What does Sci think of the theory that the Universe has just always existed? Like its just existed...

What does Sci think of the theory that the Universe has just always existed? Like its just existed. It has no beginning or end.

yes i think and you?

>What does Sci think of the theory that the Universe has just always existed?
It's wrong since if that was true the heat death would have already occurred.

do you think the universe cares about some made up ape theory that you call "heat death" ?

>implying heat death

Universe might go through conditions that are not comfy enough for entropy to increase. Check your assumptions.

I think God is eternal and outside of time as we know it, but I think the universe has a definite beginning and end when He created it.

Wrong. \thread

>/thread-ing yourself
Disgusting

>e the heat death would have already occurred.
source:your ass

It's true.
Why would universe not-be here?

The universe is shit, or at least my version is. My life is a cycle of grief and I find myself mostly in anger and depression.

Doesn't matter.how it began. It's still shit. Who cares if it ends or doesn't?

the universe is just space with things happening inside of it. the very notions of beginning and end are manmade and we're foolishing attempting to apply it something as abstract as spacetime itself. even the idea of existence itself can't be applied onto the universe because it's not "something" per se.

even if everything within the universe ceases to exist, the universe itself remains because it doesn't "exist", it just is.

t. 80 IQ man

Perhaps it never existed.

Feels /comfy/. No matter what i do, the universe will continue to exist With or without me. I hope Your theory isnt pseudosciene or a brainlet ((hypothesis))

>implying the universe crunches into a singularity that magically cancels the laws of physics to kill entropy and then bangs back into ordered matter
Yeah, the big bang theory complies more with Meme's razor.

>Who cares if it ends or doesn't?
Propably most of sentient life.

This is all a simulation. Fuck you people if you don't believe me. I've become one of those crazy quacks, but it's the only thing that makes sense. Due to the first law of Thermodynamics, the universe didn't just magically appear, the energy had to come from somewhere. We're just a computer simulation in a cosmic machine.

Yo, could be right, could be wrong, could be internally or externally right or wrong
I. E. Simulation physics and truth differ almost completely from exo physics and truth, but/bit perhaps not.
Imagine this... Rather than a simulation inside a simulation... A simulation of a simulation.
Simulation inside a simulation potentially equals two simulations.
Simulation of a simulation potentially equals zero simulations.
I. E. Your mind is imagining/simulating the belief(s) that you exist inside a simulation. Potentially!

>implying laws

Well that's pretty much all the mind is anyway right? A perception of things?
Well yeah, why wouldn't I. I know they're not absolute, but as far as we know it's just as likely as a magical space daddy who will send you to hell unless you give him money.

yes the simulation is just as likely as the space daddy of your dreams

No, no. You misunderstand. They're one and the same. Space daddy created the simulation.

Perception(s) are several of many facets of that multifaceted construct.

What could be disconcerting is a simulation OF a simulation INSIDE a simulation...

Why is that disconcerting? Unless I'm mistaken, is it simply because a simulation of a simulation could result in no simulation at all and therefore my mind filling in blanks, ergo simulating everything?

It's kind of simply that...

But it's more complexly this:

Imagine being a GAN (Generative Adversarial Network) or a GNAN (Generative Nonadversarial Network) or something relatively similar or something else or a GAN or GNAN ascendant, descendant, ancestor or decestor.
You and your GAN and/or GNAN relatives become civilisations of said beings and then entertain aforementioned thoughts, ideas, actions etc (simulated realities).
Then your flagged by a Mod, sectionalised, copied, and your infomorphic being(s) copys are interrogated and experimented on and/or with etc... After a military grade thoroughly trained and subservient adjacent simulation of infomorphic beings slowly and/or fastly permeates throughout "your" simulation.

I wonder what Gandalf, Ganondorf, and ants would have to say about this...

Where is your concert now?

If they were my copies, wouldn't they look just like me? Have my same thoughts, memories etc? We would have to meet at some point, or if they were used in military grade operations, one of them would have had to have been photographed, video taped etc. What would these other "me's" accomplish?

Mate, when your discussing universe simulation(S), it's not so unfeasible that you/they/we/I/someone (etc) could duplicate an entire universe section or cluster of galaxies teeming with life etc, let alone a civilisation, a planet, then some guy.
So what scale of simulation are you talking about?
Could be a many or several or single or no mind(s) simulation (as in, we/you/they etc don't even come close to qualifying for Godconciousness and hence aren't even considered alive from their and/or our perspective(s), merely ert and/or inert mathematical abstractions, especially after you've been informatically and infomorphically isolated and copied.
Have a good fitness rating and "you" could wake up inside some guys personal AGI wristwatch etc as an uploaded mind. But considering the aforementioned those guys probably carry entire multigalaxy systems around.

As for your questions, let me answer them with other questions:

Technically - they ARE you. Your personal (but not private (understand the difference?)) mathematical equations, archetypes, shapes, and progressions. That and those which make you you.
However technically and within certain realms of theoretical conjecture(s) they are also not you, as you are you.

How come you presuppose that you'd ever meet?

What does anyone and everyone accomplish in the grand scheme of things?

...so... the moon.

What is it?

..why is it spherical?

..how bout other moons?

>It's wrong since if that was true the heat death would have already occurred.

Even if entropy makes a system devoid of thermal energy you can still maintain kinetic energy through gravity. All it would take is small and extremely dense elements that are located close enough to one another to be accelerated. Also nuclear fission or fusion, and the types of explosions that occur within stars that give off gamma radiation. Electricity and material being in a plasmic state can also be a source of energy without there being any pre-existing thermal energy. In other words imagine a battery that by itself has no heat, yet because of the property of chemical bonds a circuit attached to the battery then produces electricity just as electrons freely moving around in a substance that is a plasmid.

All I am really trying to argue is that there are numerous forces acting on bodies or particles. Chemical reactions, electromagnetism, gravitational pull and so on. To assume that kinetic energy would simply dissipate no matter the circumstances is, unless you can prove otherwise, simply wrong.

Isn't it funny how we can contemplate these kind of questions but at the end of the day our lives and thoughts are mundane?

One moment you wonder what this is all about. And then you go back to eating food, watching tv, worrying about your upcoming exam or dreading going back to work.

perhaps, life quite seems like a maybe its like staring into singularities, as we are chopping up reality there is a logical output, which can only go so far, at which point we end up looking back at "ourself" - pure emptiness; and it makes no sense from our human experience. our perception may be like a mirror of nothing (pure awareness) staring into a mirror of nothing - only potential realised. but yeah the universe of universes has no beginning or end, it can't be any other way. you cant test for this shit. I guess we just need to wait until the moment of death, which may not even exist, as it is maybe only energy change. implies a soul and what not for that to be the case. well i hope when i die the secrets of the universe are revealed.

kinda sounds like our very existence...

everything is a circle

(y)

Supposing that the universe(s) is a potentiality of pure awareness and/or intelligence etc you could probably just thought-ask it.
However, avoiding confirmation bias and confirmation bias bias, it may not remember it's birth as some other beings do not remember they're birth.
It may be internally or externally or even intra/inter-universally preoccupied or it also may simply lie.

>muh empirical laws

Yes but wouldn't they come to a stop eventually?
Once they once again reached equilibrium they'd stop in a system with maximum entropy.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm really interested in having a discussion about this

>>infinite regression
The computer you're referring to still has to exist in a universe of its own.