Want to study math

>Want to study math
>am a brainlet
Is there any hope for me? Can work ethic alone get me through?

Depends on how much of a brainlet. Something like a HS dropout shouldn't even bother imo. Post your IQ / SAT / ACT / something equivalent

I don't think those would matter since I bruteforce studied for days on them and did lessons/tutors/extra help and did alright but my IQ is somewhere in the range of 105-115

my iq is from 125 to 135-ish
Am I set to go for math?

You'll need to work AT LEAST 8 hours a day, 7 days a week from now on.

I'm a brainlet but I succeed by working hard. You can do it, the upper limit of math ability, where intelligence starts to weed people out, is far away from where anyone on this board will ever get anyways.

not op but I picked a bunch of liberal arts and design courses at HS now I'm regretting it
am I fucked?
I haven't solved a math problem in 3 years

>be high school edgelord version of me
>studying for act is cheating, just go off knowledge you have
>refuse to study out of principle
>get 32. not bad. 34 on math and sci sections.

Yes, if you have the time and motivation and are free of any mental illnesses or learning disabilities, absolutely. You can even graduate with a hefty GPA if most of your teachers give study guides.

No.

I think that to go into "pure maths" and expect to make a living, or become a professor of note, you have to be something of a prodigy. Otherwise you will be someone teaching calc I to community colleges, or doing boring application stuff.

I was a math major for a while but I didn't have a good grasp on things and had no idea what I was going to do in the future. It's not because I am stupid or "smart but lazy," but I am certainly no genius and didn't have an interest in what a non-Tao type person can do with math. Now I am a geology major and love the science and physics of it.

For reference I have a 35 act, so I'm not a complete retard

One of my friends is a total brainlet but he's top of the class because he studies like a mad man. He is always studying, every single day, every waking moment he is studying and doing exercises.

No. I have tried. Given up and got into medschool.
If you a brainlet with work ethic like me I would suggest the same.

Amazing how Tao can still perpetuate the meme that you don't have to be a genius to become a notable mathematician.

What a bluepilled cunt.

>studying dirt and thinking it's a real science

I find it insulting that Tao, the absolute math genius, thinks he has a right to say that you don't have to be smart to mathematician.

Even if you were to study it, do you want to become teacher or what. Take instead something usefull where money is at, like compsci, and it has some math too

I know a brainlet who had a concussion at a pretty young age. Dumbass never sleeps, but is a pure programming god

>my IQ is somewhere in the range of 105-115
you'll be fine
especially with good work ethic
you really don't need that high of an IQ for maths honestly, it just makes it way easier

Please, tell me your field of study and its commercial applications

if you get tutoring and work really hard.

>studying is cheating
that was my mentality in ELEMENTARY school, you fucking manchild