What's the least popular least normie field of biology ?

What's the least popular least normie field of biology ?

Animal science

cock studies

>Dealing with an entire class field with the weird girl who obsessed over horses.
Nah, she always smelled like glue.

But really, pick animal science and specialize in an animal that you like. My anthropology professor was North America's most foremost expert on wood chucks. The best part? I didn't have to take my anthropology final because he was arrested the day of, for raping a minor. So I got a free college A. That's our education system for you.

Science for women

I would say bioinformatics. It's like CS but with biological data.

entomology

>not popular

Quantum biology

bioinformatics covers a huge variety of topics though.
id say protein folding studies, optical tweezer work, virus engineering, cryo-EM, model optimization...

>trying to evaluate intellectual pursuit based on how "normie" it is

HOW DO I DO HIS AS UNDERGRAD????

you dont, unless you go to a research heavy school with undergrad research opportunity. Even then you wont be doing that, you'll be doing basic labwork that grad students dont really want to do or dont have time for.

There are no grad students here. It's just a direct relationship between students and phds.

PhD students are grad students

They're not phd students

that's kind of strange. you have post-docs working there without graduate students? what institution?

Most of my department is mit phd math. My private advisor is a mit phd and I get to rant and cry to him about whatever random bullshit in between him giving my life advice.

Ah, biology is fairly different, there's a set hierarchy of research.

Oh yeah I can see that.

>person *teaches* anthropology and *studies* wood chucks.
>turns out to be a rapist pedophile

Not surprising at all.

bioinformatics
Because its shit

>for raping a minor
reminder that statutory rape is not really rape and the slut probably begged for it

>College gives away an A because an exam could not be held
>Going to college for grades instead of education
American education system was a mistake

>thinks this is universal in America

is the "if you get hit by a university shuttle or vehicle you get paid tuition for the rest of your degree" universal in america? ive seen 3 with it

I don't know

Probably molecular dynamics simulations of biological molecules

>your roommate kills himself
>you get exempt from exams
I think these things are kinda universal here desu

Why are you guys even on this topic

Why do you care it's not like this thread is going anywhere

She was a middle schooler iirc.
Honestly, it was more due to the fact that the final was saved on his computer, and they took his computer for evidence. They couldn't just give us a test without knowing what we had learned throughout the entire semester. That would invalidate the point of testing.

Yeah probably this too. Biophysics people do some of the largest longest MD simulations out there. Protein folding is pretty mindboggling too at least from an MD perspective. Even being able to reason about what's happening at the second time scale is nuts. If you aren't aware, MD typically uses femtosecond timesteps. A femtosecond is 10^-15 seconds.

>She was a middle schooler iirc.
What does this change? Was it rape or just “statutory rape”?

In middle school there are also 14 years olds, if I am right. Here in Germany 14 is not even below the “age of consent”.

I don't know, this was years ago.