Are there any good Orthodox writers that aren't russian?

Are there any good Orthodox writers that aren't russian?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/asia/mps/index.htm
eprints.iliauni.edu.ge/114/1/In the final analysis, what is this ‘Knight in the Panther’s Skin’.pdf
espresso.repubblica.it/opinioni/la-bustina-di-minerva/2010/11/26/news/rustaveli-chi-era-costui-1.26172
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yEl9kI2Aluw&t=107s
goodreads.com/author/show/372641.Christos_Yannaras
libgen.io/search.php?&req=yannaras&phrase=1&view=simple&column=def&sort=language&sortmode=ASC
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=4A414B17D126DAAF609D70DDFF8245F5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Serbs and Greeks.

Maybe I should have rec'd something more specific. I read The Mountain Wreath, it was mentioned here often. It's an epic written as a play. Was breddy gud desu.

Gogol

I think Bishop Kallistos Ware and Timothy Ware are Greek Orthodox.

Georgians

sacred-texts.com/asia/mps/index.htm
Orthodox Christianity + Pseudo-Dionysius + Plato + little Aristotle + some Eastern philosophy.

eprints.iliauni.edu.ge/114/1/In the final analysis, what is this ‘Knight in the Panther’s Skin’.pdf Little intorductory text

espresso.repubblica.it/opinioni/la-bustina-di-minerva/2010/11/26/news/rustaveli-chi-era-costui-1.26172 Eco about Bloom's canon and Rustaveli

>Bishop Kallistos Ware and Timothy Ware
I hope you realize they're the same person.

Lack of Orthodox rituals: why Elon Musk will inevitably fail.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yEl9kI2Aluw&t=107s

goodreads.com/author/show/372641.Christos_Yannaras
this guy is a philosophy professor who has written extensively on dogmatic issues of the Orthodox Church and differences between East and West.
His Alphabet of Faith is a pretty good summarization of basic orthodox doctrine

try libgen.io for english translations

Here you go
libgen.io/search.php?&req=yannaras&phrase=1&view=simple&column=def&sort=language&sortmode=ASC

Person and Eros was a pretty great read. He argues about how according to Orthodox dogma Truth can be approached only through a relation with another consciousness, opposite to western thought which has a more solipsistic point of view (think Rationalism for example)

This is bait.

underrated

Brother Nathanael.

Philip Sherrard for poetry and literature, and for theology Zizioulas

rod dreher

David Bentley Hart is great. "Atheist Delusions" is excellent despite the title.

rod please go

is shota rustavel worth reading in english. i know goergian is a very different language

Sadly, there is no good translation which includes footnotes, but it's better than nothing.
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=4A414B17D126DAAF609D70DDFF8245F5