How's that poke bowl trend comin

How's that poke bowl trend comin

not fucking fast enough

I want that shit so bad but northern Europe is a fucking backwater slumhole when it comes to trends

>around here burgers were trending and pitas are incoming

Explain.

It's still raging hard here in NorCal. Poke bars are fucking everywhere. They even serve it at my favorite shaved snow place now.

there's a poke bros by my local movie theater, i've eaten there, it's alright, not great though

is this deconstructed sushi served five ways gastronomy style?

there's no vinagered rice involved

Sort of. It's a Hawaiian dish that's spread to the mainland, but is basically like chirashi but with more sauces mixed with the fish and more toppings.

I just got hired to a poke bowl place. Never ate there.
Give me advice.

Have had them for a while here in southern california

Don't fuck up people's orders and don't be too stingy with the fish, or they'll just go to another poke place.

they just opened one up in my town in wisconsin, haven't had it yet

Put what the customer wants into a bowl

NYC is awash in it but it's decent quality and affordable.

Great for my macros.

Literally what

I live in podunk nowhere leafland and even I have a place with poke in my town, you've just outed yourself as being a literal woodsdweller

>How's that poke bowl trend comin
>tfw Hawaiians are taking over Veeky Forums
Reeeee

>How's that poke bowl trend comin

Moving in from the coasts. First it was just popping up in L.A. and San Diego, then it hit all the smaller places in the sprawl between them, and now it's sliding into the middle of the country. Slowly but surely. There, it will die on the altar of flyover to make way for the next trend.

vagina sticks

Honestly, its better than kaisenburi, but only if you don't get the gross marinated fish

Didn't know this was a thing, googled it to see if there was one near by, there's like three, the pacific northwest is pretty cool some times.

I like to have mine with a touch of Hawaiian pink salt

>he adds spicy octopus and spicy tuna to his poke
just fucking lol

you only eat rice?

plain maguro and salmon are objectively better than marinated days plus old shit.

fucking christ mainland poke looks like an absolute abomination
you haoles ruin everything

Weird coincidence, I went to a poke place that just opened today. I'll probably go back, is was 3 out of 5, but my guess is they won't be around for long. I do like marinated tuna and rice.

Poorly worded, it opened recently, I went there today.

>implying poke wasn't in the Bay first.
This is why we need two states. Socal is so wrapped up in their own ass, they don't even realize anything else exists.

>raw salmon in poke
And you're implying other ingredients are days old?

>getting this bootyblasted about whether norcal or socal got poke first
>a food everyone knows is from hawaii

Poke bowl in austin serves vinegared rice
Tastes really good

Did you even read that first post? I suggest you learn better comprehension skills.

FUCKING AUSTIN.....always has to fuck everything up.

So he mentioned two cities in California, who cares?

why do people tolerate the "build a bear" style of casual dining, i fucking hate having to talk to some glass eyed dope. As if i know what i want in my fucking poke, what, am i supposed to stand there like a prick asking you the difference between yellowtail and whateverthefuck? fuck you. fuck this shit, fuck chipotle and subway too.

AND ITS ALL IN A BOWL. THEY JUST HEAP IT ON. THERES NOTHING TO IT AND THEY JUST GIVE YOU A SPOON... YEAH HERE YOU GO FATASS GLAD YOU MADE ME WORK FOR MY MINIMUM WAGE, NOW GO TAKE A SEAT AND EAT YOUR PILE OF FISH AND RICE OR TAKE IT STANDING I DONT GIVE A GOD DAMN.

Step aside.

>eating poke with a spoon
fuck is wrong with you?

You should get help

And a little cumin?

He's just mad he has to go to work today

how do you eat it? how do they eat it in hawai?

This seems so unpleasant to eat.

It's surprisingly good for a dumb hipster memefood. I wish they had a location closer to me and not just in Gay Fagcisco and H1B Valley.

>>I want that shit so bad but northern Europe is a fucking backwater slumhole when it comes to trends
Saw poke bowls at Meny here in Norway. Guess it kinda makes sense considering salmon is probably the only thing that's cheap here.

they are everywhere in the NL

If you count only Amsterdam and Rotterdam as the NL, you're right.

Yeah and your Queen bankrupted the country and the family sold the same land to thousands of businesspeople, that's why they took your country, collecting money to pay the debt. Shoots, brah, deems the truth.

Lotsa poke around my area. New places popping up fast. Most of it is pretty shitty poke. It's not that they have bad ingredients or anything, it's just as though the people making it had poke explained to them in bullet point by a hawaiian taxi driver and then decided to throw their own spin on it. Most poke places kinda missed the point, which is to be delicious, fresh, and filling. There is a poke place near me that puts guacamole and chopped white onion on poke over rice. What the fuck. I just want this to accelerate so that the trendy cash grab places die off and the good places live on.

i just don't really go outside

The fuck are you from?
That shit was trending hard here in Sweden this summer.

I can't go a block without encountering one. Could be a worse trend though.

I don't get it.
It's a mess of ingredients piled on top of rice that don't taste good together. The sauces tend to drown out other flavors and you end up eating warm rice coated in the rest of the cold, raw ingredients.
I really don't understand.

It's fish in sauce on rice. Pretty simple concept.

The better concept is just nigiri, not mashed up nigiri with ingredients dreamt up by weebs

>See's guy State his own experience on a trend
>Becomes butt hurt because he doesn't mention his city
>Being so obsessed with being the first in trends
>On a dish that isn't even yours

Why do you insist on bringing shame on us?

It's hawaiian

well, i now hate bowls. and i want to order a bowl, but i cant do it. "i want a bowl of burrito stuff". might as well shoot myself. im diabetic and want to avoid the rice and tortilla, so just meat, avocado, and beans and salsa, and on a plate that seems to fancy. cant do it. maybe ill order in spanish "el bowlo por favor, con meato und beano"

Nigger what are you talking about

I mean you're not wrong

Just fyi, I've posted several times in this thread, and the only exception I take is the fact that SoCal thinks they've reinvented the wheel every other fucking day. So sick of that bullshit.

Agreed. 100%

I don't get why you're so mad about one guy possibly thinking the trend started in a certain place user.

Why do you care?

Curiosity I guess

well, it may be a meme but at least it will get normies to properly appreciate sushi and sashimi by giving them a taste for quality raw fish.

The closest thing I can get to raw fish on rice is chirashi which usually is $18+ or more. I'd kill for a cheap ass poke bowl with salmon. Y'all spoiled as fuck.

made one last month, was damn good.

Google.