What are some of the most despicables pieces of shit in the history of science?

What are some of the most despicables pieces of shit in the history of science?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Owen
>Owen has been described by some as a malicious, dishonest and hateful individual. He has been described in one biography as being a "social experimenter with a penchant for sadism. Addicted to controversy and driven by arrogance and jealousy". Deborah Cadbury stated that Owen possessed an "almost fanatical egoism with a callous delight in savaging his critics." Indeed, an Oxford University professor once described Owen as "a damned liar. He lied for God and for malice".[17] Gideon Mantell claimed it was "a pity a man so talented should be so dastardly and envious".

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shing-Tung_Yau
journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1001071
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Carleton_Gajdusek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What are some of the most despicables pieces of shit in the history of science?
everyone involved in the fradulent "theory" of climate change

Fuck off this thread is serious

>Fuck off this thread is serious
Do you need to swear?

Lysenkoism.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

Anti-Vaxxism.

Homeopathy.

>Joseph Stalin supported the campaign. More than 3,000 mainstream biologists were fired or even sent to prison,[3] and numerous scientists were executed as part of a campaign instigated by Lysenko to suppress his scientific opponents.[4][5][6][7] The president of the Agriculture Academy, Nikolai Vavilov, was sent to prison and died there, while scientific research in the field of genetics was effectively destroyed until the death of Stalin in 1953.[2] Research and teaching in the fields of neurophysiology, cell biology, and many other biological disciplines was also negatively affected or banned.[8]
Holy shit

Stephen Jay Gould

committed academic fraud numerous times to justify his political biases

and lied about respected scientists ruining their reputations for no reason other than their legitimate research didnt fit with his biases

[citation needed]

>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]

I'm going to need a citation that you actually require a citation. Seriously, show me where it says you can't use Google

Franz Boas. Took over an entire field of science using underhanded academia politics and replaced it with personality-cult ideological hogwash just because he didn't like what they had to say about his kind.

>Seriously, show me where it says you can't use Google
I have Google blocked in my browser since they're an unethical company.

>What are some of the most despicables pieces of shit in the history of science?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shing-Tung_Yau

Yandex is better anyway because the copyright trawl bots don't filter "cкaчaт" as opposed to "download"

>Google blocked because they're an unethical company.
[citation needed]

Yeah. That's what happens when ideology trumps (pun unintended) science.

Once saw particle physics paper from China during Cultural Revolution. When proton meets proton at umpteen electron volts -- they react according to the Thoughts of Chairman Mao!
The physicists weren't stupid. They just knew saying anything else was a ticket to re-education or death!

>>Google blocked because they're an unethical company.
Who are you quoting?

What do you have against him?
Outside of maybe his ethnicity.

Just those three huh?

>Just those three huh?
There used to be more but the extension updated and I lost them.

The OG tranny doctor where he tried to force a boy that had his penis mutilated into being a female; the dude killed himself

It's more a case of authoritarianism and social conformity. I would say it has little to do with specific ideology. If Lysenko didn't have power, nothing would have happened.

OP are you in my archaeology class? We just looked at that picture today

In another study, published in 2011, Jason E. Lewis and colleagues re-measured the cranial volumes of the skulls in Morton's collection, and re-examined the respective statistical analyses by Morton and by Gould, concluding that, contrary to Gould's analysis, Morton did not falsify craniometric research results to support his racial and social prejudices, and that the "Caucasians" possessed the greatest average cranial volume in the sample. To the extent that Morton's craniometric measurements were erroneous, the error was away from his personal biases. Ultimately, Lewis and colleagues disagreed with most of Gould's criticisms of Morton, finding that Gould's work was "poorly supported", and that, in their opinion, the confirmation of the results of Morton's original work "weakens the argument of Gould, and others, that biased results are endemic in science". Despite this criticism, the authors acknowledged that they admired Gould's staunch opposition to racism.[7]

journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1001071

didnt even take a minute

Nope m8 I really like this particular photo
God I wish I had an archaeology class

>when the evil mad scientist meme isn't a meme

He was a good linguist.

Unironically Jared Diamond

ur mom

Feud. All he did was do coke and jerk it to his mom. Nothing he's ever done was valid

It was Stalin who had the power and it was very much a matter of ideology.

Lysenkoism also played well into the Soviet theme occurring at that time, which was to "create the new Soviet man". The logic was that if people are able to inherit the acquired characteristics, it could be possible to create a better society. This lent hope to the revolutionary leaders of the Soviet union, in that peasants could be turned into exceptional citizens.

He was also helped by coming from a peasant, uneducated background. Stalin promoted such to enhance his image as "a man of the people."

this guy discovered prion diseases and won a Nobel Prize for it, but is also the only Nobel prize winner convicted of pedophilia and child diddling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Carleton_Gajdusek

As should everyone.

>(((wikipedia)))
lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins

Shirō Ishii
Was an absolutely terrible man. Did all kinda crazy human experiments.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Im sorry but great minds shdnt be punished or denigrated for their views unless on a social comitee. They still great scientists. Criticise but dont use it to discredit a nigga.

Mengele did some awful shit (though he also laid the foundations for the treatment of cancer through toxicology), but Trofim Lysenko probably wins the award for being the worst blight upon the history of science.

>Furthermore, Gajdusek openly admits to molesting boys and his approval of incest.

wtf

Salty religitard detected

I might be misreading your post, but the OP's prompt asks for scientists who are the worst assholes in the history of their profession (science), and you seem to have inverted it.

The OP did NOT ask: "Which assholes were the worst scientists?", which is how you seem to have taken the question. The OP DID ask: "Which scientists were the worst assholes?"

Confounding matters further is that upon cursory review, it appears as though Lysenko was both an asshole and a poor scientist all at the same time, so that either the one or its converse could be made to apply, saving your post.

>he looked like this
Oh, that explains a lot

Name a single thing he did wrong, Im genuinely interested in what youre gonna say

communism,
not even once.

Dawkins can't in2metaphysics
> inb4 fedoratards

How are they unethical? And how am I supporting them by using the browser?
Not being ironic or anything, just curious

>metaphysics
You mean the stuff that has yet to be empirically substantiated in any way?

Holy shit, man. Are you like this in person?

Do you mean Maths?

Welcome to Veeky Forums newfriend