Anyone tried eye surgery to get normal 20/20 vision?

Anyone tried eye surgery to get normal 20/20 vision?
Can the procedure be recommended? Would love to get perfect vision but on the other hand, don't want something to go wrong and go blind.

You won't get blind. You'll just get permanently dry eyes and the risk of your corneas falling out at any time.

The surgery has a near 100% success rate, but as far as I know procedures that involve poking at the eye almost always cause cataracts somewhere down the line.

That I'm doomed to be an eyelet forever...

My understanding is that a procedure like Lasik will improve you're eyesight in the short term but in the long run it can cause many problems. You'll have good eyesight for several years and maybe a decade or so but have an early onset of problems like cataracts.

My suggestion is to strengthen the muscles in your eye. You can do this by limiting the amount of time you wear glasses and contacts. You can also exercise the muscles by focusing on something that is close then focusing on something that is far away and doing this repeatedly. Also, if one eye is better than the other, which is very common, you can wear an eyepatch or cover the strong eye during periods throughout the day to strengthen the weaker eye.

Why do you hate glasses ? Soon, with all the VR and the enhanced reality becoming common, everybody will have glasses.

stop posting on this dolphin anus online fish market and go see an ophthalmologist

Life is just easier without glasses.

Isn't eye surgery only for people under the age of 45?

Lasik usually can't fix the types of eye problems that people over 40 develop.

I've considered it, but there is a 0% chance I wouldn't freak out like arnold in total recall when they get close to my eyeball.

Women don't generally like men who wear glasses.

>but in the long run it can cause many problems.
really nonsense

Lasik fixes the near sight/far sighted issue, but the eye might change later on, same as anyone needs to get a new perscription.
It doesn't cause cataracts
You can't just "Strengthen the eye muscle"

You will still need reading glasses like anyone else because thats not what lasik is fixing

Really?

Really.

Not quite. They like chad with glasses just fine.

"Chad with glasses" is like "chad in wheelchair". Doesn't exist.

You know nothing.

I had severe myopia. Also had somewhat thin corneas, so I couldn't get the typical LASIK, but got LASEK(a variant on PRK) instead.
It's the best goddamn decision I've made, even with as expensive as it was at the time. I went from being functionally blind without glasses or lenses to perfect vision. That realisation, when I woke up in the morning and could see perfectly well without having to fumble for my glasses at the bedside table, no joke nearly brought tears to my eyes on several occasions.
Now, 10+ years later, my vision has started worsening again, not gonna say that absolutely won't be an issue. I use glasses in the day-to-day for convenience, but I can still manage fine without them.

PRK>LASIK

>You can't just "Strengthen the eye muscle"
You can, it's not going to give you back 20/20 vision, but it will slow down the damage. Especially in the modern age where you're probably spending longer than you should staring wall eyed at screens.
I've got "targets" set up in my house and work space so I can always break away to do some quick focus exercises, a little bit of perserverence until it begins to become a habit.

I'm still waiting for contact lenses or just a laser that paints the HUD right onto your retina.

Make everyone else's eyesight as bad as yours, then you'll by definition have 20/20

Had lasik done a year ago.
Best money i ever spent life go for it dude worth every penny

this thread just makes me appreciate my perfect vision at 26, from a family of glasses wearers. boy did i luck out.