What do you actually use the back side of engineering paper for?

I've recently started using engineering paper after a couple years studying ME but I've found zero use for the back side. The lines are too dark to take notes on and they don't completely flip over to the other side of the pad, cutting off a lot of space for titles and such. Pic related, its TOPS brand.

it's used to catch jizz

make a paper airplane and then calculate the lift and air resistance

that takes 2 side of the paper

The pad will stick then

For doing homework that isn't hand-graded? What's wrong with using it if you're not worried about aesthetic?

When using a mechanical pencil, whatever you write gets jumbled up in the bold grid lines. pen works fine but its not my preferred writing tool and it also obstructs the front side.

Came here to post this

Lines that are on angles

wtf, isn't engineering paper just graph paper?

>using the back side
you're doing it wrong.

Exactly, theres not use for it

No it only has the grids on one side, the other side doesnt however its translucent enough to see them still giving you the grid effect.

So it's worse than graph paper.

Switch to writing in pen, OP.

Not necessarily, I used to be a strict graph paper guy but now that I've started to use engineering paper Its just as good for rough work and sketching.

Strict pencil guy here; but thats a total different discussion.

FFS. Is there really nobody who understands how engineering paper works?

You don't write on the backside. When the paper is on the pad or a light colored surface you can see the grid lines from the front. Put the paper on a dark surface and the grid becomes almost completely invisible.

In the pre-computer era engineers did a lot of work on graph paper that needed to be photocopied or faxed. Those machines didn't handle varying level of gray properly so anything on regular graph paper would become unreadable.

Well we're not in the pre-computer era anymore, are we.

How so?

Engineer here, I've never seen this shit before.

a couple years studying ME and you are just now starting to use engineering paper? from where are you getting your degree? Sears?

If you have an older engineering professor who is a cunt, they require you do homework on it.

It's just extremely expensive shitty graph paper.

can confirm, have to do statics HW on it. One problem per page, no exception. If you mess up the very specific header you get -10% grade

>Mfw I used engineering paper for all homework and an old HP RPN calculator my first 2 years of uni because I thought it was more engineering like

We have computers

Most of my homework submissions were online anyways so it didn't require us to use engineering paper.

/thread