Its funny how no one posts this.... its just so true

its funny how no one posts this.... its just so true....

Fuck back to Veeky Forums retard

Agreed, I'm only happy when I'm being retarded

Mods plz block this fag

I haven't read a book in over 3 years. But i do read

>Mods plz block this fag
Why the homophobia?

I browse /g/, Veeky Forums, /pol/ and /r9k/

My favorite bullshit qoute. Im sad cuz im smart hurrrrrrrdur

lol

You have to balance the two.
Feminine= think before do
Masculine = do

>A->B = B ->A

But you are a brainlet op

>smart = greater awareness
>greater awareness = more sadness

What about it do you not understand?

hahaha

More general awareness = happier. This qoute is bullshit, you want to be a sad wannabe doogie howser motherfucker, awareness is not your problem if you can accept whats real.

but it‘s not smart to waste your time being sad

You have very low intelligence, you aren't qualified to have an opinion on this.

brainlets be defending themselves

Yes i am.

Brilliant insight, smart people should bash their heads into walls until they're religious

>greater awareness = more sadness
edgy

>dumb people can deny/dismiss reality by calling it edgy
This is what Hemingway was alluding to. Stupidity is like a superpower when it comes to happiness.

said by one of the lowest IQ writers of all time

Get that petty ass opinion shit out of here bitch. You're unaware, retarded and sad.

Not even christian but...
>Ecclesiastes 1:18
>For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.

It isn't exactly a new idea.

I realize you're not smart enough to understand this, but your "style" of communication proves your stupidity even in total isolation from your uninformed opinions.

This, even religions outright admit to demonizing wisdom, knowledge, and intelligence because they damage the spirit.

You can't even back up your own argument. What made you start adopting self-destructive ideas? Intelligence isn't a fucking boogeyman my guy

This is a really stupid post masquerading as wisdom.
>"A really intelligent person can dispense with neurosis."

Source? What a fucking moron.

If you can't even accept that greater awareness leads to greater sadness then you have nothing to say worth hearing. It's an extremely intuitive conclusion that only a person conditioned by platitudinal nonsense like "Everything happens for a reason" and "It's what's on the inside that counts" and "Live. Laugh. Love." could ever disagree with. The more you know about the world, the more miserable it makes you. And I mean actual knowledge, not delusions like religiosity, or that your personal career goals are meaningful.

Except they don't.
God outright praises Solomon for wanting wisdom, so much so that He blesses him.
Now please, let's not turn this into a religious thing. This is Veeky Forums, not Veeky Forums.

This is what brainlets tell themselves to feel better about themselves.

Great science and math thread, guys! >30 replies well worth reading!

This is what brainlets tell themselves to feel better about themselves (and reality).

Time to bring some facts to a feelings discussion:

Ali, A. et al. (2013). The relationship between happiness and intelligent quotient: the contribution of socio-economic and clinical factors. Psychological Medicine, 43(6). 1303-1312.
>RESULTS: Happiness is significantly associated with IQ. Those in the lowest IQ range (70-99) reported the lowest levels of happiness compared with the highest IQ group (120-129)

There are actually conflicting studies on this subject, cherry picking ones that support your viewpoint is pointless. There's also a heavy cultural factor at play here.

>the relationship between (some subjective thing) and (some other subjective thing)
keep it 100

„omg the world sucks why can people not be nice to each other„
yeah, very original thought and very smart to be constantly thinking about

Partially true. The "A really intelligent person can dispense with neurosis." is bullshit though, at least not actual neurosis. But everyone experiences anxiety and restlessness to some extend.

However, a lot of things outlined in Buddhism like meditation can help with anxiety and restlessness.
You don't have to be a Buddhist for this though, a lot of wiser (not necessarily intelligent) people have realized the same things Buddha did many millennia ago.

I'm 12 and just realized how true this is... wow. Really makes you think

This, an intelligent person is more likely to realize that there is potential for manipulating their own mental states through philosophy and psychology. Actually doing it though is another matter entirely. Healing mentally is often a catch-22 type situation. It requires hard work and dedication that a depressed, anxious person might be incapable of. That's why a competent support network is so vital. Also, you have to see healing as something worth doing. Life doesn't really matter after all, it's rather tedious and boring unless you're one of the privileged few.

You're only here for a fleeting moment before you're doomed to an eternal void of unconscious nothingness. So why can't you celebrate life instead of trying to bring everyone down. Everyones life is full of sad shit, suck it up. If intelligence and awareness are that crippling humans would've never learned shit.

Let's see them.

Life is a nightmare unless you're lucky. What is there to celebrate for those who didn't win the dice roll? The "eternal void of unconsciousness" you're talking about is the only relief that ultimately equalizes the lucky with the unlucky.

>If intelligence and awareness are that crippling humans would've never learned shit.
That's because human advancement is made by a barely-noticeable percentage of the population. It only takes a single individual to come up with a breakthrough. Also, for much of history, intelligence and awareness were not nearly as intimately related as they are today. Most humans have always been religious, and if you're religious, you are the opposite of aware. You're insulating yourself from reality with a blanket of delusion, which is in itself an accidental acknowledgement that reality is horrific.

Exactly which drug do I need to take so I am no longer held back by being 2smrat4u?

>"Come on dude, just celebrate life. Can't you see my life is just as sad as yours? I had to work for this happiness. Just suck it up bro."

There was a Dr House episode on this, I think it was some cold medicine + alcohol

>muh grim outlook
>didn't realize I wasn't taking the religious bait the first time
>dice rolls
Someone doesnt have to win the lottery to not be you, faggot
I'm unemployed and don't have shit. Why should I mope about it?

Intelligent people tend to take their thoughts too seriously.

depression = more sadness*

What an insightful person that Hemingway was. It's almost like he just re-worded "Ignorance is bliss".

Study after study has found that smarter people are actually happier on average than dummies.

>hahaha

hahaha

post studies. Also 100 iq isnt smart