Economic degrees have more math than biology and physics combined

economic degrees have more math than biology and physics combined
I wasn't ready for this

>comparing social sciences to physics
You’re gonna trigger some people here boyo

>physics
what? biology yeah i know some people who study that and you're right but physics?

Here's your (you). Epic post my friend!

>physics?

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

?
more statistics that's for sure

Physics student here
Watch you mouth flanders

Does economics even get to operators?

More than physics? Suck on a tailpipe you dumb cuck.

>obvious baitpost
>Reddit still bumps it
Can we please just fucking shut down this board please for the love of God

Econometrics is pure bullshit that is intentionally complicated to look more "trustful", dont fall for the meme

>all the butthurt physics majors in this thread

Face it, statistics is purer and more difficult math than ODEs and PDEs, and that is the only difference in math between economics and physics. Both majors take the calculus series.

>implying economics is difficult
>implying you're not just a brainlet

>implying you know jack shit about economics

This I've done an economics class as an elective every year it is all statistics and high level math once you get past the first year (even the first year weeds out mathlets as it requires at least algrebra and an understanding of functions.)

By third year it's as math intensive as physics, although I wouldn't compare the two as one being more difficult they are completely different fields of study.

>weeds out mathlets
>because they need to know what a function is
Yeah dude I'm sure that keeps all the 6th grade brainlets out lmao

You'd be surprised how many 9th grade math-tier people make it into uni when they aren't taking a science major.

>6th grade
We don't learn Algebra until 8th grade in the US, 6th and 7th grade a pre-algebra.

>inb4 the absolute state of the USA

the ABSOLUTE state of US education

Well..Throw enough shit against a wall and something is bound to stick... for a while.

There is a lot of math in economics but none of it does anything.

So continue to measure those cast chicken bones with a laser and put the results in your Deep Data AI. Garbage in; Garbage out.

As math intensive as third year physics means basically no math at all. It's just using stuff you already learned or if you need new stuff just learn it yourself.

>Face it, statistics is purer and more difficult math

At my university a big part of physics students also did statistics. And no it's in no way more difficult math it's just a lot of dumb definitions to learn. ODE and PDE classes were the easiest for me. It's mostly using stuff you already learned before and solve real problems with it.

>it has more math than biology
so it has more than calc 1?

Econometrics is just babbytier stats

>6th and 7th are pre-algebra
Seriously? I took pre-algebra in 6th, algebra in 7th and geometry in 8th

>tfw my biology degree requires calc 3, 1 year of university physics, and math in molecular bio, and genetics, chemistry up to instrumental analysis

This, it's like when you don't want to pull the breathing tube but you know they're gone and will never get better

Most take it 9th

>Degree
When will undergraduate posting be a bannable offense?

then you get to be the king of ashes.

Just like a Chinquapin oak. I say let it burn if it will take a spark. suppressing fires disturbs disturbance regimes. This often permanently alters community structure and orientation, ending in cataclysm. Literally as in the disappearance of american oak Savannah and prairie or the disasters happening in California. Or metaphorically like the house of Saud repressing protests(with help from the USA-corporate complex, which does the same thing to it's jurisdiction in a subtle way)

Doctorates and masters are both degrees, genius.

i got a BA in economics only knowing calc 1

In my senior year on my game theory exam I ended up with a system of equations, 4 variables 4 unknowns and I couldn't solve it. (I usually would have been able to but I was tired and I didn't know linear algebra at the time)

I've since learned a ton more math and taught myself to program but I was a full blown brainlet at the time.

On the first day of my Intro to Micro class my professor showed us how to solve a system of two linear equations.

theatrical dance is a science

Look at the bright side, OP. At the end of the day, you will:

1) Make more money than biology and physics majors combined

2) Will have better mathematical ability than biology and physics majors combined

>a degree that is literally based on applying math to numbers is way harder than a degree about plants and animals

Except econometrics threads keep dying on Veeky Forums because you brainlets never understand them

>ask someone what their major is
>name of the major includes marketing, finance, accounting, systems, information, business, administration, or management

>that feeling when you know linear algebra and see the retard next to you using substitution to solve a system of equations of m=n>=3

Nothing greater

No they don't. While I was still doing theoretical CS degree I was living with an economy major. All you have to learn is to chunk numbers. As long as there are no proofs involved you can't say the math is demanding.

Why are statistics proffesors so retarded? I felt like i was in middle school again

>engineering doesn't require difficult math