Do you fuckers have a favorite book written by a comedian? Pic related is mine. Well actually...

Do you fuckers have a favorite book written by a comedian? Pic related is mine. Well actually, pic related is the only one I've ever read, so it's my favorite by default.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWujBTtbuBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Colin Quinn's the coloring book is right up there with norm, it may actually be better. Patton Oswalt also wrote two decent books before his wife died and he went off the deep end.

literally redd!t: the book

I read Bernie Mac's book when I was like 8 or something. I don't remember much besides him making fun of ignorant black people saying centipede instead of centigrade.

Maybe You Never Cry Again by Bernie Mac. I haven't thought about that book in years, I just remember him saying that you should beat kids because they are about as smart as a dog and violence is the only thing they understand. Also him sharing cereal milk with his siblings.

that doesn't even make sense

>Foreword by Louis C.K.

Why does Norm have the worst friends?

monitoring this thread

If Bill Burr had anything as far as text goes I'd be all over that shit, otherwise I don't really know of a comedian whose perspective is nuanced enough to say much of interest off the stage.

bill burr sucks, his marriage has turned him into everything he used to hate

>"wife died"
>implying he didn't murder her

>that chapter about his childhood in rural canada
the ending was just a goof, right?
...right?

the apple store is really funny (by seinfeld2000)

Can't name a specific book, but when I was sick in later elementary or some of middle school my dad read me Dave Barry books and I became rather fond of them.

How I Escaped My Certain Fate: The Life and Deaths of a Stand-Up Comedian by Stewart Lee

I don't see why you say that, judging solely from his comedy specials and not his podcast content which may well afford a closer look at his personal life. But in his defense I'd say it's more the modern political zeitgeist that has forced him to conform to a lot of the shit he used to be able to rail against with impunity, for want of keeping his career stable. And I don't begrudge him that - though his most recent standup special was comparatively limpwristed.

nm

You see that weather balloon over there?

Burr has just grown up and gotten a different perspective on the world, and if you listen to his podcast you'll understand he hasn't even changed all that much. The podcasts that come out on Thursdays have 45 minute segments from podcasts in like 2009 that will showcase this.

good

also:
Barry Crimmins - Never Shake Hands With a War Criminal
Moshe Kasher - Kasher in the Rye (so I've heard)
Jay Mohr's book about being in the SNL trenches

Huh? I'd love to be Louie's friend.

Stewart Lee must be the most Veeky Forums stand-up. Can anyone else compare?

Norm is the most Veeky Forums comedian. No one else even comes close

youtube.com/watch?v=eWujBTtbuBM

New episodes when

Stewart Lee and Norm Macdonald are proof of the horseshoe theory. They have basically opposite approaches to comedy yet wind up with very similar shticks. I love them both.

Veeky Forums greentexts.

Mitch Hedberg is the DFW of comedy, so him.