Goddamn japs

>in this thread: the japs are at it again

the japs are at it again

japs.

>japs

It's okay when japan does it.

I mean they can get away with it because of their chicken raising and sanitation practices.

>lad bible
Do you believe everything on buzzfeed as well?

Old news. I hate the taste and texture but it is safe in theory.

Pork was considered safe to eat medium-rare in the US recently but for all I know it has been changed. I have no images to contribute other than some dagwood.

>Pork was considered safe to eat medium-rare in the US recently
It's been considered safe to eat at those temperatures for decades. We've known since the 1920's that even "medium rare" is hot enough to kill the parasite that causes trichinosis. But it takes a long time for knowledge to spread.

As for chicken, Modernist Cuisine has a fascinating discussion of this. It turns out that all meats/poultry are equally hospitable for bacteria, and there is no more or less risk eating rare chicken compared to rare beef. However, there is a big cultural difference. Most cultures enjoy the taste of rare or "undercooked" beef whereas rare chicken isn't exactly pleasant (to most). I've had it, it didn't make me sick, but it wasn't very appealing either.

It turns out that an awful lot of food safety rules (and outright laws) are based more on old wive's tales or traditions than they are based on scientific fact. I highly recommend that anyone interested in that subject read the section in MC on food safety science & laws. Fascinating stuff.

- they raise and slaughter the chicken differently.
- they have a more active salmonella treatment, also because they often eat raw eggs
- they only use the breast
- sometimes they cook the outside

but you could still end up getting sick.

eg: I eat raw beef on a weekly basis( from belgium)
the germans have a 'Mett' sandwich, which is is raw pork.

2 nukes weren't enough

Raw chicken is only dangerous because of the way chicken is raised for mass consumption in western countries, they literally wallow in their own shit and they're sprayed with bleach solution to kill bacteria during the butchery step.

Raw chicken seems kinda tasteless, it's a meat that I would frankly enjoy better cooked to not merit it being served raw.

I do enjoy me some raw liver though. The taste and texture are better uncooked than cooked, imo. When I do cook it, it's mostly to impart other flavors like caramelized onion and bacon. Even then I leave the center undercooked just to enjoy the taste.

which is why the reactor meltdown happened

North Korea will nuke Japan and wipe out all the Hoikado mongs.
Drumpff will nuke North Korea in retaliation.
It's a win win situation, no more animus and less nips/gooks.

Wifey material thread?

>implying the norks will nuke anybody
Kimmy isn't going to give up his precious throne that easily.

what kind of mouthbreathing retard not only uses winshit 10 but also pays for shit quality streaming video and on top of that is too stupid to take a proper screenshot?

The radiation is what kills the bacteria.

North Korea is a lap-dog anyways. China and Russia wouldn't risk them doing something stupid and would bomb the shit out of them rather than deal with WW3 or them irradiating the ocean nearby.

Probably the same lazy and drunk asshole who forgot to crop things?

No, it's okay when people who eat breeds that are safe to eat raw do it.

That reminded of my time there and when I ate whale sashimi. It's so fucking delicious.

i love how this thread turned into a bunch of morons pretending they understand dynamic world diplomacy

so I work in a pizzaria and we serve chicken wings

first we coat them in butter-flavored vegetable and adobo seasoning, then we bake them, then we fry them

some people don't think twice about grabbing the bottles of oil and seasoning after touching the raw chicken, using the bottles, and putting them right back

they're pretty fast at prepping I guess but I feel really bad about working there sometimes... am I being dramatic? or is it a big deal?

butter-flavored vegetable oil is what I meant

i've had raw horse and raw whale in japan.

It's not a big deal at all.

I'm wasting so much time with this stupid sanitizing rag fuck I could be prepping twice as fast

It's not a big deal until there's one, more severe, case of food poisoning or infection, then you're getting shutdown for a bit, if the bottle's are only used pre cooking it should be fine

of course you should always wash your hands after touching any raw meat, but most of the time there's no harm that could come from it

I eat undercooked chicken all the time at family bar bee queues and I fucking hate it.

idk, I mean the oil bottle is used all day for various things and gets put on the shelf next to all the other wing sauces

the seasoning is just used for that and gets put on the shelf next to other seasonings

GODDAMN FILTHY DIRTY JAPS

2 NUKES

>mock japs instead of question why your own infrastructure doesn't produce meat so hygenic that you can eat it raw

This was the closest thing I could find to raw chicken when I went. It wasn't bad. Tasted the same as cooked chicken, a little milder, maybe.

Also had raw chicken liver which was absolutely disgusting in taste and texture.

>closest thing i could find to raw chicken
>was raw chicken
moron alert

Raw horse too. It was whatever. Tasted like beef but a little milder and chewier. Thanks for reading my blog. Please like and subscribe.

don't see the problem here, only third world clown countries where you can't eat raw chicken and pork without getting sick.

>don't see the problem here
That's because you are rational.

Can you imagine the cringe that some picky tendiehead gets seeing this thread?

Do you have a patreon?

I'm working on a kickstarter to start a patreon. Stay tuned, friendo.

>Most cultures enjoy the taste of rare or "undercooked" beef
Stop right there you indoor shoes wearing dirty butt barbarian!

>It's been considered safe to eat at those temperatures for decades. We've known since the 1920's that even "medium rare" is hot enough to kill the parasite that causes trichinosis. But it takes a long time for knowledge to spread.

it's a function of both temperature and time

the guideline temps are designed for cooks to 'hit' them rather than 'hold' them for a specified length of time. it's effectively a high heat pasteurisation method.

2 wasn't enough

>it's a function of both temperature and time
Yes, of course.
The point I was making that "medium rare" kills the parasite within several seconds. (I can't recall the exact number--it's around 10 or 15 seconds or so). So even if the cook probes the meat and pulls it off the heat the exact instant he "hits" medium rare the food will be safe because it will be more than 10-15 seconds before it gets to the customer anyway.

If you took the effort to hold the food at a precise temp then you could even get away with serving it "rare" and still be safe but I was limiting my comment to what's practical to "hit and serve".

>people eating raw fish
>nobody bats an eye

>people eating raw meat
>nobody bats an eye

>people eating raw chicken
>suddenly people act as if its the end of the world and go apeshit about it

i dont understand.

maybe that kills the parasite but you do need longer to minimise bacteria

because they think chicken is basically deadly until it's fully cooked.

i remember biting into an undercooked turkey dinosaur at my friend's house and i genuinely thought his mum must have intended to kill me

enjoy your salmonella.
seriously, it's more healthy to eat live rats than raw chicken