I attended my first science conference last week, and got a nice paper about it

I attended my first science conference last week, and got a nice paper about it.
Should I frame it and put it on the wall, I am quite proud of it.
What do you do with them?

>inb4 computer science

What did you present?

>adam satan

indoor positioning technique using bluetooth

>Doxing yourself on Veeky Forums
Might as well kill yourself, Adam

Just put in a file drawer. Hanging a participation certificate is a little autistic

I use my name to get attention. It always works.
You replied too, didn't you?

Well, my research paper was selected from 150 and made it into the best 20, presented in the conference. There weren't any winners or something like that

If you’re planning on being a researcher, you’re going to have presented dozens of times eventually. It’s not all that interesting. Once you win some sort of actual award you can frame that.

True, but it's my first one. It's like loosing your virginity, you always remember that dearly

well how many possible conferences could you apply for. if you have 1000 of them. then suddenly your stats means nothing. you would get into at least one of them.

>Adam Satan
Vade retro Satana

That is for exorcism. You can't exorcise someone from his very own body

You'll get a ton with time. How was the conference? My pops used to take me on IEEE conferences when I was younger.

There were some interesting topics, the food was meh(especially since they didn't gave a fuck about our requirements they asked before and gave meat to vegans, cheese to lactose intolerants and pork to muslims).
As a first timer and 22years old I was quite stressed during my presentation, but I was surprised that I wasn't the worst.
I am looking forward the next one

>gave pork to Muslims
Priceless

>Pork to muslim
Lel. I'm hoping by next year ill be able to start going again. Was this the first conference you've ever gone to or presented at?

both

If you're proud of it, hang it up. No shame in it imo. Do you stil have the slides/papers to share, sounds interesting. As you undoubtedly know, low power sensors of all kinds for indoor purposes is a huge potential market, with iot and all.

I want your dad. Ever been to ISSCC or VLSI?

Oh good that you had fun. I hope there's more you can attend in your future. If you ever visit a robotics conference come find me. Any tips for presenting papers? I'm hoping to start getting my name as contributor or author in the next year

He's a pretty nice dad, was gonna let me co-author and present a paper on autonomous vessels before funding for the paper and trip got cut. He doesn't do any computer engineering based stuff so I'm unfamiliar with those conferences

Have something in your hand to play with(beside the laser presenter), I usually have a pendrive or a pen.

They will publish the paper next week I think(or a week after that), and I don't bring work home, so sadly no I can't show you yet.
You will be able to find it by the name of Developing of Bluetooth Based Indoor Positioning Application in Scholar, if you are truly interested

>What do you do with them?

First time I received a certificate for participating in a conference I framed it because I considered it an achievement. The first step as an academic, if you will. So I suggest you frame this one for the good memories. But after that, all I do is scan the certificate and then mention the conference in my resume. I then store it in somewhere safe.

ne fürgyé le

Thanks for the tip. Both me and a friend are interested in IoT so I'll check your paper out

It's not computer engineering.. ISSCC is the biggest EE conference in the world.. If you been to IEEE conferences, I'm surprised you never heard of it.

Well I imagine that was one of the ones he invited me on that I had to decline. I also don't just attend only IEEE conferences nor memorize their names.

My favorite thing about that paper is that it solved a problem I didn't even knew existed when I wrote it(and because of that I couldn't write it into the paper).
Different sensors give back different measurements in the same spot, but my positioning algorithm is a device independent solution

Damn, that would be really clever if you had kept it to yourself and sold it to tech companies.

I wouldn't hang it, personally. But if that makes you proud, and you think this might inspire you, why not?

in each field of research, there are a handful of decent conferences. those are worth something. the rest are just scams used as an excuse to get uni funding to travel

>the rest are just scams used as an excuse to get uni funding to travel
Not cool man. You are not supposed to say this. Delete this thread immediately.

Well at less i think u should save it in a folder, that's what i do with the things that i get when i been in conferences or congresses, it is quite nice have those in a book where u can see al the things that you achieve, actually i have 14 of those papers and it is nice see those papers.
Also this but when u get an actual first place or 20 place in 1000 or 150 it makes u feel proud and very happy... So yeah if u wanted put it on a frame on the wall.

BASED engineers