Less oil

>calls us dumb
>can't perform a simple task like making hash browns without fucking up

this

this

It's not my fault I'm to intellegent for hash browns, help me out lads

these

these

Yesterday day night I flipped a whole panful after letting it fry in olive oil on medium heat for about 15 minutes on a side
Yes op does seem a bit crude we should still help the lil guy out

What kind of pan are you using?

Yesterday day night I flipped a whole panful after letting it fry in olive oil on medium heat for about 15 minutes on a side
Yes op does seem a bit crude we should still help the lil guy out

season your pan, faggot

1. Drain as much liquid as possible from your potatoes after you shred them.
2. Allow the potatoes to come up to room temp before cooking.
3. Use a pan that will retain heat well, like cast iron or carbon steel.
4. Use medium to medium high heat, based on your stove. You'll have to figure that out, dude.
5. Bring your pan up to temp before adding oil. Use the water drop test.
6. Add your oil, using enough to coat the entire bottom of the pan, and bring it up to it's smoke point.
7. When the oil is just barely starting to smoke, add your potatoes.
8. Don't fucking touch them until you see them start to pull away from the sides a little bit. Check for color, and when colored, slap a plate over the pan, or a cutting board, and use it to help flip your hash browns over. Add oil, if needed, and bring the pan back up to temp before you put the uncooked side in.

That's the tard' version, dude. If you can't do that, then you're just not meant to cook hash browns.

Don't season your pan

Use a nonstick pan

Why do my nonstick pans stick. Is it because theyre cheap

i go to my local McForme and get perfect hashbrowns everytime

1. Leave as much liquid as possible in your potatoes after you shred them.
2. Cool the potatoes to below room temp before cooking.
3. Use a pan that will not retain heat well, like aluminum.
4. Use high to very high heat, based on your stove. You'll have to figure that out, dude.
5. Don't bring your pan up to temp before adding oil. Don't use the water drop test.
6. Add your oil, without using enough to coat the entire bottom of the pan, and don't bring it up to it's smoke point.
7. When the oil is still cold, add your potatoes.
8. Fucking touch them before you see them start to pull away from the sides a little bit. Check for color, and when colored, don't slap a plate over the pan, or a cutting board, just use a fork to flip them over. Don't add oil and don't bring the pan back up to temp before you put the uncooked side in.
That's the tard' version, dude. If you can't do that, then you're just not meant to cook hash browns.

Nonstick pans are all cheap.

then what the fuck...

Well seasoned cast iron. Bring it up to heat, unzip your pants and put your penis directly on it. Guaranteed never sticks.

use a stainless pan. when they are browned use a turner to separate the potatoes from the pan then flip the whole thing in the air

This, I've done quick seasonings on a stainless steel pan and made pancakes with no problems.

>Leave as much liquid as possible in your potatoes after you shred them.
Does Veeky Forums like limp, soggy hashbrowns?

>Add your oil, without using enough to coat the entire bottom of the pan
I thought we were trying to NOT cause the hashbrowns to stick to the pan?

>When the oil is still cold, add your potatoes.
Only if you like soggy, oily hashbrowns instead of crisp, light hashbrowns.

>when colored, don't slap a plate over the pan, or a cutting board, just ... flip them over
Best bit of advice in that post.

> Don't add oil and don't bring the pan back up to temp before you put the uncooked side in.
Why, do you want your hashbrowns to be perfect on one side and half-raw, half-burnt on the other and stuck to the pan?

Is this some kind of post ironic irony?

nonstick. some days it sticks to the bottom, others it comes out perfectly
This post is actually quite helpful despite its sarcasm, thank you
what kinda fat you using in there?
c'mon man

olive oil most likely

just now realized these are not the same post

Use cast iron and grease with butter.

I don't shred my potatoes they come preshredded in a bag

those

Use more oil.

Use no oil, potatoes have natural oils in them that will keep them from sticking to the pan.

Use no potatoes, oils have natural potatoes in them that will keep them from sticking to the pan.

let me guess. you're with her?

no oil

more hash
less brown

super high heat
no oil

low heat
lots of oil

I literally did not even read the negatives in that post until you pointed them out.

oh shit they'res two posts

This entire thread is the entire reason I even come to this shitty palce anymore. I love you Veeky Forums please keep being this way.

Butter or oil.

>:(