What are some books, or even articles...

What are some books, or even articles, worth reading about transgenderism through either a scientific or social viewpoint?

I am of the opinion that those who feel they are in the wrong body and wish to be a different gender, or throw away the idea of a boy/girl system are, at least in a way, sick. They lack the confidence to be themselves and act or dress in ways that aren't "normal" so much so that they create this illusionary reason that they are they way they are. They then coddle that reason excessively to a point that they reject any societal norm and place the blame on others and society itself for not accommodating their own illusionary solution to their problem.

Very hot opinion, yes, very, very hot

HOWEVER
Your actual intent with this thread is clearly nothing more than an attempt to create a thinly veiled /pol/ hugparty, where we all upvote each other and shit on them es-jay-double-vees. Thats pathetic, please remove yourself to appropriate alt-children boards.

>not liking transgenders is an idea supported only by edgy subversive evil pol Nazis
Found the SJW

>this people i dont like is sick
and so on for almost 4000 years

Hey hey, STEMdrone here.

News flash, sex is determined from genetic composition. Hair dye and a spoiled rotten attitude doesn't change that.

Though I do concede that this is a hot opinion and a preferred no man's land of a topic, my intent is solely stated with the first question.

I am merely wanting to find books or other things to challenge my viewpoint so that I am not stuck in an echochamber of my own belief. I never specified that the books only be against transgenders, I want any books that are well written and not emotionally fueled that are in support or against it. I am only wanting to educate myself on the topic.

>If I say my fantasy is real, then it is!
and so on until the death of homo sapiens sapiens

>using the term SJW
so found the nazi

cryptofascist at your best

>you don't want people to chop off their own dicks? What are you some kinda Nazi?

Newsflash: no one thinks sex isn't determined from genetic composition.

Newsflash: transgenders exist, that's the topic of the thread. clearly people do, or else I'm fucking missing something aren't I?

You're looking for Gore Vidal's Myra and Myron. It'll change your mind but not much. Then go read Sinclair Lewis and stop talking to people. We'll let you read the Greek then, but not beforehand, /pol/

>what is gender

what the fuck

shut up tranny cockslurper

Allow me to re-clarify my point of this thread: I am only wanting books that are not emotionally fueled that are about transgenderism. Against or in support, it doesn't matter.

I'm not from /pol/, I'm not trying to start a shit flinging >implying "debate" or a hugparty.

To give you an idea of my standpoint, I myself a few years ago was actually "trans". I came out to my family, my counselor, was even kicked out. I took hormones, dressed feminine, etc... but after I while I came to accept that I was simply, as I said in the op, lacking confidence in myself so much that I tried to create a reason for it. I couldn't accept that I was a man that simply did things that is usually exclusive for women. I still do some of these things but I don't deny my gender or try and create labels. I'm simply, myself. So if you could, leave the /pol/ and inflamatory responses at the door.

It's just a dumb fashion trend similar to emokids that got political for no good reason. These people won't breed, so their stupidity will safely vanish within one generation

Twitter search "biological essentialism"

some trans people would probably argue that you are infact still transgendered because gender is a social construct and you are defying those social constructs and therefore remaining in a trans state

why would you be against someone doing whatever he fucking wants with his own body?

Of course that's nazi. If you can't detect why, i am sorry about you.

but u trolling

it is just that after so many years trolling you forgot that you started that like a joke and you ended actually believing it

is sad

internet sometimes is very sad

It is difficult for a transgender person to write a book about transgenderism and not being too emotional.

It is difficult for a person who is not transgender to write a book about transgenderism.

The people who are not transgender and nevertheless write a book about it is usually anti-transgenderism; and that's why they write such a book.

I hope it helped you to understand why either they are emotionally fueled or they are /pol/tier.

DSM V

now listen you queer, stop calling me a crypto fascist or I'll sock you in the god-damned face and you'll stay plastered

>I am only wanting books that are not emotionally fueled
LEAVE YOU FUCKING HEATHEN

That's exactly why I came and asked. I know writing a book or article on this topic while remaining centrist per se or writing from a neutral perspective would be difficult. Few books probably fall within this area.

let me put it this way OP, no normal person who is right in the head would provoke national protest and debate because they don't like the sign on the door of the room where they take a shit.

/thread

This

I hace no problem with trans peopke doing whatever they want with their body but all that stuff about the "72+ genders" and the muh pronouns issue it's just irrational bullshit

What was segregation.

NEXT

Wut?
How does my comment link with segregation?

>let me put it this way OP, no normal person who is right in the head would provoke national protest and debate because they don't like the sign on [the fountain where they drink water]

>I support people mutilating themselves because they think they're the wrong gender
You are deluded.

Transgender is not 'I am neither gender', it is the TRANSITION of gender you dense fucktard. Transition from ONE (one) sex to the other ONE (one). Aside from a tiny percent of the population born as hermaphrodites, there is no other gender beyond male/female.
Gender Dysphoria is a legitimate medical and (largely) mental illness for which transitional operations and hormone therapy are final, irreversible options.
Being 'agender' or 'nonbinary' or 'demi-horsecock' are fashion statements at best, and delusions of those with far more complex societal issues or mental health problems at best.

Identity is a meaningless subjective facet of vapid people with no real personality and not worth wasting your time trying to understand, because everyone's playing by made up rules and the points don't matter.

Dude, theres only like two genders, if you have a penis your a boi (male) if you have a vagina, a girl (female). Just because one day you dress a little femenine or were the long hair doesnt mean SHIT. Stop being a faggot, buy a Veeky Forums t-shirt and go to the bar and talk with a woman, yezz..

Can you read? Where did it say in op that there are more than two genders/sexes? It's explicitly against that thought process.

That's an idiotic false equivalence

>Hey hey, mechanical engineering undergrad here
Lmaoooo

>ad hominem because he has no actual argument
Hehey lmaaaaaoooooooooo

>at least in a way, sick.
Didnt foucault destroy his argument just as aids did with him?

>I'm simply, myself.
Congratz you dont let gender define your identity, you are gender queer/non-binary.

they wouldn't if the fountains were the same

the bathrooms are the same one just has urinals.

Why bother creating a label at all? Why does gender queer or non-binary need to even be a thing? Its pointless. Its merely a label they created so they can try and fit in with all the other people that try to earn sympathy points for being different and oppressed.

>it's a dumb autist thinks every discussion online is a formal debate
Typical low IQ MechE ctfuuuuuuuu

>I want to extend state sovereignity to other people's body
this is pretty totalitarian indeed, my friend. I'd even go as far to say as pretty nazi of you.

Buckley was awesome.

>Congratz you dont let gender define your identity, you are gender queer/non-binary.
this is bit right? I refuse to believe there are people on Veeky Forums who believe this.

Aren't Nazis the ones getting BTFO these days like your boi spencer?

If Spencer is a holocaust denier, why did he use the term "Holocaust Center" to erroneously refer to the concentration camps? That's the opposite of denying things you sperg