The Moon orbits the Earth thanks to the centrifugal and centripetal forces being in equilibrium

>the Moon orbits the Earth thanks to the centrifugal and centripetal forces being in equilibrium

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JalSUkondr8
youtu.be/6Myf7oH0n9g
m.imgur.com/a/8Qfqh
m.imgur.com/a/ve1rN
youtu.be/U9wDxktPx4k
usdebtclock.org/
youtu.be/OmcwW-8CC6E
youtu.be/PQYx_17JHTY
youtu.be/4aQsmpSq3QU
youtu.be/CzyPN8-AbJQ
youtu.be/0aNEuXmGW2Q
metabunk.org/soundly-proving-the-curvature-of-the-earth-at-lake-pontchartrain.t8939/
youtu.be/da6XAzhcn_E
youtu.be/-Ax_YpQsy88
youtu.be/16l31R2-7fE
youtu.be/5WtSTPodQ60
youtu.be/oM5fKcU5ClI
youtu.be/N-vUkZHnjGI
youtu.be/68iWhWJhSvg
lmgtfy.com/?q=what is most powerful natural vacuum
youtu.be/30xqqjosCLQ
youtu.be/YIFYiHGqshc
pbs.twimg.com/media/DQYSNm2XUAEkUIV.jpg
youtu.be/Zr-tNw_s5nM
media.gettyimages.com/photos/lonely-pylon-picture-id93447503
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Lake_Pontchartrain_Fishing_(28127843071).jpg
epa.gov/sites/production/files/2014-07/eebs-potential-pier-site-shoreline.jpg
youtu.be/cy6CFTMnYa4
youtu.be/FXU1wYmSF6g
youtube.com/watch?v=4wVBtYcTnM0
youtube.com/watch?v=nPlNcJ_IC5w
youtube.com/watch?v=NknvYYS6wTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>sun is 93million miles way and orbing the galaxy at half a million mph

What is wrong about that statement?
Besides the retarded units, of course.

To measure the distance of the distance of the sun you'd have to turn it off, then on again, and time how long it'd take for the light to get here, but this also assumes light actually has a speed.

If it's orbiting the galaxy at 500,000+ then the movements of the stars would not be as stable as they are. Parallax cannot explain it because of all of the other supposed movements that the earth is making too.

distance to the sun is measured by bouncing radar off of Venus

I hope you are baiting. Otherwise you are profoundly retarded.
You have no sense of dimensions. On the galactic scale, 500000mph is a slow speed. The angular velocity relative to the center of the galaxy is of less than 2x10^-6 degrees per year.
It takes the Sun more than 200 million years to complete one orbit around the Galaxy.
Do you understand that? Of course you don't.

>distance to sun is measured by measuring something that isn't the distance to the sun

>It takes the Sun more than 200 million years to complete one orbit around the Galaxy.

That's some cool sci-fi. How about some evidence.

What constitutes evidence for a tard like you?

Observable, measurable and repeatable scientific evidence.

You can check basic Newtonian physics doing experiments in your room.
You can then make sense of those facts that you don't believe. You will realise the math fit them.

If you haven't bothered to do so, it is your problem. Keep believing the Moon is made of cheese.

>the math fit them

Believing math = science

I'm not too sure about he details but they figured out that Venus is 0.3 AU
I'm sure they just take the radar distance at two different times when Venus is closest to Earth then just do some calculations based on the heliocentric model
It's basic astrophysics

>bouncing radar off Venus

Enough with the sci-fi already.

What makes you think we can't do that?

I dont know about equalibrium. Moon is getting farther from earth, I think its 3cm a year. At some point in future it will leave eaths orbit

Who will illuminates the nights of our descendants?

Because it's fucking ridiculous.

>i can't understand it, thus it is ridiculous

youtu.be/JalSUkondr8

youtu.be/6Myf7oH0n9g

Go bounce some waves off of Venus then radar boy. I refuse to entertain such a fantasy world.

Maybe Metabunk.org can prove the Sun and Moon are far away like they proved the Earth isnt flat

m.imgur.com/a/8Qfqh

I rarely lurk Veeky Forums. Can some oldfags explain me if people here actualy are retarded or just pretending with this flat-earth and flath-earth related theories? Is this like local meme?

>gravity is like a billiard ball on a bedsheet

It began as a meme but then it attracted actual retards.

Nice trips!
The Earth is flat
Go measure it

I already had flight around the world. Twice. :^)

Only stubborn sci-fi retards still think they're on a spinning ball hurtling through space. It's the dumbest shit ever.

m.imgur.com/a/ve1rN

80% chances you are trolling, 15% you are from USA, 5% from other country.

100% chance you're a stubborn sci-fi nerd (and brainlet)

That's about right.
Tidal forces are stealing angular momentum from the Earth's spin and pushing the Moon outwards. But it won't continue indefinitely. Someday the Earth will become tide-locked as the Moon is today. Each will permanently face the other as Pluto and Charon do.
Then the Solar tide (which is weaker than the Lunar one) will steal angular momentum from the Earth-Moon system and the Moon will begin creeping closer again. This will take a very long time. I forget if the Moon will reach the Roche Limit and break up before the Sun expands and engulfs us both.

Good thing we have the scientific method and mathematics
All we have to do is measure the Earth s curvature
We could apply aerial photography to this chart and find out if the Earth is as round as we ve been told.

What s the name of the scientific experiment that demonstrates and proves that a body of water, such as the oceans, can hold a convex shape?

>I have no idea what I'm actually talking about. I'm just regurgitating some shit other people who don't know what they're talking about said

After tidal locking, tidal forces will cancel, keeping the moon at the same distance from Earth. The expansion of the sun will likely occur before Earth/moon tidal locking. The moon will never hit the Roche limit.

youtu.be/U9wDxktPx4k

So that's why we have even better engines, spacecrafts and other pieces needed to go back to a moon. So it's not related to pic related? Huh.

>all that money wasted on the ((($pace $huttle)))
It hurts

I agree that STS program was a waste and bad idea in a first place but whole point is that funding less than fucking 0.5% of USA budget. If you compare it to even with 90's budget you will see that only thing that NASA needs is actual funding of at least 1%. Funny thing is that random Americans asked on a street said things like it's 20% right now.

usdebtclock.org/

>Percent of total budget

50+ million a day

I wonder if that s enough for NASA to make a educational video of them measuring the size and distance of the Sun and Moon?

youtu.be/OmcwW-8CC6E

>19 billion a year isn't enough to go to the moon

>What is inflation.

youtu.be/PQYx_17JHTY

Why retarded flat earth supporters can only spam links in response? Is their unability to actualy learn and study prevents them from actualy learning about oversimplified """theories""" they support?

Why does it inflate?

youtu.be/4aQsmpSq3QU

youtu.be/CzyPN8-AbJQ

The link spamming is because user can't actually argue a claim and depends on some image are YouTube video to argue for him. He's been posting the same shit in the occasionally thread for the past week or so and the threads eventually get deleted

youtu.be/0aNEuXmGW2Q

m.imgur.com/a/8Qfqh

All my math and citations are above in the thread. None have been shown to be incorrect.

You have learned new word and even know it's definition, yet you still can't use it right?

Holy shit.
I started this thread mocking a poor explanation for a physical phenomena ("fictitious" forces), and it filled with "where's evidence" fucktards and flat-earthers.

This board is full of imbeciles.

Can you actually explain you post instead of just posting without any fucking context?

But user, his math is undeniable. Irrefutable. Incomprehensible. Nonexistent, even

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be looking at, or what side of the argument he is on.

All is see is power lines without context.

Nothing makes me fucking rage more than that.

metabunk.org/soundly-proving-the-curvature-of-the-earth-at-lake-pontchartrain.t8939/

cool

youtu.be/da6XAzhcn_E

It was a meme that brought in actual retards.

>the moon orbits the earth because that's a geodesic in spacetime

youtu.be/-Ax_YpQsy88

>1 meter + 1 meter = 2 meters

>BRO YOU'RE JUST BELIEVING IN MATH

i can't even

why not just say the angular momentum it had during its formation along with the earths gravitational field causes its tangential velocity to shift constantly?

They measure the distance to Venus and then you've got an earth-venus-sun triangle, with the angles given based on the phase of Venus, and then it's simply triangulation.

Topic aside, how did this brainlet meme come about?

but you don't have a triangle, you have a line
Also I don't think triangulation works in space

You're probably thinking of spherical geometry, where triangles constructed using great distances across the earth's surface don't behave normally because they're on the surface of a sphere (or ellipsoid; whatever) instead of on a flat plane.

In space though, there's nothing stopping us from just using euclidean geometry.

youtu.be/16l31R2-7fE

Why do we see the same stars every night through the earths rotation around the sun with only a small variance throughout the year? Yes there are different constellations but every 180 days or so we should be seeing a completely different set of stars. How does this make any sense?

Brainletfeelsguy.jpg

youtu.be/5WtSTPodQ60

if radar bounces of the Earth why would it not bounce of Venus?

Good question

youtu.be/oM5fKcU5ClI

youtu.be/N-vUkZHnjGI

Fucking brainlets and their circular logic.

youtu.be/68iWhWJhSvg

lmgtfy.com/?q=what is most powerful natural vacuum

Waaagh! I cant do something myself, so no one can!

Thinking about this stuff is enough to drive a man to drink

youtu.be/30xqqjosCLQ

youtu.be/YIFYiHGqshc

8 inches times the distance in miles squared. Divide by 12 to get the result in feet.

We see different groups of stars depending on the time of year.

The Earth is flat
The Sun and Moon are smaller and closer than we've been led to believe
Photoshop images are "science"
Metabunk is either running a social science experiment or they couldn't find someone qualified enough to render a third dimension to the towers fast enough to keep a lid on the Flat Earth.

They re are alot of photographs of those towers before Metabunk/Soundly claimed to have found the curvature of the Earth/convex water.

I think they re trying to make a monkey out of you, Anons

Good thing we all have the scientific method

pbs.twimg.com/media/DQYSNm2XUAEkUIV.jpg

youtu.be/Zr-tNw_s5nM

media.gettyimages.com/photos/lonely-pylon-picture-id93447503

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Lake_Pontchartrain_Fishing_(28127843071).jpg

epa.gov/sites/production/files/2014-07/eebs-potential-pier-site-shoreline.jpg

louisianadigitallibrary.org/islandora/search/mods_subject_topic_ms:"Overhead\ electric\ lines"

youtu.be/cy6CFTMnYa4

Veeky Forums is 18+ user

youtu.be/JalSUkondr8

youtu.be/FXU1wYmSF6g

I've never seen proof of such comical claims like bouncing radar beams off of Venus. I mean you'd have to be a retard or about 10 years old to believe that.

Communist Russia got to Venus
So I guess anything is possible

Trips don t lie

our side is more fun desu

cheq em

>You have no sense of dimensions. On the galactic scale, 500000mph is a slow speed. The angular velocity relative to the center of the galaxy is of less than 2x10^-6 degrees per year.It takes the Sun more than 200 million years to complete one orbit around the Galaxy.

Why is the Earth flat and the Moon and Sun isn't?

If the Moon orbits above the Earth, do you have photographs of the underside of the Moon?

We have the scientific method, please explain it to me with it.

That post is quite accurate.
Perhaps you are the brainlet here.

youtube.com/watch?v=4wVBtYcTnM0

youtube.com/watch?v=nPlNcJ_IC5w

youtube.com/watch?v=NknvYYS6wTc