What is the evolutionary purpose of gender dysphoria?

What is the evolutionary purpose of gender dysphoria?

Other urls found in this thread:

avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it doesn't exist genetically, it's a meme (in the dawkins sense not like the internet slang)
it doesn't have a purpose other than replicating

>it's a meme (in the dawkins sense not like the internet slang)
?

Its a defect, there is no purpose

Mental illnesses don't have an evolutionary purpose. If it did, it'd be closer to 10% of the population, like homosexuality, and not a microscopic 0.58%. Transgender people do not greatly benefit (or harm) their family or society by being transgender, and they don't reproduce in most cases. There is no evolutionary incentive. Mutations don't need an incentive to exist, especially when it comes to something as fragile and complex as the human brain.

>it doesn't have a purpose other than replicating
That also applies to genes, so I'm not sure why you'd inject that bit of autism into the discussion.

An idea that gets passed on socially. The internet "slang" is the Dawkin's term though.

A method of shunting ppl off the breeding track when the population is too high.
As such it allows for better investing in the next gen.

More precisely, it's a self replicating idea.

The slang on other sites is of image macros - which may be a type of meme, but it's definitely not exhaustive.

>implying gender dysphoria has an evolutionary purpose
L0Lno fgt pls

transcending the biological

trannies are just the first step towards the evolution to a pure energy consciousness

social roles needed to be filled becuase of the large disparity of males to females in the community. Maybe a need to survive and get out of war/battle or possibly a curiosity of war and battle.

either that or its tied to some religious beliefs

possibly mate selection- a weak male knows he has no chance of getting at the top pick of ladies, so he infiltrates the group to get close to them. Takes the dick in his ass.
But eventually get a choice women who loves his kink.

to be fair OP, if you are the one posting "what is the evolutionary purpose of X (usually some sort of psych disorder)"

then you should know that a lot of these disorders didn't really come about until the industrial age. and before then insanity was seen as some sort of "spiritual affliction" which they were then removed or isolated from the community or brought under the guidance of a shaman.

So if you are asking the evolutionary significance of any of these things its most likely tied to spirituality and they persist today because of the old though of "not questioning the mechanization of the gods"

So in short these mental illnesses, evolutionary speaking are outliers because of their spiritual significance placed on them, or they are the product of the social evolution of humanity when they started gathering in cities and farmlands.

simple;
Create weak men in western civilization to further suppress the resistance against a zionist state.

>he takes Dawkins' mumbo jumbo seriously

this

>your biology just "knows" when there's too many people
>your biology will select for a trait that does not increase your chance of reproducing

This webm infuriates me but I don't know why.

Masturbate to it. Always takes the anger and the pain away, even if for brief a moment.

dont masturbate to it come on what are you retarded.
>masturbating to girls that laugh at you
before you know it you will be getting shame boners

Learn punctuation.

It shows up on brain scans even on people without hormone therapy

man mental illness really fucks you up

A male dog knows to mount a female dog and a female dog knows to allow a male dog to mount it.

This is essentially what scientists mean by gender identity, the innate, instinctive recognizing of your sex. Not to be confused with what modern progressives refer to as gender identity, which in actuality is referring to gender expression.

Gender dysphoria occurs when that innate instinct is hardwired incorrectly, usually around 1 in 2000 births (for comparison, intersex people are 1 in 3000 births). This is why it usually shows up in developing children as young as three. If a child expresses gender dysphoria at age 3+, and continues to express it up to puberty or beyond with therapy providing little benefit, gender transition is an effective treatment. Most trans people you see do not fit this definition however, and often have other reasons for transitioning. Either because they prefer feminine or masculine traits and believe they 'fit' better as the opposite sex, or they have some kind of complaint about gender roles and expectations of their birth sex (if I was a man people would take me serious, if I was a woman people would like me). These people often do not experience the desire to transition until well into adulthood, and are the ones who sometimes regret transitioning.

>Gender dysphoria occurs when that innate instinct is hardwired incorrectly,
Is there any proof of this?

avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm

the doctors are the one benefiting here

If a man wants to transition
Wouldnt it be easier and simpler to start a testosterone treatment ? To normalize ones sexuality ?

There is no correlation between gender dysphoria and testosterone levels, it can happen in males with low natural testosterone, or males with very high natural testosterone. What is known is that giving them testosterone will make their gender dysphoria far worse.

You're essentially suggesting that you treat cancer by injecting additional tumors in someone.

do you have any research about that|

Why do they take estrogen then ?

Read

Ah look ovah ea' we gottah expur'

>>your biology will select for a trait that does not increase your chance of reproducing

This can and does happen, and is totally consistent with natural selection. I'm not convinced that transgenderism is such a trait though.

There doesn't have to be a evolutionary purpose to every aspect of something that came about through evolution. What's the evolutionary purpose of you never getting laid?

It makes you better at speedrunning videogames