How many of you consider yourselves hard materialists or atheists? What drew you to this conclusion?

How many of you consider yourselves hard materialists or atheists? What drew you to this conclusion?

I tend to think that atheists are retarded fluoride drinkers. How can you possibly explain the existence of existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

icnr.com/articles/fluoride-deposition.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hISBm_Nyai8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do, just trusting science more than inuition.

so if something (God) can exist w/o being created why can't something (Universe) else

OP here,
What I'm suggesting is that God and the Universe are the same thing. However, I think that dismissing the idea of God and ancient teachings can cause one to get stuck in a left-brained, "square" interpretation of life, failing to live in a truely meaningful way. Things like the polarities that are found in every aspect of existence, such as magnetic attraction, charge, and the two sexes, are evidence of the concept that we are "made in God's image"

You guys may consider working with the Tarot.

>How many of you consider yourselves hard materialists or atheists

>>>/reddit/atheism is that way

Science and engineering is about leaving idealism out of things and dealing with reality.
That is the only way to obtain meaningful results. That means that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Personally for me the problem is not with God. Its about a personal God that intervenes in human affairs.
Who knows perhaps we are a simulation created by a superbeing. But the experimenter would care about the outcome and measure the processes, but would not intervene in the system. It would befoul the experiment.

>I tend to think that atheists are retarded fluoride drinkers.
Well that's false if you go by IQ statistics.

Things may not exist in the universe, but there is no such thing as a non-existing universe. Nothingness doesn't exist.
Then it is obvious that existence is the default natural state.

In other words, something never came from nothing, because there was always something. Current physics supports this.

It's possible that gods exist, but they aren't needed.

Also, out of all the religions and all the gods, how can I possibly choose one so that I am guaranteed salvation? What assurance beyond the fallible word of man do I have? We're almost certainly damned either way. I refuse to believe that any god would be that cruel. Therefore, I don't believe in any god.

>Things like the polarities...are evidence of the concept that we are "made in God's image
how so?

Belief in god is a pretty unforgivable tier of stupidity for people who have internet access. It's totally unveiled nonsense.

>the two sexes
triggered

>How many of you consider yourselves hard materialists or atheists?
What does this even mean? I don't believe in any of the religious ideas of god or whatever because they're for the most part internally inconsistent and impossible to verify anyway.
>What drew you to this conclusion?
My family is not religious and neither is anybody else here (commieblocks), so I guess I never got conditioned to believe. And without the preconditioning there really isn't much to suggest there is a god of some sort out there.

Made in God's Image. As above, so below. Two hemispheres of the brain. Neurons are ALIVE because they are held at an electrical charge gradient. The two sexes. There is a tension and polarity that penetrates every aspect of reality. Each LAYER and level of reality shares this polarity, and other properties, in a fractal way.

This fractal polarity represented at each level of reality is what generates the possibility of LOVE. Is this not something to be infinitely grateful for? What lies below the simplest known layer of reality? This is God. This is what I mean by made in the image of God. This is the gratitude and reverence that spiritual people feel for the creator of the universe.

Just because some pattern humans have made to describe physical phenomena in ways we can quantify keeps occurring all over the place does not imply there's something beautiful or intentional about it.

The universe just is, all the math is us trying to make sense of it.

OP here.
Did you know that the pineal gland is the only part of the brain not protected by the blood brain barrier? This is why ionic fluoride can enter the pineal gland. Also, fluoride accumulates in the pineal gland FAR more than any other tissue in the body. Maybe this is why you feel this way about spiritual people; because your spirit detector is broken from years of negligently drinking municipal tap water. I feel so sorry for you.

icnr.com/articles/fluoride-deposition.html

There is nothing to suggest any God out there? Thats because God isn't somewhere "out there", God is everything, and the creator of what we have. How do you account for the EXISTENCE of EXISTENCE, and the harmony that governs all of existence?

>spirit detector
proofs please

If I can switch off god by tinkering with your brain, maybe the god was in the brain all along? Does that activate your mandel gland?

The only reason you feel that way is because either you don't want to shoulder the responsibility of making your life meaningful OR you've had your heart broken and don't want to believe in the possibility of beauty.

It's hilarious how dumb "spiritual" cunts are. Takes a truly stunning degree of stupidity to not realize the circularity of the logic here.

All I see in this post is a human brain getting high on dopamine hits creating meaningless linguistic patterns that trigger some preconceived notion of "profoundness"

I don't have the proof for that, but the egyptians sure seemed convinced of it.

This seems to be the most common refutation of spirituality. Literally just chortling and calling people stupid.

>egyptians
KANGZ N SHEIT

>had your heart broken
Are you retarded? I literally told you that I don't believe in god because nobody ever trained me to as a kid or convinced me to as an adult. I'm somebody who was only vaguely exposed to the idea until the internet. It never occurred to myself that I should believe in god or spirits or whatever.

Because spiritual people are stupid, and when you express such a fundamental disconnect from reason, there's not much anyone can do to explain to you why. You're literally making up nonsense and calling it true. Do you need a lesson in how your feelings don't magically affect what's real or not?

But don't you see? CONSCIOUSNESS IS NOT NECESSARY IN A PURELY MATERIALIST UNIVERSE. There is a reason dopamine is getting me high. A Newtonian universe full of physical interactions between particles can exist without consciousness ever entering the picture. Perhaps consciousness IS free will, and consciousness allows us to burrow though 5th and 6th dimensional space to CHOSE which 4th dimensional timeline we are currently occupying through our actions and decisions.

Every human population ever had some superstitions. Even atheists are often irrational in some belief or another. Human brains are not perfect truth perceptors, they're a neural net assembled by self replicating nanomachines developed through natural selection. Whatever was good enough to pass on its genes, works.

>I don't have the proof for that, but the egyptians sure seemed convinced of it.
Well shit, that settles it then!

That's a lot of $5 words with very little perception behind them.

No you're stupid. NAH NAH. This is the level at which atheists operate. It's sophomoric and extremely unattractive. This philosophy of materialism was made FOR you so that you can be more easily controlled. You're not some logical reason warrior, you're just being a good boy.

>How can you possibly explain the existence of existence?

How does proposing the existence of a magical fairy answer this question for you? Don't you then just ask "How can you possibly explain the existence of the magical fairy?"

None of this histrionic damage control changes the fact that spiritual people are idiots. No coincidence you're hinting more and more that you're from the dumbest place on the entire internet. Go back to your containment board, shitposting retard. Take your horoscopes with you.

Your concept of God is completely childish, and it was made for you by the Catholic church so that you would reject it and become an easily controlled materialist. The same people behind the Vatican are behind the propagation of atheism and materialism.

Not an argument. You've literally proven my point and confirmed my suspicion that atheists are the most hopeless, retarded, and unforgivable cretins in society. Good luck on your deathbed, faggot.

Why does existence necessitate God? Why is it utterly impossible for there to be existence without a divine being somewhere in the mix?

You can harp on all you like about the majesty of this and that, but in the end there isn't any firm reason that the existence of God logically follows from any of that.

>explain the existence of existence
who made god

fuck off back to

>people who have internet access
thx steve

The deism-theism nonsensical meme strikes again.

>shithole countries have both low IQ and low Atheism rates
Proves nothing, Mr. Reddit.

How many times did you cut yourself with that edge?

Egyptians were convinced it was OK to fuck your own sister at some point. Surprisingly, modern Atheists too.

Hao cudidbe, that Carl Sagan is still alive to use this retarded statement?

Aren't materialists the most difficult people to control? They see humans as merely human, stone tablets as merely stone tablets, laws and rules as merely laws and rules. Without belief in nonsense like the divine, you need to be convinced to be controlled. You don't accept unequivocally. Then there's the fact that materialists/atheists have higher IQs. Seems like just about everything you believe is backward.

I think he means controlled in the "bread and circus" sense. Of course, the irony is that religious leaders don't need to spend money on bread and circuses to control their flock.

There could be any number of explanations of existence with or without god or gods. As for me I simply don't believe and that's all. That being said I think life would be a bit more interesting if something like this existed.

I stopped believing in gods around the time I was 14. I simply started thinking about the reasons for my beliefs and realized I had no evidence for them. I had been brainwashed by society into believing. Had I been born elsewhere (or some other time) I would have believed something quite different. Looking at a map I could see where people get their religions from and it clearly wasn't evidence-based but cultural.

Had I chosen to keep believing in a christian god without any evidence then shouldn't the same standards apply with everything else. With all the millions of gods out there (and the infinite gods yet to be invented) you're sure to get some conflicts so you can't believe everything at the same time. How would you choose between them? The only logical conclusion is to stop believing in any until there's evidence. And there is none.

Why would I need to be able to explain "the existence of existence"? I don't know why there is something rather than nothing. But if there is something at all why should that something be an omnipotent god or some other magical shit. I find it more probable that the thing that exists is just something very simple thing that had simple rules from which complexity arose. Maybe even no rules at all if everything is just happening due to probabilities (like diffusion).

If we look at pi or any other infinite number we realize that somewhere in that sequence is a complete description of our entire universe. And every other universe. Similarly, if you have infinite amount of "something" (anything) then you can easily have complex life supporting universes like ours. And of course plenty of dull and stupid universes that don't have life in them wondering how they came to be (anthropic principle).

>Hao cudidbe
so, no answer.
no surprise here

>If I can switch off god by tinkering with your brain, maybe the god was in the brain all along?

After a decade of atheism I received evidence for God.

The most surprising thing, to me, about this evidence is that is suggests I am God - or, more specifically that which is God decided to literally and directly label me "God."

youtube.com/watch?v=hISBm_Nyai8

>every response a snotty ad hominem
>no effort to give a real answer

fuck off back to

>What made the big bang?
>What made God?
>Nothing, God was always there.
>Why can't the big bang have been "always there"
>FUCKING FEDORA WEARING EDGELORD FUCK OFF

Whether a god exists or not is completely irrelevant. You're still gonna live a meaningless existence and then die. I don't see how believing this was some god's decision makes you feel any better.

No, you just found out you're pretentious.