Why do people become manchildren? Why do they read genre fiction, play video games, watch Star Trek and anime, cosplay?

Why do people become manchildren? Why do they read genre fiction, play video games, watch Star Trek and anime, cosplay?
How does modern philosopher explain it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DydIK14AvXI
youtube.com/watch?v=5N6SvSszHeQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cuz it's comfy and all most people really want is to be comfy, fat, and stupid.

Isnt it funny how most, if not all, manchildren are fedora-tier?
They also universally look the same.

It's the easier path and there is no reason to not take it

In the past you had war and religion but in a society where living is so easy, why try?

bad parenting
and
consumer culture that feeds into fandom/collector mindsets

we end up worshiping something

A big reason for things like star wars and Harry Potter being popular among manchildren is that these guys put their autism points into the wrong subjects. If these same nerds focused their autistic energy on real life lore, history, culture, and etc., then they would probably lead more fulfilling lives.

>tfw you own that exact NERF sword

I just like to sometimes grip it and feel a sense of purpose. Am I a manchild, Veeky Forums?

it's okay we all do the same thing bro

Me on the right

And what is the alternative?

You do know that the great US strikes of 1919 was the workers wanted to afford consumer goods and stuff?

That mean that we must have a great overhaul of our economy and educational systems. Stiff work...

And besides, fanboyism is older than you think...

Manchildren grip a nerf sword and feel a sense of purpose. Men grip a rifle and feel a sense of duty. Make a change in your life.

The only remedy is an authoritarian state

Mobile Suit Gundam is objectively more patrician than 90% of your shitty books.

Literally debate me.

Same reason you repost deleted threads, I imagine OP.

Star trek (TNG) is the comfiest show ever made. I think it's the engine hum in the background.

>the engine hum in the background.
holy shit yes. it soothes me like nothing else.

because if you're a normie and spend most of your time in contact with other humans you don't get the time nor inclination to self-reflect and realize how barren your cultural landscape is. You're too busy being thrilled about how lush your social landscape is.

Look at these people, they have friends, gfs. I would replace half my classics shelf with YA if it meant being looked at by girls like that goofy kid in the back of is

>Why do people become manchildren
I'm going to guess it's because they don't like the stress and responsibility that comes with being an adult. They hide under the covers with something familiar and nostalgic. Publishers of this shit knows about aging demographics and often re-release things originally meant for children with more adult themes. Consumer culture also adds to this. Despite their flaws, these manchildren often can get jobs in tech (as someone working for a tech company full of manchildren, trust me it happens all the time.) Suddenly even a modest income makes all kinds of collectible consumer trash affordable-- if you make $45k a year and are an introverted dweeb, you'll have plenty to drop on $150 collector's editions of games or $300 sword prop replicas.

These people also crave friendship, but rather than seeking out a diverse and wide group of friends, they just go for people they know. They form these awful groups where everyone has shared interests in comics/video games/animu and never branch out, and become even more stunted as people. These are the types of people who complain about how hard it is 'to adult,' but make every appreciable effort to seem as childish as possible.

>these manchildren will be raising their own children in just a few years' time

i don't see any manchildren in your pic OP, just looks like a group of people having fun hanging out with each other.

i think the manchild might be the one comparing other people's interests with their own "superior" interests to feel better about themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=DydIK14AvXI

Being an adult is just a spook.

In my university there's a guy who never takes off his Star Wars T-shirt and I somehow feel sorry for him

Repetitive, just like your reposts

I blames gaming. Games are so easy compared to real life, they teach you that, in the game world, if you do precisely the right actions at the right time, you will always win and succeed. The more time you spend playing games the less patience you have with real life, so you reject the real world where you have to struggle, where the rules are unclear and you don't get a reward every time you advance, there's no clearly displayed points or health or other stats, it's all too hard. So they remain childish.

Spoken like one of those manchildren.

yall are too judgmental. these people are just living their lives, doing what they enjoy. hell, i'd wager that they're happier than the vast majority of Veeky Forums.

this guy gets it

>someone wrote this earnestly

My sides.

>someone doesn't understand that there are things worth fighting for regardless of what you believe
I would pity you if I thought you were worth thinking about.

don't immediately bring the gun into that conversation of fighting for your beliefs.
it's fedora-tier is what he's saying.

being happy for plebs

I kind of like being alone, most of the time. I find people "difficult" and have a hard time relating to them. I just don't know what they want me to say to them, or how to make them want to spend time with me. It's like people are these unfathomable wells and I drop a plumb line into them, and have very little idea of what the echoes coming back up to me mean.

Once affordable sex robots hit the market I'll have it made in the shade.

The gun is the only way to fight for your beliefs. To reword my statement, if you believe in democracy and peaceful protest, I would pity you if I thought of you at all.

People mostly follow the path of least resistance.
Eventually, when a critical mass of a certain kinds of people is reached, certain lifestyles become mainstream and accessible.

There is no real pressure from society for these people to become "better", they can function just fine in this system, as long as they pay taxes and don't cause trouble.

seems like your trying to dictate what is the right way to live. Why are people always looking to shit on some other group as if to feel reassured about themselves and thus superior? its extremely sad.
The joy of not caring and doing what you enjoy is what being a man is all about, your own respect is all you should care about and if you can honestly look in that mirror and say I like you then nothing else matters. YOU dictate your own happiness/ your own values/ reality, don't let others do that for you.

>The only remedy is an authoritarian state
Gee, I didn't see that comming...

>no gf
>crippling loneliness
>usually abuse/trauma of some sort
>>psychological regression to childhood

manchildren

FPBP.

This is probably bait, but I see a lot of people who think like this.

How do I follow the harder path, path of most resistance, if I'm weak. It's like a vicious circle.

TOS is better in literally every way.

>le 'literature is an arbitrarily superior medium' meme
You're all actual children.

I call it Infantlisim. Smartphones and social media allowed the growth of this horrendous phenomenon, now rather than facing reality and developing their own personalities they'd rather just live in a pathetic bubble with the only retort being MUH CHILDHOOD used to shout against the world who poke legit criticisms in their failed philosophies. These are people who have sold their souls for manufactured personalities and are nothing more than real life bots for companies like Disney to meme in real life how great the new Star Wars or Marvel shit fest was, they are the generation of "like what the media is pushing; rather than like what you genuinely like".

Capitalist pigs

>even the dog is fat

I like it. Thats something I can stand for. The men who live by this are the men who change things, men who can be respected.

Can someone explain this psy-op to me? I keep seeing this posted in /pol/ and now here

Does the guy with the DS have downs or something?

>anything that hits too close to home and triggers me is a psy-op okay

Goofy kid at the back is getting pushy because he's tall and handsome my dude. No amount of YA and common interests will change that for you

No need for modern philosophy to explain it. It's just Americans and their identity problems. They crave for something to show on the outside

Someone should write the Super Size me equivalent but with Capeshit and Video Games damaging people beyond repair.

He got princess mmm yeaaah. I want to smell her unwashed hair mmmmm.

What makes us not manchildren? The flavor of words we read?

It doesn't "damage you beyond repair". People live this lifestyle quite comfortably.

It's a matter of differing tastes

ITT: failed normies making fun of themselves

You'd have to be mentally damaged beyond repair to enjoy Capeshit or MCU movies. It always seems to attract the most deranged and autistic individuals.

samefag starter kit threads that exist since the dawn of Veeky Forums

*blocks your path*esque endgame dust has settled

instead of progressing and learning, too much to ask

allegory of the cave
brain in the vat
simulacra and simulacrum

>pseud hivemind claim

mild, thinly disguised raids which are also a tradition since 2003

I think he meant commodity fetishism, not consumer goods alone.

>"like what the media is pushing; rather than like what you genuinely like".
i think you're looking into it too much. sure, there are people like that, but i've found that those types are usually very normal and well-adjusted, spending their times at their jobs and with their well-adjusted friends, so much so that they don't bother developing a deep interest in any one thing. so when a movie gets hyped up by the media and on social media, they go out and see it. whereas in the OP's picture, you have a gathering of people with very specific interests, who are likely not as "normal" as the majority, thus easy targets for people on Ukrainian stamp-collecting forums to make fun of.

i have friends who get excited for Marvel/Star Wars stuff, but it doesn't mean they're interested in just any movie that gets hyped and popular—they just really like Marvel and/or Star Wars.

If you repeatedly tell a kid throughout his life that he should just do whatever makes him feel happy regardless of whether it's morally correct he might just start living like that. So long as it doesn't "hurt anyone." It shouldn't surprise you that people are hedonistic.

Could be some genuinely care about these specific movies but it's gone nothing more than simple entertainment to a spectacle for them now. You pretty much don't have to watch or read any of the material but you can hear about them via word of mouth, I think a lot of people just like them as a comfort since they are popular things and if you go against the popular things you won't be seen as being part of the current zeitgeist and would need mental reassurance. They only care about these things as a coping mechanism because they are popular and if they like them then maybe they will be popular and important too, see the whole Youtuber's phenomenon.

i agree, but like i said in my post, it's usually very well-adjusted and successful people who are like that, not the type that are in the OP post.

You could say these people are inauthentic and aren't living they're lives correctly.

I'm not like the people in ops pic but i'm a NEET and have been for a while.

Bad parenting contributes a lot but mainly I just lost interest in life and the world. When I was 18 the financial crisis happened and it became clear how corrupt and broken everything is, I just lost interest in life.

And people say eugenics is a bad thing...

These people should be compulsorily enrolled in a military boot camp or an intensive 12 week gym programme.

If there's no meaningful improvement in their ugly, corpulent appearance, they can then be shot.

With the discipline required to become physically fit in a meaningful way, they should easily grow out of these childish past-times/fandoms/mindsets/etc.

Boomers pushing responsibilities on their children which leads to shitty fucking adult life that prompts these people towards escapism with the help of nostalgia, finding recluse towards consumer culture that caters towards fanbase.

Would unironically fug the girl on the right

You first.

I'm unironically /fitlit/

A military boot camp or 12 week intensive gym programme would be less intense than my 5 days/week +weekend cardio workouts.

>These people should be compulsorily enrolled in a military boot camp or an intensive 12 week gym programme.
China does this (though not technically compulsory) and it doesn't work.

Also, there are plenty of physically fit people who enjoy video games or are even straight up weebs. You're judging people from their pictures, ultimately revealing more about yourself than anything else.

>China does this (though not technically compulsory) and it doesn't work.

[Citation Needed]

>Also, there are plenty of physically fit people who enjoy video games or are even straight up weebs

[Citation Needed]

Protip: Skinny lanklet is hardly any better than morbidly obese.

>You're judging people from their pictures

Mankind is now mature enough to judge people on the basis of their physiognomy. There is no Cartesian Dualism between mind and body - both are one. Ergo, an ugly and/or unhealthy body says a great deal about the mind.

whats a good starterpack

I did /r/bodyweightfitness's thing for a while with the app but got bored after a few weeks

>every single girl in that image is as fat as a pregnant sow
>every single male is derpy looking

Your best bet is probably to go for the gym programme option. Ideally one with a personal trainer to give you guidance with respect to form and meal plans/etc.

6-12 weeks is usually long enough to let you go on your own way.

b-but they look happy user...they truly enjoy life!

>[Citation Needed]
Yeah, you need lots of hard evidence to prove that countries with compulsory military service produce weebs and gamers, it's totally unbelievable.

try google. i'd rather not write a fucking research paper for you.
again, you're revealing more about yourself than anything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=5N6SvSszHeQ
obligatory

i think a moderate portion of it comes from the reduction of reward and respect that used to come from success.
in the modern day where the successful are constantly labelled as "privileged" and are hounded by people attempting to strip them of their achievements there is ultimately less drive to succeed.
when media portrays the successful young man as "evil whitey" or whatever equivalent disrespectful term.
this is reflected in the home situation, in a world where the law gives women the ability to strip a man of the majority he has acquired at the drop of a hat there is again less reason to pursue these things.
the successful family head used to be a well respected member of the community, once stripped of the respect and material reward these things once accompanied there really isn't much reason to pursue traditional 'success'
this is to not even touch on the fact that a large part of the male success drive is to attract a high quality female, however most are quite fucked in the head these days and not worth the investment for a long term relationship .
this is not to say these fat losers would be successful, but surely is applicable to some who fail to utilise potential.

thats why you buy cryptos

>this is not to say these fat losers would be successful, but surely is applicable to some who fail to utilise potential.
hate to break it to you, but most of these fat losers go on to the STEM field, get nerdy girlfriends, and go on to have fairly normal lives, even if their hobbies will always be vidya and weeb shit. sure, you get the occasional NEET lumped in with them, but NEETs are in every social group nowadays.

>nerdy girlfriends

These niggas at least have friends and a crew they fuck with

That's more than I can say for myself, who sits at a computer procrastinating on Veeky Forums and sometimes I get work done

well, there are some hot ones, at least from what i've seen. keep in mind that the definition of nerd has significantly broadened.

I bet you're like that guy from Nausea and read every book in the library in alphabetical order

>implying the novel where Amuro dies to a random Rick Dom and keeps a lock of Saylas pubes isn't the best way to experience the

Veeky Forums always wins dweeb

i think you are wrong, i am currently in STEM and it really isn't what you think
then again i'm doing engineering in Australia, 90% of it is Asians or very normal white males. the most common types of hobbies i see are things like cars and sports. the reality is if you're a disgusting loser its very low chance that you're intelligent enough to make it in STEM.
intelligent people are actually usually intelligent in all branches of life including social interaction, these neck beards are lazy and not really very smart

Who is the girl left to Pokémon Sun? Eli from Love Live! ?

Why is she wearing a gas mask ?

As weird as it sounds, it's one of my biggest fetishes.

you get can get those for like $5 of some surplus site, old ass Russian mask

Sure thing, but it wouldn't come to my mind to wear it in public, not to say in presence of my friends.

i did STEM for 3 years in the US. i'm not saying that everybody in STEM is some autistic neckbeard, just that autists are more likely to end up in STEM, and i knew plenty that would fit into the OP picture (though maybe they wouldn't be as ugly as the rest).

also, i always envision Australia as a very Chad-dominated place, like where everybody is good looking and amazing. i don't know how true that is though.

They're all convict scum, off course they're going to look like Chads

How do you people find this this?

>I'm unironically /fitlit/
kill yourself