Which today's scientific idea will be most laughed at in the year 3000?

Which today's scientific idea will be most laughed at in the year 3000?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencenews.org/article/arrow-of-time-reversed-quantum-experiment
arxiv.org/abs/1711.03323
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Which today's scientific idea will be most laughed at in the year 3000?
climate change, though it's not exactly a "scientific" idea

conservation of momentum

The second """"law"""" of thermodynamics. It doesn't even hold true all the time.

dumb fuck

Laws are supposed to be absolute, not "it usually happens this way." The fact that entropy can spontaneously decrease in very rare instances suggests the existence of a workaround.

Very rare is an understatement. There's no way to prove a physical law; it's always based on statistics with absurdly high confidence. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics absolutely qualifies as a statement with absurdly high confidence, and you even know what the uncertainty is from Stat Mech.

>The sexes are biologically the same
>Genetic engineering is immoral
>Possibly some diseases being considered incurable.
>There are more than 2 genders

That all races have equal cognitive capabilities.. oh wait

the very idea of having only 5 senses, because thats the appendages we can count, its very laughable even today.

that dreams are random content generated by the brain to make sense of yesterday, instead of alternative realities we get to experience when the owner of the body is sleeping

All of psychology.

was never science. more close to astrology i mean look at the mbti.

Whether or not the law holds, you are thinking about it incorrectly, the correct understanding is that given an arbitrary length of time the entropy will decrease, short term fluctuation has no relevance. Think of it as you would a limit from calculus, saying that ultimately a function surpasses any value is not the same as saying it never decreases

>spontaneously decrease in very rare instances
Any experimental examples? I'm aware it's theoretically possible in small systems but I'm curious if it has ever been realized.

>Genetic engineering is immoral
>There are more than 2 genders

Wouldn't highly advanced genetic engineering actually lead to a higher likelihood of there being a variety of people who can't be considered male or female?

>can't even come up with original bait

This

The crazy exotic ideas to explain dark matter and dark energy

Clinical psychology, philosophy (except the logic part) and sociology as a whole.

Cancer research in general

The cure for cancer was discovered 50 years ago and it's been suppressed in an effort to milk dying people of their insurance policies. It'll be a simple thing that everyone already has access to.

Can you back that up?

your pic related.

>The cure for cancer was discovered 50 years ago
Then what was it?

You could say that about any chronic illness though

That consumption of soy based products can lead to homosexuality

the idea that micro physics is non local

"Infinite" sets

That humans would survive to see year 3000.

When they look back, and see all the movies and games we spewed out about space, they will probably look and laugh at us as the era where humans thought we would be traveling through space by flying methods like we are in airplanes, FTL/Antimatter drives, and we engage in dogfights in the middle of space.

>Quantum physics
>Black hole
>Dark matter
>Dark energy

>trying to piss off /x/

Cool your jets, Aries

Psychology.

Had I expected to live until 3000 AD, I would have bet they wouldn't laugh at dark matter. Dark energy, maybe, but if you knew anything about astronomy you would have known dark matter is a well grounded concept. Perhaps they will find out what matter it is but I have no doubts it's one of the sensible theories in its infancy stage.

Do we laugh at Newton's work nowadays, just because he wasn't entirely correct?

both dark matter and dark energy are retarded

I don't get why you replied with this picture?

Heat death

Atomic theory

What did he mean bu this

Explain galaxy drift then.

>science
>in the year 3000

bwahahahah

humanity will be hunting rats with spears for survival by then

Are you saying that "1+1=2" is not fully certain? That there is some amount of absurd uncertainty?

Gender reassignment surgery aka the lobotomy of the 21st century

How the fuck is 1+1=2 an experimental fact?

Racial equality

Agreed

On the level of analysis Newton asked his questions on he was entirely correct.

Anything with quantum in front of it's title right now is completely probability based. When we figure out an actual model of the very small current quantum mechanics will be disregarded.

It's not like Schrodinger's equation is wrong, it is just statistical argument. Rather than precise reasoning.

Of course you don't you moron.

If future people are too stupid to realize that everything on your list was science fiction designed for entertainment and not scientific accuracy, then the future are utter fucking morons.

Eurobeat on a galactic scale.

QM
photons
light speed
gravity
string theory
evolution

Fuck on off back to your containment board mong.

MO theory

"""random"""
kys

>Fuck on off back to your containment board mong.
Filtered.

sciencenews.org/article/arrow-of-time-reversed-quantum-experiment

Re: arxiv.org/abs/1711.03323

don't forget:

"Dark energy"
Particles
Space
Time
"Spacetime"

Antidepressants, antipsychotics, anxiety meds. Anything that tries to change mental state, akin to how we think lobotomy is barbaric.

Objectivity as a concept will be laughed at, alongside athiesm.

What will those absolutely hillarious concepts be replaced with?

Everything is objective, since it's represented by irl matter or energy, brainlet.

Despite what the article says, this is not a case of entropy decreasing. This is a case of a particular way of calculating *approximate* entropy breaking down in quantum land and yielding thermodynamics-violating results. This is not because the situation messes with thermodynamics, it's just that the techniques of imperfectly calculating this entropy are particularly imperfect under quantum conditions.

womens rights and black rights

Gravity's virtual particles

>humanity will be hunting rats with spears
Anyone who tries to hunt a rat with a spear deserves to starve.
Those of us with any ability to think will be setting snares and hiding nearby to kill any spear chuckers who try to steal our catch.

back to /pol/

No. Who would engineer their kids to be freaks? People want smart, tall, social kids. No one is going to say "yes, give Joanie a micropenis and sissy fetish".

When you teach kids addition you literally give them multiple things, say balls. They do one plus one by putting two balls in a little circle. You then tell them to count the balls. They just did an experiment. It does assume counting.

The idea that the dominant lifeform will have a sense of humor in the year 3000.

>Em drive
Pfffffffff

W E W
E
W

Economics, String Theory, Chemotherapy (same way we laugh at leeches), AI (not that it won't work but that we consider chatbots AI), Irrational fear of nuclear power. Did I miss any?

Edgy

The metric system.

>Chemotherapy
It’s the best option we have these days for multiple different cancer types, and is clinically proven to work, with benefits outweighing the suffering it can cause. It would be like us looking back on the battlefield amputation techniques of the civil war; the way in which it was done was brutal and potentially lead to life-threatening infection, but overall the surgeries saved many lives.
Also, leaches are still effectively used in cases where blood has pooled in tissue and isn’t draining, in order to prevent harmful coagulation of it.

>equality
>morality
>fantasy
>bait

op said scientific ideas.

our level of medicinal understanding
our computational ability and computers themselves
our comprehension of physical space and possibly our concept of time.

>Leeches useful
Interesting

"dark matter" in the next 20 years
mark my words

Mark'd

Race is a social construct

Literally no scientist says we have 5 senses, we have proprioception for one.

SW nerd detected

real numbers

It does hold true, but there is definitely an opposing aspect not yet realised, like why things grow. The opposite of entropy. I think this is where the concept of emergence is trying to approach.
I also think our current approach to gravity is wrong too, and the answer is probably emergent too.

The entropy of an ENTIRE contained system always increases. There are no exceptions to this. Earth recieves energy from the sun and uses that energy(which increases entropy) to create localized entropy dips. Entropy of the entire system still goes up unless a process has over 100% efficiency, which is impossible. If you can name one instance of an entire contained system losing entropy(without logical fallacies and in a way that cannot be explained as overall entropy gain) i will eat my shoes on live stream.

But how does the first law of thermodynamics relate to this dilemma?

says the tripfag

quantum vacuum? zero point? the universe can't die?

1+1=2

The Donald Trump presidency will be laughed at

quantum mechanics
dark energy
dark matter
virtual particles
quarks
higher dimensions
mass and energy equivalence

Back to Tumblr

T. Soy goy

idk if in the year 3000.
but isn't the law of conservation of energy only made up?
it was never proven. it only failed too often and destructed too many existances to let it happen again.
i still think, perpetuum mobiles might be possible to be built.

Darwinism

don't forget dark matter.

some are better than others on different things.
this is the great benefit of diversity.
diversity is destroyed if all is mixed up.

it all depends on the system of measurement.
1+1