So I adapted the classic Butter Chicken recipe, made a few changes to make it healthier...

>So I adapted the classic Butter Chicken recipe, made a few changes to make it healthier, threw everything in the crockpot and prayed. Prayed that this (way too easy, most likely would never work) meal actually tasted somewhat edible.

>Sometimes when I experiment things can turn out just plain bad. Like all the recipes I made this past weekend. Ugh…so disappointing. Let’s just not go there. But sometimes…

Other urls found in this thread:

halfbakedharvest.com/easy-healthier-crockpot-butter-chicken/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How was it bad? It's chicken with a buttery tomato sauce. What could go wrong?

Who are you quoting?

chicken is too delicate of a meat to use in the slow cooker
next time make a lean beef dish

your mom

What is chicken tikka masala.

>My cousin Maggie graduated from college with a teaching degree in May, and in August she started teaching full-time. Yeah, only three months later she landed her first teaching job and it’s full-time, with her very own kindergarten classroom! I know, right? The girl is pretty awesome and one of the hardest workers I know.

Fuck off back to your weeaboo containment board.

>chicken is too delicate of a meat to use in the slow cooker
lol what rubbish. Cook it on the bone.

>having to pray that your food ends up tasting good

even if you make a shitty inauthentic butter chicken you should be able to make it taste good. brown the chicken, don't overcook it, season it properly and adjust the texture and acid balance of the sauce at the end. that's ALL YOU NEED TO DO.

Your mistake was trying to make butter chicken taste good.

>I went to a woman's personal cooking blog and got upset that she talks about things I find insignificant

how could this have happened

so many precious seconds that Marco Pierre White over here will never get back

it's a figure of speech, she is not literally praying

>it's a figure of speech, she is not literally praying

are you a retard

let's try that again, it's a mildly self-effacing joke and not a statement that she leaves her cooking to guesswork

did you get it this time, fucktard

it's a self-effacing joke that reveals she doesn't understand how to salvage a recipe.

Here's the cooking blog this came from:

halfbakedharvest.com/easy-healthier-crockpot-butter-chicken/

But she did eventually make it work through trial and error. Why else would she have posted a recipe in the first place? How else are you supposed to learn how to cook? Or do you mean to tell me that you were born holding a Cordon Bleu certificate?

The lack of humility on this board is infuriating sometimes.

>halfbakedharvest.com/easy-healthier-crockpot-butter-chicken/

so i obviously didn't read this blog post and see that it turned out good, but

>Sometimes when I experiment things can turn out just plain bad. Like all the recipes I made this past weekend. Ugh…so disappointing. Let’s just not go there. But sometimes…
>Yeah, sometimes I get lucky. I knew three hours in that the recipe was gonna be good.

i think my point has been vindicated.

Yet she's the one who successfully made 'butter chicken' by starting completely from scratch, made a detailed and consistent recipe, and is teaching people how to do it. You're the one bitterly posting about how you could do better.

Again, learn some humility. You're not the only one who can figure out how to cook well.

you're the one bringing me into this. i'm applying what i've learned about competent cookery to the quoted passage. throwing shit in a crock pot and praying that it's good is well below the standard you should expect of someone who blogs their food.

Do you honestly have this much of a problem with reading comprehension, not to mention admitting you're wrong? Look at the end recipe; it's clear to even a rank amateur that this was the product of experiments above the standard of college-tier cooking that clogs up this board. Even her initial attempt was based on a classic recipe, so where are your accusations of careless cooking coming from?
And why are you so adamant that you're the only one smart enough to grasp the basics when she clearly mentions her usual practice of browning the meat before stewing it?

She wanted to adapt a classic recipe for crockpot cookers, and she succeeded through hard work and creativity. If you think that's not good enough for you, start a blog and make some recipes of your own. Show us how it's done.

>criticise woman for writing something that is either annoyingly self-deprecating or indicative of ineptness
>WHAT MAKES YOU SO GREAT HUH! SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT. SHE SHOWED HARD WORK AND CREATIVITY BY MAKING A FUCKING CURRY IN A CROCK POT. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY COMPETENT CHEF IN THE WORLD

jesus christ user, you must be two girlfriends into your twenties and feeling enlightened as fuck

>this many strawmen
>this much ad hominem

That guy started it by implying his quick-fixes were somehow enough to address the difficulties of completely rewriting a recipe to the point of making an original creation. I'm just saying that he should be considerate of that, and the fact that the cook in question has features in countless cooking and lifestyle magazines and a lifetime of experience; hardly an 'amateur' by any standard.

And if he simply didn't want to read about someone fretting over a crockpot, then he shouldn't have engaged with me on this debate about her competency. You reap what you sow.

It looks good, but I have to wonder why you'd use chicken breast instead of thighs? Thighs are so much more tasty, and would suit being slow cooked.

>That guy started it by implying his quick-fixes were somehow enough to address the difficulties of completely rewriting a recipe to the point of making an original creation

jesus christ could you be shilling for this broad any harder?

nothing you have said even touches the criticism i made in the first place. it's got nothing to do with it. if you think i'm being too harsh, just say that. i just find her style annoying: superfluous, obstructive goofiness that makes her sound like a dumbass. the fact that she has had some success doesn't make her unassailable.

And there you go, you just admitted that the real issue was that you simply didn't like her writing style. If that was the case, why didn't YOU just say that, instead of insinuating that she was a lousy cook who didn't know what she was doing, assuming you're the same person who wrote and ?

the way she wrote is indicative of being a lousy cook. if i am to take your suggestion that she's merely being self-deprecating, then stylistically that's annoying and it misleads the reader.

the recipe itself is a compromised ersatz slop made with health and convenience in mind. i would happily eat it and wouldn't judge the person who made it on face value, but it's pretty interchangeable with a million other western interpretations of curry and missing all the details that single a good one out.

Then I'm glad we sussed out that you don't like her on general principle. Food blogs are generally written with this fluffy, informal style (they're personal blogs, after all), so just stick to recipe sites if it bothers you that much. Allrecipes is my personal favourite.

What a trash heap of a thread, thanks OP
It's actually pretty entertaining

>Then I'm glad we sussed out that you don't like her on general principle.

i don't like her because she has a shitty style. what i didn't know, before you linked to it, was that the post as a whole is shit for reasons beyond the quoted passage.

>o just stick to recipe sites if it bothers you that much

no, i'll stick to food blogs that do a style i like. you know that's possible, right? there are in fact food blogs that are inventive, concise, and interesting. there are food bloggers who do not double space everything and insert photographs every two lines of text which look the exact same as each other. there are food bloggers who credit the original recipe and explain their modifications.

i mean i could go on, but all this goes to say that just because you want to defend her it does not mean you can. she is not a good example of a food blogger, in my opinion.

I wasn't even thinking of her when I wrote that, I was just curious about what cooking sites you liked. Do you have any recommendations of your own, if you would be so kind?