What are the real long term effects and changes to the brain from chronic marijuana usage?

What are the real long term effects and changes to the brain from chronic marijuana usage?

Not good.

ive smoked everyday for 6-7 years or so. Fully psychologically addicted.
>lack of appetite. No longer eat breakfast, usually no lunch. never eat within 2-3 hours of waking up. I eat a meal usually around 6-7 pm and another at around 11-12 pm
>groggy waking up in the morning, especially if very stoned the night before

really can't think of anything else. Mainly the appetite thing, i have 0 appetite without weed unless a lot of time passes. I sleep 8-10 hours at night too but that was always a trend
I will say weed affects me fairly different than others, i still have insanely vivid dreams every night, short term memory is not an issue except while stoned (and even then not really an issue). Graduated with a BS in bio with a 3.87 and am currently on track for my PhD. Everyone in my lab knows i smoke and they dont care

Probably not very good, it has anesthetic effects, doesn't it? So it must make you desensitized. I have no idea tho

Also, don't smoke it if you are going to use, smoking anything is not good for you

turns you into a brainlet

IQ goes down
Memory becomes absolute shit

People who claim that there are no effects are retarded duggies themselves and in denial, or are people who want to see retards burn

I have been using it almost everyday (exception being vacations or illnesses) for about 6 years. I think it definitely has some effects that aren't talked about like chronic laziness and stuff. My voice has become extremely monotone and I'm almost TOO chill in social situations. It becomes difficult for me to fit in with non stoners even when I am completely sober because I'm not used to being upbeat and peppy. I also definitely get cravings throughout the day when i haven't smoked, the addiction is definitely there.
t. made this thread sober with my bong next to me trying not to smoke until evening

makes you smarter
prevents cancer and alzheimer's
increases bone mineral density

memeing?

Depends when you begin. If you do it before your brain is done developing then the development is altered (likely not for the better..) but if you start when you're older then you wont notice much difference.

I don't see the point of being chronically stoned, but to each his own.

I gives the bones the necessary vitamins they need to grow strong dude

nice info weedbro

>groggy waking up in the morning
i get that every morning and i don't smoke, about a minute under a cold shower takes care of it

This is anecdotal, but my friends, who were very smart, got into smoking pot a great deal. After 3 years, of smoking pot, they are the dumbest shits I know.

yep, the shower cures that for me as well

>IQ goes down
>Memory becomes absolute shit
It seems more likely that these are not direct effects of pot. Your IQ and memory go to shit if you don't use your brain, and pot is great at shutting it off.

>>lack of appetite. No longer eat breakfast, usually no lunch. never eat within 2-3 hours of waking up. I eat a meal usually around 6-7 pm and another at around 11-12 pm
>>groggy waking up in the morning, especially if very stoned the night before
hah
that's not weed. That's just normal.

the appetite loss is pretty profound. I used to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner pretty regularly. I will say i phased out breakfast before i started smoking though.
weed affects me amazingly, nothing negative whatsoever. Hell i even go and do labwork stoned if it's past 10-11 pm and it's something thoughtless.

>Started at 11, quit at 20, 20 now.

I feel fine

not normal if you're healthy and have a proper sleeping cycle

Definitely makes it harder to focus and comprehend new concepts. Stopped smoking for 3 weeks for finals last year and the difference was pretty noticeable. Since then I only smoke on the weekends so my brain can do work gud during the week

Real talk, are DMT and Shrooms the only drugs worth testing?

same happened to me, except they weren't very smart to begin with but now they're completely unbearable. they always bring pot wherever they go and every conversation ends up involving weed one way or another.

I don't have the scientific data in front of me, but every friend I know that fell for the weed meme has turned into an annoying burden. I can't fucking stand them around me.

why are americans so into drugs? seems like every american and their parents has experimented or regularly does drugs

>Used It everyday for 3 years, smoking ~2g a day

Completely fucked my thought process, making decisions harder. Became an emotional wreck, with little ability to empathise with anyone.

Been off it two months and i've already seen an improvement in mood, mental ability and confidence.

If I go back to smoking it'll never be like how it was before, Though I now have serious issues with sleep

All drugs are worth testing, brother

>DMT and Shrooms the only drugs worth testing?
Psychedelics are easily the most interesting drugs, though I prefer acid over shrooms.
Other drugs can be fun, it's up to you if you want to try them. MDMA, cocaine and speed are all good times in their own right, especially MDMA.
But those are voluntary, psychedelics are recommended.

I smoke until my eyes bleed and have since I was a Sophomore in high school which was about six years ago. I eat like a goddamned pig even sober.

>all these replies with momscience and no sources or studies

Why is this board called Veeky Forums again?

I smoke until my eyes bleed and have since I was a Sophomore in high school which was about five years ago. I eat like a goddamned pig even sober.
I've been smoking a pretty long while. As long as you at least moderate it and still use your damn brain you'll be fine. I currently have a 3.6 GPA and I'm in MatSci and EE.

Don't blame me. Captcha "timed out" but apparently the first post still went through before I added to it. Thanks a lot Hiroshimoot

I've been using it for a few years now, since 10th grade. After taking a couple weeks to unwind, I've noticed my anxiety levels went down, and my mood was a lot more stable than when I would smoke every day.

DESU I feel so good without it, this break I'm taking might last indefinitely.