What does Veeky Forums think of raw egg on rice?

What does Veeky Forums think of raw egg on rice?

Decide to tried pic-related but with Onsen Egg(slightly cooked) instead. Shit was better than I expect. I don't think I can enjoy raw though, too slimy.

I didnt really like it when i tried it, but I think with a legitimately fresh, organic egg, sticky rice, and sesame oil it could be pretty good

Why not just fry the egg a little so white is set and yolk is runny ?
Would taste much better to me.

>white rice
No Thanks.

inb4 autistic American's ruin the whole thread with their retardation.

>having a problem with basmati rice.
Do you even cook food?

I have a problem with tasteless, nutritionally deficient paki rice.

>American's
>possessive form
no u

You're supposed to stir it so the egg coats the hot rice and cooks slightly, taking on a velvety texture.

6/10 it's OK.

I eat it. It's called tomago. Would recommend with some soy sauce, a bit of siracha, green onions & sesame seeds.

It's not bad when the rice is fresh and extremely hot. You beat the egg in the rice and it cooks it.

My co-worker owns farmland with chickens and even with fresh, day old eggs it tastes meh.

Looks uncivilized.

Tried it twice and it gave me the shits.
Fresh eggs tho.

Sesame oil is so damn powerful though. I swear it's like a single drop changes the flavor of an entire dish if you stir it in.

Like, rice carbonara?

>but he didn't say anything about cream and onion

You're probably using toasted sesame oil. Regular sesame oil has a lighter flavor.

>cream
>Carbonara
Get fucked redditfag

> not saying anything about onion
wew lad

try it with just the yolk, same flavor but not slimy at all

it's not slimy at all if you mix it properly while the rice is still hot
I use big eggs too (from my friend's coop) and the texture is always fine, not slimy or runny.

>u

Have you ever tried raw egg? if not than why do you think your way would taste better?

HAHAHAHA HE DOES THE BROWN RICE MEME

WHAT A RETARD

uhh how is brown rice any better nutritionally than white rice? It has a tiny bit more fiber, like barely any.

It tastes way shittier, other than that its the same as white rice

Lurk forever.

No, fuck you! I want my posts seen!

>HAHAHAHA
Fuck off back to Facebook.

Brown rice tastes way better. I often have chicken and brown rice for lunch- as long as the chicken is moist you don't need anything else. White rice tastes like nothing and has a worse texture, it's just padding to dump shit on.

brown rice tastes like ass. It was the first diet meme back in the day so people still swear by it but it's shit. I'd rather black rice

I don't eat brown for dietary reasons. To me white rice just tastes like water and it's usually too mushy. Brown still retains a little bite.

The process is called tempering, it's also done in crème brulé

t. faggot baby raised on bleached rice and can't stomach actual rice

I EATU WAR EGGU WIT MY RICEU I AMU SO CULTUREDU CHING CHONG

i'd do it if i lived in one of those asian cultures where my rice cooker was easy to set for the mornings making rice is a bit too much effort and i doubt it works with leftover rice from the day before

>White rice tastes like nothing and has a worse texture
Agreed, I like how the texture of properly cooked brown rice can have a pop to the grains as you chew them in a similar way to peas or fish eggs.

Its a lot better if you add a bit of soy sauce

I do it from time to time, easy and quick meal. Fairly tasty also if you use stock instead of water for the rice.

plate it and throw the bowl in a steamer for a couple minutes and I'd eat it. Not a fan of raw egg

add less water when you cook it?

It was awful. I should have dumped the contents of the bowl into a nice and hot pan so it'd be good, but I just threw it away.

I prefer poached, the heat from the rice doesn't cook the egg enough to my liking. Raw yolk is one thing, raw albumen is like snot.

>Brown rice tastes way better.

No, it always has that taste. White rice is only nice if you're making a specific dish and use stock or something instead of just water.

Tamako no Gohan is godsent. Just mix an egg yolk and some soy sauce over steamed japanese rice. It's a fantastic breakfast.

it has to be hot, fresh rice straight from the cooker and an almost farm fresh egg.

if the rice isn't hot or freshly cooked enough, it won't be able to do that thing where it slightly cooks the egg as you stir it, blending its flavors into each grain of rice and solidifying itself onto the starch as its proteins denature.

if the egg isn't fresh enough you get salmonella