Starbucks raised all their prices by $0.50 and reduced all their cup sizes by 2oz

starbucks raised all their prices by $0.50 and reduced all their cup sizes by 2oz

Is there a limit to corporate greed? They're already the biggest fast food chain on earth, why do they need more growth?

>why do they need more growth?
lol, why ask Veeky Forums when what you need is a crash course in several hundred years of economic history?

Who cares? Starbucks has garbage coffee and it's all loaded down with sugar anyways.

Seriously OP, I'm just waiting for starbucks to implode on it's self. I swear, If I see one more pumpkin spice latte I'm going to throw my head in a bandsaw

Source?

Well, don't let us stop you.

Sorry, I didn't realize corporate greed was responsible for high food prices. Care to point me to a not-for-profit alternative which offers better prices and services than for-profit private alternatives like Starbucks?

Wait, you can't? Man, it's almost as if a open market free of regulations will offer the most options and best prices for the consumer! Who would have thought?

>Starbucks
>Fast Food

>Is there a limit to corporate greed?

No

College campus stores and any stores nearby that allow college based credit systems spike their prices by 200+%.

Food is being reduced, packaging material is being reduced, and the calories and content in food is being reduced - corporations blame obesity, farmers, pollution, oversea manufacturing costs, and then raise prices to meet for these short comings while still doling out the supply to more than overcompensate the out-of-control demand then blame us for throwing away so much food.

They sell those shitty ass sandwiches, they're literally fast food now.

Most food waste comes from the agriculture level, farmers throwing away ugly fruit that won't sell on store shelves

Did they really do this. I haven't went to starbucks in a long time but I'll probably never go again if this is true

>Is there a limit to corporate greed?
Fuck no there isnt a limit to anything corporate human beings are literally reduced to numbers

Starbucks is awful both in quality and customer base so this isnt a big loss

Y'all still gonna be there buying it.
Y'all don't like that fruit that's not perfect.
Y'all like a nasty thing like coffee having to add a hundred things to it to make it taste ok.

Welcome to late stage capitalism friend, one last almighty push for profits before it all comes tumbling down. Not that the corporate pigs know this, their cash grabbing grubby little hands are just working on blind, conditioned greed. Like a mob crushing those in front to get to the front, not realising that they in turn will be crushed.

So that's like $3 for a coffee now?
Fuck them.

kek

Starbucks is crap, why do I care what they charge?

>t. communist
i like having the choice to not spend my money at starbucks versus the alternative of being forced to consume even shittier quality goods while the govt collects and collects more. you do realize corporations are largely in charge of lobbying our congress to pass legislation in their favor which is always in congressman's favor as well. therefore your communist ideology just keeps all the money in the hands of the bourgeoisie anyway. kys.

Got a source on this or did you make it up for your shitpost? Not that I ever go to starbucks, just out of curiosity

they're increasing prices by 10% on select items like brewed coffee, breaksfasts and the upcoming ps lattes

increase is anywhere between 10-30cents
nothing about reduced amount was ever mentioned

got all this from a quick google search.

but yeah while it is capitalistic af of them to do this, i cant help but not see any problem with it. if their clients are willing to stick to overpriced low quality coffee because of a mermaid sticker, all power to them

steps to establish communism
>mandatory policeman following you around and forcing you to buy certain goods instead of other
>taxes
read a book or even atleast a wikipedia page

If people will still buy it, why shouldn't they?

It's deceiving. many people would stop going there if they knew, but this is like a corporate form of gaslighting. people will just think "Oh i must have remembered it wrong"

>a company should put out some kind of emergency alert level psa everytime they increase prices
>poor innocent customers can't be held responsible for how they spend their money
Feel the bern, right brother?

Who cares? People only have themselves to blame if they're getting fucked by a corporation because protip: Corporations only grow due to consumers giving them money.

>Inb4subsidies
This is Starbucks, not Monsanto.

>company gets bigger and bigger, prices get higher and higher

what about capitalism now faggot?

the current state doesn't police us to buy specific goods and taxes aren't the cause of Starbucks hiking their prices. what are you trying to get at? your lolbertarian views are irrelevant in this conversation.

It was amazing how much produce was thrown away when I worked at a grocery store

They can't discount it because it incentivizes the customer to not buy it at full price

I've seen perfectly fine bananas thrown away just because they were weird sizes

>They can't discount it because it incentivizes the customer to not buy it at full price
Which has actually proven to be false, lots of grocery stores have "ugly produce" bins and still sell plenty of normal produce.

>corporations are more interested in making money than being my friend? Wtffff