Why does Veeky Forums look down on computer science as a field?

why does Veeky Forums look down on computer science as a field?

Because sci is nothing but teenagers larping as mathematicians

>why does Veeky Forums look down on computer science as a field?
Because it's not science or math.

I want to marry a cute anime girl!

what is the scientific explanation for this phenomenon?

Its boring and leads to a miserable life with a slighty higher pay

people tends to be agressive towards thngs they cannot understand

hehe

It 100% is math though

This is known as trisomy 21.

It's mostly just a long running meme to my understanding, people hate it because everyone else here hates it

Because there are a lot of math majors on Veeky Forums and most feel C$ is either brainlets in it for the money or applied math which comes easy to them.

what's wrong with going into something for the money?

Nothing really. I think some people just feel it's hedonistic and not for the greater good.

CS as a field is amazing. But CS undergrads are cancer.

Most anime writers and mangakka are men, and men know how to write appealing female characters.

If you were a girl and read shoujo manga (typically written by women) your pussy would squirt gallons to those pretty bois.

Which is wierd. If it makes money, it must have some economic benefit. Unlike much of physics/math, which have largely no practical applications.

Seems more hedonistic to be a theoretical physicist, for example.

It's one of the only fields which is, by its nature, both. A lot of sciences use math, but computer science is math.

because 9/10 CS majors neglect formal methods

Nothing, I considered my education and investment (as in an actual investment, not the "invest in yourself xD" nonsense). I am by nature a finance guy. After highschool I looked up average wages for different fields and their distribution. I made a risk-assessment of starting my own company which I deemed too high of a risk compared to other options. Then I leveled out stress of not having money vs doing a particular job a bit more than another. And came to a final direction I planned to take.

If you stay away from things you truly hate and enjoy learning new things, you can just pick something and learn about it until you feel like it's part of your personality. Because at some point it just does..

Should I read shoujo and try to emulate the homoboyz to become the ultimate seducer?

Maybe, maybe not. Long time ago a female friend of mine got me into Shoujo so consider me an expert. The homobois are only attractive to 15 year old japanese (or weeaboonized) girls. These are the same girls you see fingering themselves to k-pop stars. And this is the problem. Do you want to go to jail? Because that's where you are going if you try to tap that 12 year old pussy.

However, there may be a chance for you: autism. Autistic women never grow up beyond their 15 year old mentality, so they will still be into that shit.

That said, you should still read shoujo manga regardless because there are some batshit insane ideas that have been used to create romantic situations that you simply don't see anywhere else. And I love the shoujo aesthetic. The way female mangakka emphasize emotions with their panel composition and special effects is 10/10.

lol

I see. In that case I'll just continue emulating Jojo characters.

Prove it isn't.

CS isn't even applied math

I don't know why you saying its not applied math triggered me more than the other guy sayings its not math, I mean like what the fuck do you think applied math is. Clearly CS overlaps with both pure and applied math

What part of cs is applied

Yeah, that's what I do too.

>Prove it isn't.
The burden of proof is on you.

You too