When did you realize that Nietzsche's philosophy is just an expression of his own self-deluding megalomania and...

When did you realize that Nietzsche's philosophy is just an expression of his own self-deluding megalomania and superiority complex?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DapNJOXBx2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Right now

Before I even read him.

Just now.

>Comparing Nietzsche to Trump
Cool stupidity, bro.

Please no bully Neechee

His mental breakdown was because the whipping of the Turin horse repudiated everything he ever wrote, it exposed his fraudulence to himself.

When I read his Wikipedia entry

>your position is an ad hominem

wew

But that never happened user, he did ate his poopoo though which is in line with his smug philosophy

its pronounced nis(e)

>self-deluding
>superiority complex

its NEET-Chan

neetchuh

>using 'ghost stories', magic, ghosts, spooks, 'it's just', arbitrary, merely, only, humane, childish, mature... to impose your desired view unto the world.
Do you people not see irony?

megalomaniacs usually dont have a "positivistic middle phase"

Isn't he like a proto-autist?

Was the story of him going to a brothel and playing piano instead cos he was too embarrassed true?

>Autism didn't exist until invented.
We should end surveillance in order to tell who people really are.

>Chan
His honorific is at least "sama" if not "Sensei"

I meant proto-/r9k/, cocksucker.

So was he or was he not?

Actually all I see is a yearning (and failure) to replace the christian values that he lost.

Elaborate. What's your view of the ubermensch and the last man? What do they represent?

>impose

I thought this for a long time, and then I read his work.

Not him, but his opus is just another redemptive myth. He's not an incinerator of Christian idols, he's the automated recycling facility.

Nietzsche is a fucking joke, no wonder he's so widely read.

Typical christurd butthurt

> reading nietzsche for his writings about christianity

shut up Béla

From the very first sentence

The funny part is Nietzsche's philosophy actually encompasses all criticism of him, he foresaw/understood that some people wouldn't care for his ideas at all because they were too shallow for it or just different kinds of people, and that others would try to smugly denigrate him out of ressentiment. His work is so self-aware and so deep that it can't be hurt, you may think you're making good criticisms of it but his work is already beyond what you think of it. Because he was his own best critic. People think his work is incredibly serious, too, and it's really not, it actually tends more towards humor (even self-effacing humor) a lot of the time.

IMO, Nietzsche's philosophy and psychology, (he was pretty much an acute psychologist in a lot of his writings based on his intuition and insight alone) is underrated, precisely because of how it's associated with edgy teenagers. If we could put away our own emotional bias, we would see that he's an amazing thinker and integral to the history of literature.

All he needed to do was believe in a God, and he would've been solid as a thinker, in my opinion.

you have stiff competition but I think this might actually be the worst post I've ever seen on Veeky Forums

thx.

>Nietzsche was right about literally everything, he foresaw all possible criticisms that anybody could possibly make of him
Nietzcheism is a cult

Kek

This is wrong and you know It, user. But still, i have two major problems with his philosophy:

1. We actively think that after the Death of God humanity would entre a crisis of values. Common, that's not true at all. The human condition don't change that much, blame extreme jornalism of late capitalism and a false sense of history in the common Sense.

2. The arbitrary notion of the übermensch. For all we know, anyone can become one. Even the most despised members of society. This notiom is not at all associated with polítics, its much more of an internal state of mind (Just Like stoicism)

Did I say he was right about literally everything? That's strange, I remember thinking it but I didn't actually type it.

Well, yes, user, you're right, I actually think he was right about literally everything. Not only that, but I'm part of the cult of Nietzscheism and believe in God as well.

1.But people often do experience a crisis of values, they often just stick to what they were told to do because they are not ready to take responsibility for themselves. "God wills it" "It was His plan" etc.

2. So you prefer a world dominated by arbitrary rules rather than freedom with arbitrary patterns? What exactly is the difference between a "despised member of society" and a government that does not listen to it's citizens?

You need to elaborate on these points if you think you've poked any holes in his work.

When he says shit like solitude is good. It's not. Being a loner is horrible.

it's -dono you charla-tan

>/reddit/

>He's not an incinerator of Christian idols, he's the automated recycling facility.

the ubermensch is everyone's future self but in another timeline

ITT the herd

youtube.com/watch?v=DapNJOXBx2M

1. you're one of the rare examples where it would've actually would've been a good idea to denote your post with "sorry for my English"

2. All else retarded about this post aside, your denial of how deeply the death of religion has changed society is indicative enough that you haven't the slightest idea of history yourself. Read Jung, Nietzche, the Bible, and Dostoyevsky, then get back to me on whether the death of God matters or not

elaborate your shitty theory user

Screw you. Stop justifying your loneliness. Nietzsche was a loser that took refuge in egotism. He lived and died miserably.

If you don't want that to happen to you, throw his books in the trash and live a respectable life.

This.

I've been reading the Will to Power, for example, and he devotes quite a large section to criticizing the motivations/intentions of philosophers, despite considering himself to be one himself.

Freud was right when he said that Nietzsche knew himself better than (almost) anyone.

Laughed out loud user

Why does Nietzsche always look so dopey?

>why do mentally ill people look odd
what a mystery