Montreal's famous bagel shops under fire for wood-burning ovens

ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/montreal-s-famous-bagel-shops-under-fire-for-wood-burning-ovens-1.3602592

Montreal residents are going before city council on Monday to demand a ban on wood-burning ovens at several famous bagel shops because they say not enough has been done to address air pollution.

Post yfw you're not a huge fucking faggot.

The fuck? How is gas in any way better than burning wood? Granted the NYC Jews make a more appealing bagel, but WTF Canada.

Burning wood puts those particles into the air and fucks up your lungs.

People have been burning wood since fire was invented like 12 million years ago, why the fuck are a few bagel shops suddenly an issue?

>mfw I'm not a fucking leaf

>Francois Grenier, who lives on the same block where Fairmount Bagels has stood since 1949, says he has been asking the city to deal with the wood-burning ovens for more than 20 years.

So the shop was there already when he moved in?

Forest fires create fertile soils necessary for the cycle of life to continue. Also the ash collected from those ovens are used in commercial soap production. So...

These fucking Frogs. Can they all just be nuked?

French Canadians are the only redeeming thing about Canada though.

They have nice architecture though in the major cities.

The bagel shops will plead antisemitism and hopefully they frogs fuck off.

So this faggot moved in knowing he'd be next to a wood-burning bagel shop and complained for twenty years? Why doesn't he just chip in to help modernize the damn place.

These fucking assholes love to cry and bitch but they don't do a single thing to try and help the situation. They just want to tell people how to run their businesses because they're dumbass busybodies.

Maybe, but the Jews in Montreal do a better sandwich.

What's next, banning forest fires?

Right, Montreal is the most aesthetic.

Wow, I didn't realize Montreal bagels were top-tier. NYC bagels are fucking garbage.

agree completely. Way to pick the right battle fucking retards the environment isn't going to get better because you closed a bunch of bagel shops, but your going to get a bunch of unemployed people.

Also if these places do get shut down whats the likely hood of some fucking coffee or ice cream or other specialty cuisine shop opening in its place. All food carries environmental burdens these retards pretend like fucking wood burning ovens are destroying the air. Bet these stupid fucks buy fast food and drive cars

fucking cucknada

Do wood-burning ovens make better bagels? If so, those faggots ought to shut the hell up.

I thought a lot of people in canada had wood burning stoves for additional cheap heat. Are those going to be banned too? I could see riots on the scale of the daily alt-right nazi riots we have down here in the land of corporate freedom if that happens.

These people don't care about the environment but rather their own personal health concerns. This issue is the particulates causes issues for asthmatics. It's claiming their business is a public nuisance.

>why the fuck are a few bagel shops suddenly an issue?

wait until they learn that even cars account for less than 3% of all air pollution. they will probably kill themselves at how pointless their existence is.

Want t save the air? Go level a factory.

>this faggot moved in knowing he'd be next to a wood-burning bagel shop

No. This faggot's nephew runs the bagel shop with electric ovens 2 block down.

But Indians and Chinese own those and making them abide by the regulations we impose on the rest of the world is R A C I S T

Afaik in the west it is actually true that cars contribute next to nothing these days to air pollution (ie not co2), and even coal-burning power plants have come way way down the list. It’s now mostly wood-burning stoved and 2-stroke lawn equipment.

Still, we (as humans) have been under intense selective pressure to not succumb to the effects of wood smoke, since we’ve spent a hundred thousand years crowded around smoky fires. Your lungs are by far the most cancer-resistant part of your body: just consist that most people whole smoke all their lives WONT getting cancer! If you subjected any other part of your body to the fraction of the abuse you’d explode into cancer.

*just consider that most people who...
t. iPhone poster

LMAO you could go to NY and get a real sandwich 5 times the size for the same price. RIP OFF.

because liberal homo faggot canadians are suddenly an issue

hopefully

i wonder how masao is doing.

That looks like beef stew thrown at a plate in anger and then tossed like a frisbee at a wall.

FUUUUUUUCK I could go for a Montreal bagel right about now. They blow that bready NYC shit outta the water. So dense and chewy, and that slight sweetness, oh Christ...

Where you at bro? I'm a 10 min walk from fairmont and leaving tomorrow. I'll bring you some.

That's not a bad idea. They were a huge problem this summer here in SoCal

>French Canadians are the only redeeming thing about Canada though.
They and Toronto are the worst parts of Canada frankly.

Can someone educate me about the difference between a Montreal and New York bagel?

Schwartz's is a meme for dumb tourists. Any residents here knows that their food is shit.

Just filter it. Literally a water bong can do that with a pump that can handle hot flue gases.

What are the places to hit in Montreal?

Used to live south of Montreal (military, St Jean) and what I remember most is duck in Chinatown and wacky poutines (eg Italian, four gras) around UQM. Feel like I missed all the jewey shit.

>since fire was invented
really made me think

La Banquise for poutine and beers
Romados/ Coq o rico for Portuguese bbq/ chicken
Joe Beef or Liverpool house if you have money and made a reservation 3 months ahead.
Boustan for Lebanese
St viateur for bagels and other jewry.
Moishe's steakhouse
Main Deli Steakhouse (right across the street from Schwartz's and infinitely better)
Big in Japan or Isakaya for jap stuff.
Belle et boeuf for cheap drinks and eccentric burgers.

WRONG. the quiet revolution killed all the good ones and all that's left are faggots like trudeau

The wall throwing is what adds flavor.

death to all mile end hipsters so help me god if I can't get a fucking fresh bagel anymore
I will bomb ubisoft (plzdontarrestmeSQ)

I'm having an uncomfortable heureka-moment thanks to you, user

lol libs ruin fucking everything. Reminds me of when the Californians came to Austin and tried to ban BBQ because of the smoke

As a Jew I find this infuriating.

woodsmoke is no joke. Very polluting. Terrible to be around.
The bagel shops should use clean energy (hydro-power) and advertise this fact, instead of very dirty and gimmicky wood fire.

Please tell me you lined them all up against a wall and shot them.

>Meanwhile, nobody is bitching that nature still has those pesky (((((("wild fires")))))

Did you know there are a fuckton of Jews in Montreal, or are you just being a shithead New Yorker?

Soap production? The government is putting ash in our soap to increase the number of skin cancer carcinoma cases. Good job Canada. Now, stop shilling you government trashman.

Lye is needed to make soap, easy place to get it is ash. Usrful repurposing of waste. That's recycling.

Wrong. Vancouver and Toronto are awful because they're heavily chinked and niggerfied. Quebec is based. Ski resort just up 95 a few hours. Only purpose Canada serves to me.

Yeah that's my point. This is a sly way of trying to fuck with the Jewish community.

kyke

Liberals are jewing the Jewish bakers.

>Bigger is better
Ameritard logic

>Joe Beef or Liverpool house
I always go to Liverpool when I'm in Montreal, they give me free tequila shots, and let me help out in the kitchen after a few negronis and some foie

I thought the wall throwing was for mouth feel.

Chez Jose and Omnivore are both fucking killer and super cheap

I don't know what the fuck you've been drinking instead of water, ostensibly to avoid being turned gay, but it's fucking destroyed your mind. Seek help.