This needs to stop. "lang is a meme" is a huge meme itself, with no argument foundation behind it...

This needs to stop. "lang is a meme" is a huge meme itself, with no argument foundation behind it. Noone seemed to actually explain why his "Basic math" or "Algebra" books are memes, except poor shitposting.

Other urls found in this thread:

math.brown.edu/~treil/papers/LADW/LADW.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pic related is also a meme

Why?? What's bad about the content of the book? Could you recommend an alternative?

But Lang is a meme, he is one of the worst authors in all of mathematics.

>dude fuck determinants lmao

>What's bad about the content of the book?
The author completely avoids determinates until the end of the book. It's like he had a traumatic experience with determinates. In the real world, everyone uses determinates. pic related

Holy shit I was the OP of that thread. I got both textbooks and i really like the complex analysis one. I havent looked at the algebra one that much but it seems pretty decent

>determinate
better be ESL

It's not the best choice as a foundation for abstract algebra. You'll have to relearn many definitions. It's an analyst's view of linear algebra, but the said analyst was molested by a determinant.

So that's the best alternatives to it? Maybe "Linear Algebra and it's applications"?

Linear Algebra Done Wrong is freely available online from the author's webpage
math.brown.edu/~treil/papers/LADW/LADW.html

Why is Rudin (a meme) that far down your image?

algebra is a meme

Lang is a meme

Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces by Halmos
not a meme, that is a guarantee

Linear Algebra Done Wrong by Treil

Finite Dimensional Vector Spaces by Halmos (Dover Books)
Linear Algebra by Friedberg, Insel, and Spence
Linear Algebra by Shilov (Dover Books)
Linear Algebra by Hoffman and Kunze

Linear Algebra in Action by Dym
Linear Algebra and Geometry by Kostrikin and Manin
Linear Algebra and Its Applications by Lax
Advanced Linear Algebra by Roman

>Linear Algebra and it's applications

There's like a dozen books with this title dude.

Lang's complex analysis is a very good book. Alfohrs' was much harder to read.

That's because Ahlfors' book is graduate level. That doesn't mean he isn't a good expositor. I learned complex analysis from Brown and Churchill mainly and supplemented with Ahlfors if I didn't understand something and wanted it explained differently, or if I wanted to go into more depth.

我們的舌頭是米姆

>Noone seemed to actually explain
Peter Noone explained that "no one" is two words.

>That's because Ahlfors' book is graduate level
He covers more or less the same topics as Lang

112亿吨的幸运发家的名字:西蒙的舌头是英国

十|〇>〢X〢=〢X〢

half of those books require a semester or two of abstract algebra

Never read Lang (stop reading here if you want) but he covers more or less the same topics (well, except the applications) in the Brown and Churchill book too which is undergrad level. Ahlfors just goes into more detail where possible (and additional subject matter beyond a first course in complex analysis).