Go to an american university for a graduate program

>go to an american university for a graduate program
>everyone uses huge fucking yellow pencils to do math and not pens

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

what brainlet school are you at? I'm at Stanford and everyone uses pen

What are you gonna do when you make a mistake?
>inb4 >making mistakes

Mech pencils are top comfy
Penlets need not apply

>pen
>smear everything
>ink feed issues
>tedious to refill
>can't erase

why in god's name wold you ever use a pen over a pencil

I thought you guys used mechanical pencils.
What program are you in?

I actually go to Stanford and Americans here use pencils, nonamericans use pens.

I'm not an Amerilard
Physics

>giving a shit what someone's writing preference is

[spoiler]I guess I like to doodle a lot during lectures so I use pencil

In America our pencils are safe, they're made with graphite, not actual lead. I'm sure where you're from people use actual lead pencils. It's safe now OP, you can use them.

What happens when you need to draw a graph or diagram and apply different levels of shading? You should have at least your 2B, your 4B and HB pencils on hand.

pens feel smoother than pencils when writing

plus i don't press down hard so rather than hurting my hand i just use a pen

also i never have ink issues, i just have a ton of the same type of pen

>Americans are too fucking stupid to use a pen
Holy shit lmao.

Why is posting so laggy right now??

>Chad user explains why pens are inferior
>virgin user just says chad is too dumb to use a pen whilst ignoring reality

I'm an American. Go to Cornell for astrophysics. I use fountain pens.

government funding #shutdown, turns out the fbi was in charge of running Veeky Forums

Harvard here. I pour ink directly onto the page from a bottle and then use toothpicks to scratch it into the right shapes.

MIT here, I just spill ink from the bottle and the shapes arrange themselves into the right answers

>t. Brainlet

learn how to hold a pencil properly

Community college fag here, I just scribble nonsense on the page and the grading curve gets me a b- average

>huge fucking yellow pencils to do math and not pens

Erasers you dump moron.

Tfw a 59% in my community college thermo/waves/optics course is a C

Kuru Toga rotating mechanical pencil masterrace.

Yale here, I have stencils of all relevant symbols which I fill with ink on the page individually

>all the undergrads in this thread

All lab notebooks and records should be in pen for patent/discovery purposes, and also for long-term preservation. No one gives a fuck what you write your Calc II notes with, this is a non-discussion. If you don't have a lab notebook then maybe you shouldn't be on Veeky Forums, this site is for actual SCIentists only

I like how much darker pen is on the page. It has better contrast with white paper than reflective grey graphite.

probably how Erin got her job
>inb4 he likes japanese cartoons
>inb4 "Eren, NOOOOO!!!!!" From Attack on Titan

I just cross over if I do errors. Even if you erase when you've made an error with a pencil, it's not like you can write on that surface again without making a mess.
Erasable ink is the worst

you tell em bro

Caltech here, i jerk off to loli in my room all day while sticking a ballpoint pen up my asshole

I use pens for writing measurements in a lab as it is a safeguard against forgery. Any data point or observation once written down cannot be erased.
I use mechanical pencils for lengthy math derivations

Calling a country retarded because they don't use a pen. Pathetic.

>if you dont have a lab book you arent a scientist
b-but user i'm a theorist

Spoken like a true freshman.

>can't erase
>he doesn't have tippex

>go to an american university
>everyone is carrying their books and papers in their hands to show off "how much they learn"

Why use a pen over a pencil? If you make a mistake you can erase a pencil marking, but not so easy with a pen.

pencils are for kids. grow up americans

Everyone should use pens in math. Believe in yourself! We learn from our mistakes! (Which we can elegantly cross out)

I've always preferred pencil. wood feels better in my hand + you can erase

except he's right.

I haven't seen anyone else doing that, but I definitely do

>pencils are for kids
Am I correct in assuming that mistakes are for kids too?

in your test? yeah

If you never make mistakes you can't learn from them. I doubt there'd be a single person on this board who has never made a mistake in one of their exams, lab books, or assessments that they needed to cross out or erase.

>things brainlets believe

Great reply!

If you really need to fill your tests with errors and mistakes consider studying harder, I thought this was pretty obvious from my last post but brainlets really need everything spelled out to them.

>smear everything
>ink feed issues
>tedious to refill

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the people whose ancestors invented fucking ballpoint pens.

If you do math in anything other than pic related, you are certifiably retarded. Other than that pen's are the right choice

>notes
Brianlet detected

Pens*

>muh eraser

I never get people who are bothered by small things like this. Why do little things like this bother you?

>muh inhalant abuse

>needing different utensils to apply different amounts of pressure

t. cuckposter

>not eating pencils

>go to American university for a graduate program
>everyone is Chinese.

Shut up user

Left handed people have a higher IQ on average, so using a pen gets your left hand smeared in ink - pencils are therefore for the superior IQ individuals among us

I use pens like a brainmore should. I would use fountain pens, but I am too poor to afford them at the moment so use pilot g2

>nasa invested over a million dollars into inventing a pen that would work in space
>meanwhile russia just used pencils

The lead of the pencil would break in space and get stuck in machinery and/or go into people's eyes in zero gravity since it would just float around. It was logical to make pens instead.

My work that is intended for anyone else to see is done in a word processing program such as LaTeX and printed out.

yes

This - no inky hands and mess when crossing things out and no pencil sharpening required

Hate to be a weeaboo but the Japanese mech pencils are God tier

>from my last post
>>things brainlets believe
I hope you're not implying that you've never made a mistake in your tests before. Even one mistake is reason to use a pencil, or one of those neat erasable pens I use to write christmas cards so people think I didn't misspell their name 3 times before correcting it.

I only have the plastic one of those, are the full-metal ones worth it?

Virgin pen user vs Chad pencil user

>ink feed issues

>pencil = dry
>pen = wet
>pencil is better for writing
american education

>ameritards too stupid to solve math problems on first try

>Veeky Forums
>actual SCIentists

>wood feels better in my hand
l-lewd

Penis*

>hand smeared in ink
only if you use a pen with niagara volume ink release, you'd be a brainlet to do this but apparently you have therefore invalidating you superior IQ

obviously nasa is a money sink and laundry

>americans itt actually braging about their mech ball pens

What kind of Zika baby run university uses pens to teach math? Use a pencil and eraser you syphilitic spaz.

> If you don't have a lab notebook... this site is for actual SCIentists only
I'm a mathfag and my feelins are hurt

>go to american university
>everyone is talking about their "major"

>work in a research lab in academia
>head makes us keep a notebook
huh, so he’s not just crazy after all

the ones which kick your ass in maths competitions

>go to english speaking country's university in neither america nor england
>term "major" is surprisingly common