So, Socrates was told by an Oracle he was the wisest of all men

So, Socrates was told by an Oracle he was the wisest of all men

And Socrates concludes this is because he knows he knows nothing.

BUT

He *knows* he is the wisest of all men

What a cuck fraud

philosophy BTFO

How can Greekfags ever recover?

It was a subtle way to call everyone a brainlet. He told everyone he knew nothing and btfo out of everyone so when he told them what the Oracle said they would kys themselves.

>ITT: kids and brainlets who didn't get it

What if everything is nothing and he is saying that he knows "nothing" which, in effect, is code for saying that he knows everything?

What if you're a fag?

Honestly, I think he's just saying he "knows nothing" in the sense that he can identify the concept of "nothing," i.e., he knows when someone is bullshitting him. Nobody could know everything.

Bear in mind we are talking about the words of a fictional character created by Plato.

It can't. We'd better consider a better place to start with than the Greeks.

Pseud

Pseud

Pseud

I bet that old faggot would've voted for Hillary and probably been a LGTBQ as well. What a fucking kek

He probably would've just killed himself if he lived in the present day desu

It was basically him calling out the pseuds of his day, challenging people to admit how little they really know.

How little you understood Plato, then.

The only sensible answer ITT. Where the sophists were busy engineering codes for interpreting, complincating, and minsunderstanding reality, Socrates was saying hey man the only truth I am certain of is I don't know anytheng for cerstain and I should approach each problem with fresh eyes and a willingness to accept defeat. He zen'd the fuck out of some buttmad Greeks.

get a job

He would have done the exact thing he did in Athens here, and probably get the same treatment.

>and probably been a LGTBQ
PROBABLY?

user, he spends a considerable amount of time shitting on straight people.

Whenever I read about him, I feel like Socrates never said what he really thought. He only implied and showed off his cleverness.
Which, I suppose, isn't too bad a way to live life because it got him laid with Alcibiades who was basically the most desired boy in Athens.

Socrates was not told by the oracle. An acquaintance of Socrates was, who then relayed the story to him.

Further, Socrates doesn't understand what it meant until he visits and talks to many people he believes to be wiser than himself,and only then comes to that conclusion when he sees their ignorance.

He literally says all this in the Apology, which you would know if you had read it.

Please read Plato and Aristophanes before posting again.
Please read Plato before posting again.

'my dick bigger than yours' somehow abrupts the socrateanirony into the supermyasmallsoul.
nigga, don't make me write it all again.

No.

If you weren't such a fucking pseud, you would know that that quote isn't referring to all fields of knowledge, but exclusively to the cosmological philosophy. This is because all presocratics were interested in determining the cause of the universe and Socrates, after initially being interested in them, called on their bullshit because their statements were neither provable nor relevant to the life of the individual man. He instead preached to do a introspection to achieve a personal virtue.

I thought this was some babby's tier facts for crying out loud.

Dubs confirm.

Modern day Socrates would try and preach the examined life, and modern day youth would ignore him. Or worse yet, beat him, steal from him. He might manage to get a few followers but they'd be only a few.

Its funny how many people want to shit on Socrates but have never read a single word of the Greeks.

Like holy shit enjoy your ignorance but do it on some other board.

It is lol, we just have sub100 IQ retards, and a lot of them. I don't know why they came here, but they seem intent on making threads about the Greeks having no understanding of them.