Does anyone else think physics is generally more difficult than math?

Does anyone else think physics is generally more difficult than math?
Why do you think this is?

Do you have any source to back up your claim? Or did you just pull that out of your ass??

Math is harder than physics. Physics is just applied math. Math is the search for the true nature of universe.

Because it requires real intelligence and intuition. Pure math and proofs are just being rational, a computer-tier task

you are retarded

Proofs?

(You)

>t. physics undergrad

>has never done a proof before

Modern physics is all the applied math mathematicians couldn't solve. Modern math can be made up wankery just as long as it's solvable. Physics is easier because you can approximate, but if you want an exact answer (or all the answers) you're going to have a harder time.

math has more concepts so is naturally more difficult

I always thought math was harder.

I always needed an "application" for the math for it to make sense to me. If there was no apparent reason to be doing said math problems it was harder to make sense of it.

It was weird though... some of the math people I studied with shied away from math classes that were heavy on physics problem, because they felt like you do.

Didnt make sense to me, but hey, everyones different i guess

I agree that physics is, generally, more difficult than pure mathematics because of what said. I feel like physics requires much more natural intuition and insight. Although, a clever math proof is usually exceptionally creative.

I've never met anyone in real life who thinks otherwise. Out of 4 math professors that I've seen talk about it, 3 agreed physics is harder.

Only retards in Veeky Forums think math is harder.

>Does anyone else think physics is generally more difficult than math?
Difficult in which regard?

Math is more abstract, therefore harder.
The thing with physics is that it gets really spatial a lot of the time, so verbalfags like me (and likely you too) may have a harder time with it than with math. I say "may" because if you are verbally intelligent enough you can overcome the spatial shenanigans. Not my case though.

Physics is harder only if it is studied to the very basics (for example, without "well angle can be sort of vector")

With physics, you can visually understand the concepts better. Whereas in math, it can feel like just a bunch of numbers which follows complex rules until you spend time gaining intuition on why that is.

>mathematicians solve find analytical solutions to integrals all day

>Does anyone else think
>Do you have any source

Math is logical, intuitive and axiomatic.

Physics is empirical and frankly makes no sense sometimes, just because it's the best explanation available.

Any kind of physics, by definition, can be visualized

That alone helps understanding a lot and makes it easier, on the other hand, math cannot be visualized while still doing math, you'd be doing physics instead.

I personally find physics harder than maths, but I'm a brainlet and only learned maths up to diff eq, lin alg, etc.

Physics often seems counterintuitive

This is my problem with it. Maths is just much more logical.

Not really.

You can't, in any meaningful way, visualize much of quantum physics. Even something like general relativity gets pretty meaningless when you get to the interesting stuff. Among other things.

You can visualize the stuff that falls within classical physics, mostly, because that's what we experience every day. However, it goes without saying that a lot of the interesting physics is beyond this.

If you're not doing proofs that require creativity, your math course is garbage.

Where did I say that none of my proofs required creativity? Or were you just waiting for the right moment to project?

>You can't visualize X kind of physics
You can visualize anything that has a physical meaning. If that kind of physics happens to have one of such, it can be visualized, I am afraid.

As for quantum physics in specific, there are several models for all the subatomic particles existing or even thought to be existing, plus other representations like Feynman diagrams.

But that often doesn't help at all with the math and the concepts don't overlap for many. I think math is easier because it's abstract whereas with physics you have to bend and manipulate formulas that you're told to use.

>But that often doesn't help at all with the math
You just said it, user. Of course it doesn't help with the math, as pure Math cannot be visualized.

Does it not make you think that the "hardest" part to visualize of 'Physics' is precisely the one with the most Math in it? It is almost like... its nearness to pure math renders it almost impossible to visualize, but however its Physics content makes it possible.

Now, strip from it the physics content. What you are left with? Pure Math and no visuals. Conclusion: pure Math is harder to understand.

>with physics you have to bend and manipulate formulas that you're told to use.
Except for the fact you can derive any physical formula from first principles.

Let me guess. You're a dumb amerifat who only did "math" courses that weren't proof based in college.