Division by 0 will revolutionize mathematics

Suppose that [math] \frac{1}{0} [/math] is a number. Now, look at the functional equation for [math] n! [/math] which is [math] (n+1)! = (n+1)n! [/math]. If we plug in [math] n=-1 [/math] we get [math] 0! = 0(-1)! [/math] and as [math] 0! = 1 [/math] this means [math] (-1)! = \frac{1}{0} [/math].

Of course, this entire argument follows from the incorrect assumption that division by 0 is valid. But remember we can only prove all polynomials have roots from the assumption that taking the square root of negative numbers is valid. So what does this mean It means there is a number system out there more powerful than the complex numbers. One of the great advantages of complex numbers is that we can take restricted functions (like the factorial, or the Riemann Zeta function) and then extend them to regions of the complex plane, where we can find beautiful identities that then translate in meaningful ways to identities about the original restricted functions. See where I am going at?

We could extend, in this case, the factorial function for negative integers (something not even the complex numbers can achieve) and then who knows what beautiful theorems will be found. This is why I suggest that complex analysis must stop being done, it is an incomplete theory. All the efforts of mathematics should be diverted to finding and constructing this missing piece of our number system.

>inb4 wheel theory
Shut the fuck up fucking retard, wheel theory is useless for what I am talking about here. THERE IS A MISSING PIECE IN MATHEMATICS.

So what are some nice properties of this 1/0?

Well, as I just showed you it would help us evaluate negative integer factorials. I am sure it will have many other properties, but it is hard to tell given that we don't have the right theory yet.

I thought you were building the theory

We have irrational numbers. We also have imaginary numbers.

And now is the time to introduce an entire new class: bizarre numbers.
You saw it first here.

You didn't really evaluate anything though. It's well known that the gamma function has simple poles at the negative integers. You just wrote that as 1/0, which doesn't add anything new to the discussion.

I am but this is bigger than me. It will take more than just one guy to do this. We need everyone constantly thinking about this.

There are hundreds of missing pieces in math. The world isn't a closed set

/thread

Right so, fortunately, I am not talking about Complex Analysis.

Okay, I don't know much of abstract algebra beyond the basics but this might be relevant to your post:

https: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_with_one_element

Meant to quote

Yes, indeed. This is very similar but different. Just like a field with one element can't exist, a field with division by 0 can't exist either. So the goal is similar, looking beyond.

However, that goes more in the direction of algebra and geometry. I am talking about a new and bigger theory of analysis. Like Complex Analysis BTFO Real Analysis by being able to prove real results more beautifully, something very similar will happen with whatever is going on with 1/0.

I already thought about this 3 years ago. I discovered myself the equation for the newton bynomial with n exponents. Now I'm trying to find a function that includes the sucesions of the tartaglia pyramid.

Pathetic "whites".

I look forward to reading about it

Link the paper if you're so hot

I discovered the newton bynomial formula in HS you colossal brainlet. What paper?

>Suppose that 1/0 is a number.
Which wheel are you working in?

The reason we accepted the imaginaries and the irrationals was because they weren't inherently contradictory. Division by zero can be shown to not be consistent, unless our previous assumptions don't work. For example, assuming that we can add 1 to [math]\frac{1}{0}[/math] we get [math]\frac{1}{0}+1=\frac{1}{0}+\frac{0}{0}=\frac{1+0}{0}=\frac{1}{0}[/math], [math]\frac{1}{0}+2=\frac{1}{0}+2*\frac{0}{0}[/math] but 2*0 is 0 so [math]=\frac{1}{0}+\frac{0}{0}=\frac{1+0}{0}=\frac{1}{0}[/math] and so it seems that every number equals zero.

Dividing by one is the same as dividing by zero: in either case, no work occurs. 36/1 = 36, we didn't divide 36 into any smaller parts. 36/0 = 36. We didn't divide 36 into any smaller parts.

Are you retarded? Irrationals are contradictory in the set of rationals. (No irrational can be rational). The square root of -1 is contradictory in the real numbers (no real number exists such that its square is -1). That is why the arithmetic was EXTENDED to the irrationals, and then to the complex numbers. So just like you can extend numbers to include the square root of -1, there are ways to extend the arithmetic to include 1/0. You clearly don't know shit about math so please get out of my thread.

Please show some respect or I'm going to have to report your thread,

Irrationals are not contradictory in a model of rational arithmetic, just nonexistent. That the model is incomplete does not mean it cannot be extended consistently. Division by zero leads to internal inconsistencies within the model.

the irrationals did not contradict the rationals in the exact same way the rationals did not contradict the integers. not being a part of a set doesnt mean that it contradicts the set. 1 equaling 0 is however, a blatant contradiction

The problem is that you still lose reflexive property of numbers.

1/0 = 0(-1)! Implies 1 = 0*(0*(-1)! = 0.

So defining it with some obtuse expression doesn't diminish that every number is the same in this scheme.

>THERE IS A MISSING PIECE IN MATHEMATICS.
It's a feature, not a bug you brainlet. Not every number has a multiplicative inverse in every context. If you were working with mod 12 arithmetic you'd only have a quarter of your numbers where 1/x is possible for example (1, 5, 7, and 11). Just try seeing how many times you can add 2 to itself in mod 12 to get to 1, the answer is no amount of times will ever return that result. That's not a problem, you're just a retarded brainlet who had the same shit idea about treating 1/0 like the square root of -1 that every retarded brainlet has when he takes a high school math course.

Division by zero is inconsistent with the funamental properties of a ring you mong, you can't just make an extension of the integers like you can for other things. It's wheels or nothing.

>when reddit comes to sci

Why do brainlets argue so hard over that word 'zero' when 0 is just a numerical glyph that every mathematician can agree on?

It's like you guys can't understand the difference between a fixed-width glyph and a 'concept that your parents had to tell you otherwise how else would you guys be posting on a Quantum-Field-Operational-Server'

division by zero is perfectly ordinary so long as you're willing to sacrifice field properties

e.g. real projective line

lol I have better things to do.

eat shit newfag

Which you SHOULD be willing to do if you want anyone to exchange field properties.

被零除是非常普通的,只要你願意犧牲字段屬性

例如 真正的投影線

90^-9 = 1/90^9

Please stop existing.

'Please' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
//
'請'不被識別為一個內部或外部的命令,可操作的程序或批處理文件。

[math]\frac{N}{7^9}+N-1[/math]

(N - 20176803/40353607)^2 + 1686571246584054/1628413597910449 = 0
//
(N - 四千〇三十五萬三千六百〇七分之二千〇一十七萬六千八百〇三)^ 2 +1628413597910449分之1686571246584054= 0

〇 / 零 (zero)

空4虛空

〇是預先測定長度

平方長度預先測量

ignored

4T〇肛門性狂歡時間= 1 + 1要21X

語料庫提交正弦波

Corpus Tabled Sinusoid

SPEAK ENGLISH.

西蒙發明了英語。

Simon invents English.

西蒙發明了英語。

Yes? Can I help you?

>newfag
Why the homophobia?

How can a newfag be homophobic?

除以零度

除以零

>Implying non-existent = inconsistent
You really are the lowest type of dense retarded brainlets. Kys.

>言下之意不存在不一致=
你真的是最低屬於密集智障brainlets的。的KYS。

醉箱

Stop talking in chinese, most people on this board won't understand you, which ruins the discussion.

____

Sale enculé nique ta race tu dis un autre mot de chinois et je t'encule fils de pute.

Kek, I think he was banned. All his posts were deleted and also his thread.

----------

*risos* Eu acho que ele foi banido. Todos seus posts foram deletados, tal como seu thread.

>fils de pute.
I just realised you were actually were cursing at him.
In this case, he is a big filho de uma puta do caralho que tem a buceta parecida com um elástico frouxo.

PORCO DIO E LA MADDONA TROIA FARCITA DI SBORRA
CУКA БЛЯT EБAT EГO HA ХУЙ

We already allow division by zero in the form of complex infinity.