Are there any books where the main character is similar to Karl Pilkington? If not, there should be

Are there any books where the main character is similar to Karl Pilkington? If not, there should be.

every female YA dystopia protagonist

The post office

Unironically this.

I was thinking something that's more self-aware and intentionally comedic, rather than just badly written.

>self-aware and intentionally comedic

he's from salford, people like Karl live everywhere in the North West, fuck my mum is basically a female Karl, she agrees with everything he says

I'm saying the author should be self-aware, not the character.

>It's an "Everyone who isn't from Northern England thinks this moronic wanker is something special" episode.

His "character" is not even genuine, either. He's acting, probably stole the shtick from other Northerners who actually are like that, though. I've met a few. Karl has broke character numerous times, even on air.

People are just gullible retards. I bet you believe Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are really nice guys too, don't you?

A Confederacy of Dunces

It doesn't really matter whether he's the real deal. He's still entertaining.

>Karl has broke character numerous times, even on air.

Examples?

>He thinks I give a fuck enough to comb through literally thousands of hours of audio for free
I don't think so idiot

He admitted that a few Monkey News episodes were out of line and there's one or two early episodes where he laughs. I personally think he's genuine but started playing it up a bit on Idiot Abroad.

>He's still entertaining.
Yes, if you have an IQ sub 80

He's not genuine at all.

You really don't have any good reason to be this hostile. It's too transparent.

I was just thinking that if he clearly broke character at some point, then it'd be easy to look up, as it would attract enough attention to be noteworthy.

Catcher in the Rye

DICKERZ

The New Testament

Jason in Apollonius' Argonautica

This. You can tell sometimes, in his most recent "An Idiot Abroad's" and that...Life show thing he did, he puts it on a little but in the original podcasts and the first season of An Idiot Abroad, he's 100% genuine.

I mean, his face when he's in India the entire time is just wtf

His own books probably.

> all these people here complaining that he emphasizes things for comedic effect boohoo he's acting it's not real

Fuck off, nobody cares. I bet you guys shat yourselves when you realised that Ian McKellen wasn't a fucking wizard too, you cunts. People play characters for entertainment, what else is new.

I've never seen Karl break character except in facial expressions that sort of give it away but duh he's playing a character why is this a surprise and why do you care? He's still just saying the first thing that comes to his head even if he knows it's wrong, that's quite impressive. It rarely if ever seems forced.

Overrated.

t. The dickmeister general.

North or South Veeky Forums?

>Hostile
>Idiot
A little too sensitive for such a website no?

Tyrone Slothrop?

Seriously. Even when I was a YA, I couldn't finish the last Hunger Games book because Katniss literally complained at everything in every moment, and she destroyed my every patience. Karl isn't as bad as she was, but he's pretty close, though for different reasons.

Ugh

People who think that people as thick as Karl don't exist probably underestimate how stupid the English underclass is. Around a third of people here believe in ghosts.

>when you realised that Ian McKellen wasn't a fucking wizard
WOT

The Trial by Kafka

there's a video of Karl talking to some varied figures about what it means to be smart, and there's a segment where Will Self invites Karl to his library and then proceeds to berate him for his ignorance while Karl nods along, thought it was quite kafkaesque

Pilkington conspiracy theorists are genuinely worse than flat earthers.

Obviously he plays up the act, this is especially evident in the podcasts.
But he's definitely genuine, I mean why the fuck do you think he's gone completely off the grid now? Because he's made enough money to be done with the entertainment industry.
If he was truly a "character" he wouldn't have stopped.

He's clearly very bright and has a great sense for comedy. It's an act.

Karl Pilkington is an act in the sense that he's caricaturing himself. But that's really it. He's the real deal.

The reason he's gone off the grid is exactly the opposite. He doesn't want to pretend to be a loveable idiot people are used to, etc. You're a gullible moron.

Nah, his character is an amalgamation of a stereotypical "northern monkey", he's just smart enough to incorporate it within a comedy/radio environment.

He's about as genuine as any other comedian who took on a role that became them, in a way, because people assumed that's how they were in reality.
There are numerous examples of this within the entertainment industry.

There's a reason drama is symbolically known by the trio of masks. I'd be surprised if there was a full-time actor who wasn't delusional to a degree more than you're average person. But if a character incorporates you, that doesn't make sense. Ergo he is Karl Pilkington in the sense that you are your best impression.

Karl was always a div, and his early XFM appearances were genuine. The longer it went on the more he realized that being a div was his job, so he played it up a lot. He went from trying his hardest to cite sources for his ridiculous stories to completely giving up and just making them funny.