What does this mean, that we only are recommended to eat carbs, 0 of which would have to be sugar?

What does this mean, that we only are recommended to eat carbs, 0 of which would have to be sugar?

Beats me, carbohydrates become sugar in the body anyways. Also, who recommends such a thing, proteins and fats are essential

Yes, and carbs are not essential. The liver can make all the carbs the body needs

it means it's delicious, drink up niqqa

>what is glycogen
>what is being able to take a shit
>what is exercise
Carbohydrates are the best source of energy, and high fibre high carb foods are the best foods you can eat when you're very active

Brain works on glucose, if you don't consume glucose you make yourself a brainlet

111% of 300g, not 0g, is 333g.

It's recommended to eat 300g (1200 calories) of carbs per day, based on an average human of a certain size and activity level, 0 of which have to be sugar. That's because the dietary recommendations are still based on the assumption that a high carb, low fat diet is healthy.

Also recommending 25 grams of fibre a day is a joke

Why is it a joke? Is it too little or too much?

It's very little
Dietary recommendations are meant to be attainable, so people with a shitty average diet can eat a bit less shitty. Recommending a proper healthy diet, like doctors do to fat patients, doesn't work.
Getting 300 grams of carbs with only 25g of fibre is horrendous though, really, why does the bar have to be set so low for americans?

Sure but not imperative to our survival, that is just a fact not very logical in modern civ

Also idk if carbs are actually the best source of energy

> based on the assumption that a high carb, low fat diet is healthy.
If the carbs are not sugar this is correct though isn't it? I know abt healthy fats but moderate consumption is enough for that

It's not

Energy is imperative for our survival, and getting it from healthy sources reduces our risk of chronic disease

>but the brain requires glucose
All which the body can synthesize on its own.

You could eat a 100% carnivorous diet without any negative health consequences (assuming you eat the things like liver, kidneys, bone marrow, fat, ect..).
You could even restrict yourself to just one type of animal like ruminant, which would've been the staple of the caveman diet.
Yet vegans need all kinds of different plant based foods, most of which would not have been available to the caveman due to geographical location or because they weren't that nutritious at the time (no selective breeding yet).
Hunter-gatherers? Don't make me laugh. It was pretty much only hunting. Hardly any evidence of plant material in fossilized turds.

We can find even more evidence of this in the gut. The 2 biggest consumers of energy in an animal are the digestive system and the brain. The relative energy consumption of the human brain compared to other animals is humongous, yet the relative consumption of the whole body is the same as others. Why? Just look this pic, take note of their gut. Digesting plants requires tons of energy. Meat and especially cooked meat is really easy to digest, which freed up energy for the brain to grow.

Humans only started eating plants and farming because of the huge success of our species our population increased and game became increasingly rare. Which happened around 20.000 B.C It was a quantity over quality kind of thing.

>But human jaws and teeth aren't that of a complete carnivore
We our teeth to our hands with tools, together with cooking making meat softer allowed for a smaller jaw.

>But surely our body must have adapted to that recent change, no?
Indeed it has. Our brains are now around 250cc smaller than what they were 20.000 B.C. years ago.

You are not a bird. Stop eating seeds.
You are not a cow. Stop eating plant matter.
I pity the brainlet that diverts energy away from the brain to his gut.

sugar is sugar
everything gets converted to glucose

wait
2600 calories per serving
is this the power of america?

Read on ketogenesis

Why does this monstrosity exist???

They "forgot" to list the daily recommended intake of sugar. 263 grams would be close to 1000%

>Hardly any evidence of plant material in fossilized turds
Could you link a paper about ancient human coproliths? not here to argue, just would be very interesting
Also it seems like you're making an appeal to nature when arguing about healthy diets and that's not very Veeky Forumsentific

They didn't. Since the recommended intake of sugar is 0, 263/0 is undefined.

Fiber solves some problems while creating others. The main benefit of eating fruits, vegetables, and whole grains isn't from fiber, but micronutrients, and it's hardest to make an argument for whole grains being better than ones made after polishing off the fibrous exterior (which typically also contains antinutrients).

Fat prevents constipation better than fiber does, without causing flatulence, bloating, messy stools, proliferation of unpredictable gut flora, etc. The whole thing with recommending a lot of fiber goes hand in hand with recommending low fat diets.

>You are not a bird. Stop eating seeds.
>You are not a cow. Stop eating plant matter.
All other primates eat at least plant matter. Humans are primates.

You're completely full of shit. Can you link even a single paper that supports something you enumerated here?

Tarsiers are wholly carnivorous.

We are closest to chimps which eat 98 percent plant matter.

>Tarsiers
I stand corrected about "all" primates. I see from a quick search that this is literally the only counter-example.

i've never managed to fast without being severly fatigued. is it really worth the hassle?

Just go full islam and only eat in the evening

That's why chimps fling shit while we can fling atom bombs.

lol all the humans who worked on the atom bomb ate plant matter. why don't you try this meat-only diet you're so keen on pushing, and report back how you feel?

Have you ever fasted longer than 4 days?
Your eating time is tied into your circadian rhythm. Changing the periods on which you eat is like a jet lag.
I've been doing OMAD for the last semester, I remember the first week being not very pleasant..

Anyway, keto doesn't require fasting. But if you're going to do intermittent fasting you better do keto since you'll get less cravings.

What is ketosis

That looks so american

Wasn't there a dude on /a/ who wanted to drink a bunch of these at once. WHat happened to him?

You forgot the best part.
>Contains crustaceans

>eating carbohydrates from anything but green vegetable sources
kek

> You are not a bird. Stop eating seeds.
You are not a cow. Stop eating plant matter.
I pity the brainlet that diverts energy away from the brain to his gut.

Is that sardonic? You know abt all the healthy fats in seeds, and i won't get started on vegetables..

Why would one NEED 26 grams of sugar that carbs won't cover already

> fruit
I'm a horribly irresponcible person

>Calories 2600
>What does this mean
It means a future of morbid obesity.

>contains soy

>38 grams of protons

brb I found a new post workout bulking shake

You don't need any sugar, it has negative effects at all levels.

My dad eats tons of bread and sugar, saying that low glucose kills brain cells. He's also a physician.

yeah. glucose.

fructose however, different story. and that's what's in a lot of this shit food, in the form of syrups.

I love being able to take a shit.

curious to know what crustaceans they are? I am even thinking it contains bugs but they loopholed it into crustaceans.

>appeal to nature isn't scientific
you're not on Veeky Forums and it very much is senpai

Is this normal to have diarrhea just by drinking 1 liter of apple juice?

I have this!!

probably due to food coloring

An Islamic fast also includes eating in the early morning, user.