What is the scientific understanding of this ailment?

What is the scientific understanding of this ailment?

Visiting Veeky Forums

It is emanating warmth and feels sore and wet

Pop it

I am a scientist, I always have been, but I can't diagnose this particular medical condition.

It’s called you got a big ass pimple and need to pop that shit ASAP.

Also post pics for science.

I tried to before it was this swollen it won't pop I think it's filled with blood and my body is processing it back into the muscle

Or it's that muscle fluid IDK man is there a doctor around I barely study this science and while I found some good articles I didn't find anything I could match pictures up with

It looks to be a cyst. I recommend drinking lots of water, lots of exercise, cutting back on smoking etc. and rubbing your achilles tendon daily. if it is bothering you, consult a doctor.

I put a hot wet towel on it and it started leaking

Load up on Vitamin D and C and sunlight while you're at it.

Looks like you have a cyst. If it's warm, it's probably infected. You should leave it alone for now and go to an urgent care clinic tomorrow.

mm tasty, get some isopropanol up in that bitch, the pain means it's working

I took an amoxicillin capsule because the internet told me to take antibiotics because it's an infection. It's intermittently draining as I apply pressure and the compress.

The pain doesn't mean it's working, the most painful angles didn't release any puss while tons was released in moderately painful positions. These are sorta abrasive towels

Try using a needle

it's call "fukken nasty"

No the pain means the isopropanol is working, you goof

I rubbed a bunch of epiduo into it last night but it didn't change much since I first pinched it and it started feeling wet

Dunno, the compress made it drain and it feels relieved, in particular cooled now, but folding my ear and poking at it hurt like " fuck no stop ow"

epiduo isn't strong enough, that shit is like 1.25% benzoyl peroxide, and one night isn't enough. You need a legit antiseptic and regular application.

YOURE GONNA GET JACKED MAN

I got some iso alcohol and some vodka so I grabbed a cotton ball and the ISO alcohol and I'm about to put that on the lesion

Put the vodka on there
I feel that would sting more
Which is good

How else can I treat this?

IDK about that the vodka is sweet, of the mango passionfruit variety. Too bad it's only 30% alcohol by volume

drink better vodka

This stings

It was fifteen USD for a liter so I'm alright with it. It tastes like juice over ice. Usually I flavor my vodka myself, whatever.

It's this skin condition that is upsetting me not the vodka.

It leaked a bunch of clear bodily fluid and then sealed up.

Look at my grossness

get out all the pus

I'm continuing to apply the antiseptic every few minutes while it's still intermittently expelling fluids. I don't wanna boil more water but I might to try a compress again. Hopefully these antibiotics will prevent this from getting any worse.

I'll take a multivitamin too that could vitamin my vitamin while I medicine myself

Why does puss show up in skin? What's with the body doing that? My skin is clean, I'm healthy, is there something I can do to prevent this from happening again?

How can I ensure these cells in this thing heal good and proper? I did everything I know this far.

I think pus is dead lymphocytes (white blood cells). So like your immune system was attacking whatever is in the cyst.

Why do cysts form? Why isn't my lymphocide potent enough to remove the cyst without expanding into this massive amount of puss bottlenecked by a pore? That's what this is rite?

You should give it a name, and it'll whisper secrets into your ear.
YOU MUST OBEY THE CYST!

SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION
SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION
SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION
SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION
SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION

Sebum or other debree build up in one or more of your pores. Coupled with the lack of or excess of washing behind the ears. Yes. Even soap can be bad in excess if it gets stuck in pores. Skin is a delicate organ.

cancer

you mean "fukken tasty"
I always gobble em up after popping em out

Uhm, I don't know what to tell you, user.
But that's bubonic plague!

Seconding this. Just go see a general health practitioner. They will be more than happy to slice and drain it for you. It looks like an infected sebaceous cyst and those more than likely don't go away on their own (they do but only after a long period of not fucking with it and it not becoming infected). The sack will remain and fill back up with sebum so it has to be removed.

The main reason you should go an see a doctor because they will surely test for staph. And the last thing you want is a staph infection going unnoticed right on the side of your fucking head. Ergo, seek proper medical help.

stop fucking playing around with the area. that's a start. the more you play with the area and abrade it, the more likely you are to damage surrounding hair follicles and risk getting those infected with the pus and discharge from this, which is probably a sebaceous cyst. as other people have said, go to your doctor. you shouldn't be popping this shit on your own, and you'll probably need something with more anti-bacterial properties than rubbing alcohol.

don't pop it op that's your brain

POP IT, NIQQA!!!!

Go to the god damn doctor.

Are you a fuckin brainlet? Don't take antibiotics without medical prescription, and if you took it, just don't cut it off, you can't just take one amoxicillin capsule, you must follow a treatment, antibiotics aren't a painkiller.

I woke up and having forgotten about it rolled over. My pillow ended up covered in puss, a lot discharged this time there are a bunch of large splatter marks.

It didn't hurt, but it is gross as fuck and smells really bad. I tried licking it like user said and it tastes horrid jk I wouldn't do that.

I have to go to work I don't think I'll be able to see a doctor.

It looks like a cyst. I had one like that but it looks like you have been fucking with it too much.
Buy some tea tree oil at a health food store or a pharmacy.
Soak a piece of cotton with the oil.
Place it over the cyst and hold it in place with a bandaid overnight.
Repeat on consecutive nights until it is gone.

The swelling went down a bunch because that happened

maybe some wild meat?

You never had a pimple?
Pop it and be free.

Looks like a keloid scar, I know someone who had one as a result of a piercing. You can't pop it you need to have it surgically removed and its considered cosmetic since it doesn't actually harm you. Quick slice and some steroids will probably fix it but they have a tendency to come back depending on genetics.

cut your nails pig

MRSA my dude. At least some sort of staph. I used to get them a lot when I lived in filthy ass Los Angeles.

Im trying to post a picture but its not working just search keloid scar

Me again. I used to go to the doctor to have them lanced, but I got them so frequently I just started lancing them myself at home with a needle or pocket knife. Obviously not the best solution, but I always sterilized my tools before and after. The tricky thing is being able to drain it completely. There's usually a bunch of liquid pus and then a semi-solid kind of like "brain" part of the abscess that's usually attached to some tissue within the wound. You gotta get that semi-solid shit out.

Also, wash behind your ears you greasy fuck.

squeeze harder

That's not good. Your blood is technically a tissue and a blood infection is very often fatal.

you have norazorbladetocutitopenitis

Please pop it entirely. It'll be so satisfying. Don't forget to film it.

STICK A GIANT NEEDLE IN IT. THEN SQUEEZE

ALSO THAT BEARD IS NASTY. YOU'RE A PRIMITIVE.

SERIOUSLY I WANT TO KNOW IF THE BEARD WRAPS ALL THE WAY AROUND THE BACK OF YOUR NECK.

bruh u dirty af .... wash behind yo god damned ears ... that is why you have disgusting sore pimple !

Trim your beard a bit, my dude. Just like, tidy it up.