arabs you are even referring to

>Arabs were developing science at the same rate as renaissance Europeans

lol such bullshit. let me guess you are Arab. the renaissance was the Islamic golden age x 1000 in terms of scientific progress

>There is sure but that isn't what dominates global economies.
Manufacturing will move out of China in ten or twenty years time.
>, they own virtually the entire infrastructure of many developing countries, USA owes China $1.2 trillion. When you owe someone $1.2 trillion you are their bitch fuck toy.
>he fell for the debt meme
The military might of the united states government is what guarantees the dollar and the US economy - a debt sheet held by slanty-eyed, soulless, ant-like pinkos is of no consequence to the global cultural, social and political hegemony held by western culture.

Why do people always say "id wuz the perisinz not the ayrabbs, parmaseanz were aryan and white." If you read about those time periods, it was basically even between arabs and persians in terms of contributions to the caliphate. If anybody was dragging their knuckles in comparison it was the turks. Also keep in mind that back then modern day iraqis would be considered persians.

This thread stinks of Los Tehran faggots.

OP isnt wrong. Their has been a significant amount of white washing of history. For example the laffer curve for taxation and a lot of economic theories were originally from Ibn Khaldun. Who in my opinion is a very under appreciated scholar in history.

>laffer curve
So he was an idiot ahead of his time. Amazing.

>urdur a nation that isn't even talented enough to produce a culture worthy of being exported or produce unique intellectual goods/technology/researc
You mean the same culture that essentially created the modern idea of civilization and was pre eminent for thousands of years?

For the love christ read a fucking book.

>Manufacturing will move out of China in ten or twenty years time.
Unless there is a cheaper place to have it done or the chinese government withdraws from global trade, no it wont. China is equivalent to atlantis as far as an industrial base goes, you have accessibility to modern technology and manufacturing with a work force that you dont have to pay fuck all. I cant fathom why you would think otherwise.

Give me one example of someone hanged because of doing science. Exclude Galileo since he was not hanged because of science, it was because he was an asshole, also his model was worse than the ones they had back then.

I am quite sursprised that Veeky Forums is the most historically ignorant board I have visited yet.

Literally copied from a bait post on Reddit math.

>t. butthurt Arab
go back to al-reddiyya

>Galileo continued to receive visitors until 1642, when, after suffering fever and heart palpitations, he died on 8 January 1642, aged 77.[9][92]
nice bait, fuck off

The idea that the church spent the entirety of the medieval period burning scientists and strong progressive nonbinary women of colour is a bunch of bullshit from enlightenment era fedoras with an agenda. Sure, the christcucks did their fair share of damage but so did the muds. It's always been sporadic rather than systematic. European academic tradition evolved within and around the church

It was persians who were doing the 'arabic' golden age.

It was incepted by and piggy-backing off of the works of the ionic greeks anyways (who were brought afield and translated as a result of the hellenic conquests).

Notable but not superior, everything Newton and Euler did before us still manages to be some of the most fundamental and relevant results of mathematics and physics to this day.
But if I'm being real there's a reason and a very racial one you've heard of the Euclid-Euler theorem or a Mobius Function but not a zulu-abdu conjecture or a trayvon-crip function

ironically the guy OP posted "Alhazen" is Arab
and it was called "Islamic golden age", there was Afghan, Persian, Turkic scientists also

no I'm not an Arab, I'm just very old in this board that I noticed how starting from US last election, every board on this website went to shit, thanks to kids like you

Science knows no race or religion

>Applying 19th/20th century nationalist ethnic concepts to people from the 8th century and onwards
I don't understand this.

ahem.

So if everyone is done being a fuckhead, ever heard of Apollonius? Yeah, Apollonius had a whole set of work on the nature of sections of right-angled cones/pairs of cones called parabolas/hyperbolas. This is important because his work is quite complex, while being very interesting as well.

Well, he made eight books overall, but the eighth went missing along the way, destroyed or lost. So Alhazen went ahead and reconstructed the eighth book. I'm currently reading On Conics, on book 4, I am going to be reading the book he reconstructed. I have to say, I am glad someone attempted it, otherwise we would not have this important book.

Other than this, Ibn Al-Haytham did many other things, like correcting the Almagest, or exploring the fundamental findings of Euclid.

The man was a regular genius when it came to geometrical/astronomical propositions.

Egyptians were literally engineer-tier, they rounded pi to 256/81 even though far better estimates existed before that time

Fucking sandnigger shills. Go to Al Jazeera or something

This. They've done very little. Not even going to bother with the rest of this thread.

Just know these people are (often) paid to shill for multiculturalism.

>al jabr wal muqabala had no impact

>Reminder: Veeky Forums is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics
go to pol or something

/pol/ is not generally wrong, you know...
it is even more accurate.
give free opinion a chance.
the arabs or whatever did do their own research based on greek texts.
as well as others. why bother who did it first, as long as it gives a bigger picture of the whole.
this is what science means in german "to create knowledge"

>/pol/ is not generally wrong you know

i assume you are making a general statement about your own mental health since /pol/ hates "normies"?

This is ridiculous. People keep making these fucking sandnigger slide threads, boldly stating that we Europeans mean nothing and a bunch of terrorists with a subhuman average IQ are the master race. But when you point it out the only "argument" you get is
>pol! go back to pol!! POOOOOOOOL!!!!
I don't go there ya scrubs, there's only one thing you need to hate these mudslimes and that's either being Dutch, or not collectively deny reality and history because the media told me.
I have every fucking right to defend both my heritage and country.

STOP SHILLING THIS BULLSHIT HERE. GO AWAY.

>Posts politics on the science board
>"Why are people telling me to go back to the politics board?"
Fuck off.