45 minutes to decide if I want to drop Calculus 1 or not and receive a refund/not get a W

>45 minutes to decide if I want to drop Calculus 1 or not and receive a refund/not get a W

I feel like too much of a brainlet. Already having a hard time in the first week. Is it all functions and graphing? Would it be a bad idea to drop it and retake it over the summer after refreshing myself with Khan Academy or something?

I don't remember any of this shit.

You could do neither and just kill yourself so that you cannot pollute the gene pool with your brainletness.

no

I really hate grade systems with withdrawal deadlines. It make no fucking sense why dropping a class a few weeks before finals is better for your GPA.

I like the system WPI had when I was looking at schools (not sure if they still use it). Any classes you dropped or failed were "no record". Taking a class and failing it doesn't make you dumber.

I have the first week of classes to decide at my school

It sucks cause I don't get to really delve into the info to know if I have a good grasp

What are you having trouble with? All you're doing is finding the rate of change of the output of a function depending on the input.

My precalc skills are just horrible. I've never had a strong foundation in that.

I really liked the class I had and the students I was with, but just to be safe I dropped the course. I'm going to spend this semester reviewing Khan Academy vids on precalc and trig then take Calc over the summer with my friend. I feel like going with a buddy might help make sure I properly understand the material.

exactly how I was in gen. chem.

shit made me wanna commit sewersid

>have zero issue with calc-linear algebra
>fail gen chem 1 twice

Fucks sake I hated that class

>calc 1
>posting in Veeky Forums

this is brainlet bait for brainlets

Shouldve just got a reference book and used it as needed. Dropping low level classes should be avoided. If I were you, id take it over the summer then

Whats your major?

got a 98 in Calc 2.
Got a 91 in Physics 2
got a 93 in linear algebra
got a fucking 74 in Gen. Chem

tfw chemistry was my favorite subject

The fuck did you do in Gen Chem 1?
My class was stoichiometry, gases, atomic structure and periodicity, bonding and structure (VSEPR, MO, VBT) and intermolecular forces.

Anyone terrible at programming, but a CS major?
I’m in my third year here at UCI. Almost done. We take a year of python, then 1 quarter of c++ and then our data structures class is in c++.
I failed the c++ class once. Got an A- when I re took. Last quarter I failed the data structures class. It’s not that I try and still fail. I just get frustrated as fuck with the programming assignments and give up easily. So I’ll do nothing for the rest of the quarter for the class.

I’ve gotten nothing lower than a B in any class(except the ones I failed). I have a 3.5+ GPA. All As and Bs in other CS courses. I just hate programming, specifically in C++.

Why choose CS if you don't enjoy it?

I enjoy CS, just not programming all the time

what part of CS do you enjoy? you said you failed data structures

Idk if you took discrete maths or any intensive graph theory class like cloud architecture but you might find that more fun, user.

OP, its just plugging values into limits, its really not that hard you brainlet.

Oh please great one. How do I do Calc 2? Please give me all of your information