Is there anything worth reading that came out of this god-forsaken shithole of a country...

Is there anything worth reading that came out of this god-forsaken shithole of a country? How can a country as populous as this one be such a literary lightweight?

t. pleb

sienkiewicz
mickiewicz
milosz
lem

dont be such a pleb

joseph conrad
danielewski

Buffer country between Germans and Russians. Savage people living their savage lives. We don't need literature, because we're living on helluva myths and lies we don't know what's truth anymore. Educated people flee from there, savages give ours bad name anywhere they go. There's no hope for us.

How are any of these authors important at all, especially when compared to the likes of Shakespeare, Goethe, and DFW?

just because academia focuses on those 3 authors and only those 3 authors doesnt mean the authors listed are in any way less important

apply urself pls

Shakespeare and DFW also wrote in languages that a lot more people understand. Polish is a niche language.

Are you implying that I have better judgment than the whole of academia?

I liked The Manuscript Found in Saragossa by Jan Potocki.

Olga Tokarczuk, Manuela Gretkowska, Jerzy Pilch, Paweł Huelle, Andrzej Stasiuk, Jacek Dukaj, to count the most revered and popular.

Just because academia doesn't pay much attention to them doesn't mean they aren't good.

Conrad was Polish. Barely though.

What happened? Did a handsome pole cuck you with your crush (although she clearly put you into the friendzone for a reason)?

Anything at all?

But if they were good, academia would pay attention to them, no?

>handsome
>pole

Pick one.

>no?

No.

There are heaps of good Australian lit.

Forget your cultural cringe, boy.

Check out Jospeh Furphy's "Such is Life" (get a good annotated version- it's a slog otherwise)

And check out Murnane if you haven't.

>just because anglo-american academia focuses

ftfy

Total pleb or troll, pic related

Dont fall for the Voss meme, it was terrible

Lem, Gombrowicz (hard to translate and mostly local themes though), Mickiewicz

WHAT DID YOU SAY BOY

>Fucking owls, man.

>Gombrowicz (hard to translate and mostly local themes though)
Agree with the first, disagree with the second.

Stasiuk, Gombrowicz, Schulz, Mickiewicz, Słowacki, Norwid, Kochanowski, Hłasko, Conrad, Szczygieł, Podsiadło, Huelle.

Anglocuck

>putting DFW at the same level as Shakespeare or Goethe

While it's not a literary masterpiece, Solaris is from a Polish writer.

It did produce Kieslowski so it gets a pass in my book

Lem is definitely worthy of "great polish author" status

>DFW
Alright, DFW is fine, but why would you include him on a list of three non-polish authors? You could have chosen anyone - and I understand Shakespeare and Goethe but why him? Do you genuinely hold him in such high esteem? To raise him to their level? Especially when he only wrote one book of significance in his life - unlike both WS and JWvG.

Silly you

One of the most influential fantasy series in modern time was made from this god loving country: The Witcher series. The great literature in these books is one of the main reasonsfor the enormous success the video game series, in fact the video games were so influential (again, much thanks to the writing in these books) that one copy was given as a gift to the then most powerful man, Barack Obama.

and he got the (you) he was looking for
idiot

I really loved the movie adaption, is the book worth checking out? How much of the book did the movie adapt anyways?

Trans-Atlantic and Ferdydurke are mostly about Polish problems.

read Stone Upon Stone by Wiesław Myśliwski

Guessing that you are from Poland and just trying to mentally masturbate from people that'll praise the country just to show that you're a dick.

do you guys even Ryszard Kapuściński