How would I know if I'm too dumb to study science and math? Is there some kind of verified test or criteria?

How would I know if I'm too dumb to study science and math? Is there some kind of verified test or criteria?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289612000839
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0063614
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278262612000309
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A good metric I find it of you had to study calc 1. I'm a math professor at a top 10 and every good student I ever met just streamed through calc 1 junior year of hugh school. The material builds on itself and is so trivial such that if you have to recitate it, your IQ is probobly too low.

Do you have the attention span necessary to read a textbook? You're good to go.

depends if you want to be an engineer or a physics PhD

It's not about intelligence. It's about how hard you're willing to work.

>just bee urself!

No one said be yourself because youre a lazy faggot and that's why you have shit results.

Be someone else and do the exact opposite of what you've done your whole life.

>math professor at a top 10

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

Sodomites will burn in hell

You need to see a therapist, user. It's not healthy to be so full of hate. :(

literally nothing fucking affects your ability to study math/science except work

check your IQ and if it's below the range, then you're too dumb

Kill yourself you 15 year old larper

If you don't suffer from a learning disability you will be okay getting a Bachelors in Physics, Math or Computer Science (actual computer science not meme programming for apps and websites.)

It's about how much you are willing to work for it, not about how smart you are starting out. Just go for it or end up like pretending to be something you wish you were your whole life.

This is the answer you need. Anything else isn't serious.

>pseudo-profound bullshit
Brainlet status confirmed

>the Downs syndrome kid who flips burgers at McDicks can become Terry Tao if he tries hard enough

>I have a likely healthy and average mind and body but I will use the most extreme examples of kids born with cerebral palsy or kids missing their legs and arms

You should post a picture of an agent orange survivor with the caption "Just talk to her bro" to btfo me too.

>any counterexample to my demonstrably false claim is too rare to matter
A completely non-negligible chunk of the population is too mentally incompetent to graduate high school. It's just dishonest to say that kind of higher education is accessible to everyone that works hard enough.

That's because they use drugs or just get bored. A tiny percent is actually so mentally deficient they cannot pass highschool. And that is truly tragic and unfortunate.

why did you bother typing this out

Measure your IQ.
It is the equivalent of your wrist size for strength training, and you can't do anything to change it.
Also, it is completely genetic.
Good luck.

If you have to ask...

>tfw lady wrists

85% genetic*

No sorry, it's about intelligence. I broke up my first study because I failed every exam, I visited every lecture and learned 4 hours a day after that, still failed, it is about intelligence, I can work as hard as I can and I would still write shitty grades or fail at everything.

>and you can't do anything to change it
WM training can improve IQ. About 50% of the variance is due to executive functioning.
>Also, it is completely genetic
It's not. It's highly heritable, this doesn't imply it's genetic. Not to mention GWAS studies haven't found any gene candidates for IQ.

You can't be too dumb. As long as you're interested, you're already smart enough. Unless you want to go to an elite school.
>I'm a math professor at a top 10
And yet you take anecdotal evidence seriously and think calc 1 has anything to do with actual math.

you can't do math if you have a low IQ, it'll take you ten times the effort understand any notion than any semi gifted student and you'll fail the course

6"
I'm contemplating suicide

>wrist size for strength training
wrist size is a predictor of your maximum strength potential?
that sounds like bullshit and google only links me to bodybuilding forums, do you have any scientific source for that?

>WM training can improve IQ.
absolutely wrong
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289612000839
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0063614

A good metric is if you had to study algebra I. Im a math emeritus professor at a top 9 and every good student I know breezed through algebra I senior year of grad school. The material is logical and builds on your mom.

Try watching rick and morty at 2x speed and if you can understand it, you can study any science math degree you want

>medical occupations, "college professors", and what passes for "electrical engineers" in the same league with physics and math
Pseudo-scientific drivel.

no, you're just too retarded to understand basic statistics and inerpret information from simple graphs

First article has an n of 93 and the sidebar suggests
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278262612000309
which presents opposing evidence.

Though, neither are available in full, so how about not drawing conclusions from studies that you can't actually read?

And did you actually read the second link you utter bloody wanker? It says many things that put your claims into question.

Take the first half of general chemistry. I've noticed that its a somewhat good indicator whether or not you'll survive in any science.

I don't state math because not every science subject requires maths beyond calculus. And typically most life science majors will forget much of it by the time they graduate lol

>math and physics grouped with life sciences
>philosophy and others grouped wherever
Wew

>professors, mathematicians, physicists, electrical engineers with sub 100 IQ
how is this possible?

Getting a bachelors is a bad goal. Masters is the minimum requirement for stem jobs now

Casey Butt -> max bp 1rm = wrist size^3
so with 6" you never get to bench more than 200 lbs no matter the diet or exercise plan (and I checked that his formula works, I could only get a bp in the low 200s after a bit more than a full year of training on SS). It was frustrating until I figured out why. Nobody understands because nobody has 6" wrists (on the other hand, many are lazy with 8", which is why claims like mine often backfire and people call me a liar)

Bait Identified

experimental physicists, engineers, applied maths

here you go.

Nigga that's retarded look up kbooey or any top level female bencher.

t. Lady wrists and ankles yet squat 220kg and bench 120kg after 2 years of training

Well, I'd put more trust into a study conducted on MIT by a group of experts that is peer-reviewed than a study conducted by some guy who was been desperately trying to prove his theory for decades and his only coauthor is his wife.
>It says many things that put your claims into question.
Like? The abstract is very clear and conclusive.

>he said without reading the chart in question
Are you by any chance a brainlet physician?

It isnĀ“t, though would have you believe the opposite.

>just CHANGE bro!
How fucking armchair can you get?

black people need nerds too