If there is no gravity in space, does that mean someone with a heatproof suit could move the sun simply by pushing it?

If there is no gravity in space, does that mean someone with a heatproof suit could move the sun simply by pushing it?

All of that is wrong.

Yes, but they would push themselves a lot more.

>simply pushing it
>simply

yeah, sure, but to move it even at 1/10 m/s, it would take 1.989 × 10^29 newtons.

Archimedes claimed he could move the world -- but even he conceded he'd need a place to stand and somewhere to rest the fulcrum.

this Sarkhan is bad

You could stand on a space ship and try to push the sun (assuming you had a heat proof suit and space ship).

Are people that retarded to think there's no gravity in space

And assuming the spaceship had at least a reasonable fraction of the Sun's mass.

F=m*a
a=F/m

Find mass of the sun, find average work of a push, plug formula, smile.

If it's mass is huge, it takes almost no force to accelerate it.

>no gravity in space
The fuck are you on about?

"it's" is a contraction of "it is".
Want me to point out the other mistake in your sentence? And logic?

Exactly. Solarmass is about 2.0E+30 kg; if I, a 60 kg man pushed it, even with 2000 N, it would accelerate at 10^-27 m/s, whereas I would go off in the other direction at 33 m/s.

Someone once looked into Archimedes story, about moving the world. He can only exert small force so he has to move a long distance. To move the Earth a couple of centimeters, turned out he'd have had to walk several lightyears. Probably wouldn't have lived that long even if he hadn't annoyed that Roman soldier.

And a lever made of magically strong unobtainium

It would be extremely painful...

Simply moving towards the sun movies the sun, before you even get close enough to push it. It'll even move the sun about the same as if you pushed it. All as the result of gravity. You don't just orbit the sun and the earth, but the earth and the sun also both orbit you. Replace jupiter in the pic with you and and the arrow pointing to the barycenter of the sun-(you) system to basically the center of mass of the sun

No idiot, the sun is made of lava, the pusher would simply fall into it and drown.

I have no idea what gravity is, the post

logically correct
x= no gravity in space
y= move the sun simply by pushing it
[math]
\displaystyle
\begin{matrix}
\underline{x} & \underline{y} & \underline{x \rightarrow y} \\
1 & 1 & 1 \\
1 & 0 & 0 \\
0 & 1 & 1 \\
\mathbf{0} & \mathbf{0} & \mathbf{1}
\end{matrix}
[/math]

But if there is no gravity, a simple push on the lava will cause the sun to move.

There is gravity all over the place. Even in space.

I agree with your use of this image, but it bothers me that the last n in Bank of user is actually written on the hand and not the paper

have to get through the firmament first somehow

>If there is no gravity in space, does that mean someone with a heatproof suit could move the sun simply by pushing it?

No.

You'd have nothing to push against.

Just make another sun next to it to rest your feet.

To push, you would need to have greater ""mass

>no gravity in space

If that were true then all structures in the universe would disintegrate into and the universe would become a static sea of elementary particles.

OF COURSE THERE IS FUCKING GRAVITY IN SPACE!!!

You are already moving the sun. Gravity works both ways senpai.

>"You are already moving the sun."

Grant it, to a very minute effect.

Literally everyone else who has commented over the past 2 days understood what OP meant.
That's not how that works at all. You may pull on the sun with the same force it pulls on you, but it has much more mass. You aren't moving the sun at all.
Just because a force is applied does not mean the object moves. In this case the sun would not move at all.

In all seriousness though, no it is impossible for a person to push the Sun.

There is however a megastructure concept that could do the job. A Shkadov Thruster is a gargantuan orbital mirror that is place in front of the sun that reflects off solar radiation back into the sun. This creates thrust that causes the Sun to accelerate and move. So yes, technically it is possible to move the sun, you just need a fucking massive mirror and a lot of patience.

I would venture to say that space, or at least space-time, is where there is the most gravity

lmfaaooo

is this clickbait

>You aren't moving the sun at all

a=f/m
f>0
m>0

therefore:
a>0

You're moving the sun right now senpai.

The idea is that
F is so small that f basically=0
M is so large that m basically =∞
0/∞=a
a basically=0
From a mathematics perspective, yes there is a tiny acceleration, but then... HA! MATHEMATICIANS!

This is wrong on so many levels. Nigger tier post.