What kind of food or product carts or trucks do you think would work in a very hip town that already has a bunch of...

what kind of food or product carts or trucks do you think would work in a very hip town that already has a bunch of bars and restaurants? as well as a giant park and several live event venues

the town has only been safe / gentrified for a year or two, but there's so much new investment that it's growing fast.

I don't have money for a food truck. just a cart or stand.

Other urls found in this thread:

mscheezious.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Döner Kebap.

Toast

americanos and empanadas

i think you may be on to something......

alright well everyone is health conscious as fuck these days but IN SPITE of that they want to eat junk food

so you have to find some delicious junk food (burger/fries/pizza whatever) but market it as healthy

actually, there's an empanada empire in the area.

We've had like 3 food trucks selling gyros pop up in the last couple of years.
I really want some sort of chinese food truck that sells shit like fried rice and orange chicken.

There are burger chains in Germany that market with low carb burgers (salad leaves instead of buns) and a good amount of veggie items.

>Döner Kebap.
Those are turkish right?
I love them

Personally I've loved the idea of marketing Indian food in taco form. Make an assortment of dishes and just place on a mini roti or naan and boom, Indian street tacos.

I like the idea of Chinese bowls from a cart too.

I know in some areas there are carts doing good business in basically just korean stuffed dumplings called "mandu" (만두; 饅頭). There are a huge variety of fillings and even a soup using them. I've never met an american who didn't like them (at least my wife's versions). The great thing is they can be made ahead of time and frozen.

Döner, ramen or healthy shit like falaffels, big ass salads with "power foods" (think chia seed toppings and mango dressing) and fresh juices with all the weird stuff like maca in it.

Pretty much anything that's fast, filling and portable.
Don't worry about healthy, food trucks are viewed as an indulgence. The majority of your customers will be people that are out having fun and are probably at least a little drunk. I've seen three cities go through food truck booms and the vast majority of trucks were not health food oriented in the slightest.

Id buy anything that goes well with my coffee.
usually its carby stuff.

Anything cultural or foreign. Sri Lankan tea, Polish perogis, Great Plains cuisine, whatever... The more exotic it sounds, the more demand it will create

I might agree, but this is a town where you have your upscale hip locals (most likely people with weekend homes) and your downmarket concert goers.

You would be fucked if the local hipsters find out you are culturally appropriating that food.

What kind of food do YOU want to make, OP?

sadly, I'm not passionate about making any particular foods. I like the idea of pickles as much as any food.

Meme food.
Always meme food.

Pic kinda related. The place that made these had an amazing ramen shop with great bowls but the ramen burgers on the menu have become so successful at music festivals and food fairs that the regular ramen shop is hardly even open anymore.

fusion something something

>chinese
Better be careful making stuff that isn't from your own culture, first scan the neighborhood for possible social justice warriors.

Just incorporate with an ethnicity challenged sounding name...

i'd go straight to craigslist looking for "people who understand chinese language and culture.....and like to cook"

Hot dogs.
Nobody sells them anymore and a good quality dog is the perfect drunk food, especially because you can sell at a low price and still make profit

Steal this guys idea

mscheezious.com

You're welcome op

Then you might want to consider a different career.

Fuck me I am glad indent live in portland anymore. The sad thing is a guarantee all these sjws complaint about a restaurant like this are the same fucking people raising the rents in poor neighborhoods and only go to trendy Mexican restaurants made by third generation brown people who've never even set foot in mexico.

you are in rochester aren't you

no, but I'm sure several places fit my general description. My place has more tourism than most.

Being a foreigner in the US, the idea of 'cultural appropriation' is one I don't think I quite grasp.
A Chinese can own and run a sushi place and that's not cultural appropriation but a white owning and running an Indian place is, right? It seems like 'cultural appropriation' runs on the basis that white people doing anything that's 'not white' is evil. Is that so or have I got that wrong?
The whole premise forces me to question what is and what is not 'white' as well as how deep it can go. Can an Irish cook Polish food or would that be cultural appropriation, too? What about all the diners and pizza places in the northeastern US owned by Greeks? Do they commit cultural appropriation with every grease-soaked slice they dole out?

I mean... no one in Singapore gives half a fuck if an Indian cooks Chinese or Malay food and I think that if an Euro or Eurasian were to cook and sell Tamil stuff, people would go just for the novelty of it. But doing so in America makes you a racist or something? I don't understand.

Regulations on stalls/carts are very very limiting most places. If you can heat up anything at all it’s probably just hotdogs.

you've reminded me that one thing that is becoming common in NYC is that Chinese take-out restaurants (run by chinese) are also doing Tex-Mex. or some skip the chinese food and just do the tex-mex, if the neighborhood already has chinese.

It's okay for Chinese to do it because we arr rook same, friend.

It's not actually that big of a deal. For every story like that, there a dozens of restaurants and food trucks that don't get protested because they just serve good food and don't say stupid shit on social media.
Little shit storms like that crop up because blogs need to boost their traffic once in a while for ad revenue.
I've been to Portland many times, there are plenty of white people selling non-white food.

Nah, a lot of cities are being more accommodating to food trucks and carts these days. Restaurants already had a low survival rate and after the economy shit the bed they got worse. Food trucks have a lower start up and operating cost and are likely to stick around longer.
Seattle fought food trucks for a long time. When I first moved their in the early 2000s there were hot dog carts, a handful of taco trucks and one guy selling falafel in Georgetown. After brick and mortar restaurants started dropping like flies, people successfully lobbied for new mobile food rules and food trucks took off. A fair number of food trucks even grew into full restaurants, too.

>tfw stuck in portland for another year.

Gotta love it when you're called a white supremacist by a white person (I'm non white) for not sharing the same opinion as them.

We Chinese don't mind. Food need to evolve innovate too you know.

The idea of cultural appropriation in general is just a screen for people to attack whites for made up bullshit. The people pushing it are almost always white guilt ridden liberals because, as you say, the people whose culture is being "appropriated" tend to not give a fuck. They often welcome it because they consider any spread of their culture to be a positive thing regardless of who is spreading it.

Basically, leftists are mentally ill and live in a world where whites both have no culture and are committing a hate crime if they try to participate in the cultures of any of the races that do have cultures. So an Irish cooking Polish food would be fine, since they're both "white" and "whites" have no culture to be appropriated. Greeks can cook Italian food if they want because, like racism, it's totally cool as long as whites aren't the perpetrators. Vietnamese cooking hamburgers is fine, but god forbid a hipster see a white male cooking Vietnamese food.

Best move is to just ignore them. The people who care about this stuff are seriously unhinged.

>You can't keep stealing someone's culture, not compensate them and...

Shit, I make burritos for lunch all the time. Where do I send the compensation check?

Sounds legit.

>don't mind me, I'm just paranoid as fuck that muh boogeymen leftists are going to break into my mom's basement and catch me spooging into my anime doll.

Dude I'd legit keep a pierogi truck in buisness by myself. I love pierogies.

hmmmmmm
Sounds like a personal problem

it's extremely funny that you can make your twitter name anal tech spokesman and newspapers will print it

Welcome to the social media age. It is a funny yet terrifying time to be alive.

Vegan street food.

You'll make shitloads of money, because people will think it's healthy, it'll be trendy for a while yet, and you just have to load it up with sugar and shit to make it delicious.

Thanks, but social Justice doesn't really care about what you think. They'll just claim it's internalized -whatever- and still scream in your name whether you like it or not. I doubt the Mexican ladies from the story cared even the slightest that some gringas went out and started a stand in Portland.

The numbers don't lie.