Is there anything more pathetic than avid readers who don't write?

Especially when they're smug about their consumption and have never created anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxTRCPKFltE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep avid listeners who can't play a musical instrument or sing.

If we're busy writing how can you expect us to read your hack fiction, op?

Why? It's a horrible waste of time to write knowing that nobody will ever read my shit, and I don't have any pretentious delusions of grandeur to think that I'm capable of birthing the next Divine Comedy. There are too many shitstain authors in the world as it is

People aren't smug about the base fact that they listen to music.

You're assuming it means you're going to wear it on your head, you can do whatever you want with it.

The intellectual gain of creating whatever shitty book you're going to write will always outweigh whatever fiftyth version of dungeons and dragons you're reading.

yes OP, there is something worse, writers who dont write for their own amusement without a care in the world if their stories are read by others like

there are worse things, but all serious readers should write. and if youre a serious reader of philosophy you should be writing daily.

I'd rather be a pandering sell out than the gluttonous consumer in that case.

You should go on /mu/ some time.

They act elitist over the type of music. People in real life who read a lot tend to have an overly high sense of importance.

>People aren't smug about the base fact that they listen to music.
Have you been to /mu/?

the problem with you op, is that you view writing as a social gain rather than an independent work of art

Once again, there is a difference in the fact that you listen to music and elitism born from what kind of music you listen to. In the book world people in real life who just read and not create tend to think their superior for being consumers.

>People in real life who read a lot tend to have an overly high sense of importance
Unless the only real world people you meet are Veeky Forums teenagers that's not really true.

You assume whatever you write will be published, that's not the case at all. Creation doesn't have to be shared.

Yes, people who shit up the board with retarded threads like these.

I dont get people saying they wont write because their stories wont be read.

You fuckers dont get it, if you are a writer it's because your fucking head wont shut up for a second about your autismal creations.
You HAVE to write, or paint or draw or make music. There is no choice. That is the curse of the artist.

>implying self-expression through consumption is illegitimate

There's elitism in every form of media. What's worse is when some faggot (i.e. you) confuse basic appreciation with potential. You are not a great writer nor will you ever be. If you want to write, fine, but a genuinely serious and capable reader is better than you in every way.

If you don't have that curse you shouldn't read then?

There's no such thing as self expression through consumption, just signaling to others what you enjoy consuming. Self expression can only be achieved by literally being or creating. Enjoying only James Cameron movies doesn't show any self expression, it simply shows you like it.

You will never be good at anything if all you do is consume. Eating doesn't make you into a good cook. The act of doing what a cook or writer makes you into a good one. Your simply trying to justify your consumption. You are pathetic.

I dont see where I implied that. Im talking about those who HAVE the stories to write and choose not to do it because they wont be read by others.

Well, it looks like this thread found at least one

>You fuckers dont get it, if you are a writer it's because your fucking head wont shut up for a second about your autismal creations.
That's called "graphomania", user.

>le artist mind
Go fuck yourself

That's nothing! I think that retards in weelchairs shoudl be lobotomized so that they forget what sport is.

It's called bottled up creativity.
Still most people are consumers and they won't get it.

His point is obviously that obsession leads to good work. It's not hard to comprehend you goof.

When you ask a couple consumption addict to stop and create, even if no one is around to see it they tend to react negatively then began to funnel product into their mouths.

People in wheelchairs can still play sports. Shocking that someone who can't play an instrument is as dumb as you are

Ah there it is, the bottled up anger that comes from being creatively barren.

Retarded post. No one only consumes and you know that. Reading itself is a creative act. Even if it's not, you can't explain how reading doesn't make you better at reading (and I might add thinking in general). There is value in appreciation and analysis, which is not the same thing as passive consumption.

Yeah, like what? Skeet shooting with fire and forget missiles? Downhill rolling? Bulletball?

Basketball, hockey, skiing, almost any of them really.

>Basketball, hockey, skiing,
Not sports at all. It's for retards who want to go super-retard by killing of their brain cells with exhaustion.

Avid readers make my peepee stand up. I hope they buy my books or at least download them during free promotions...

I am writing a prose poem collection, crafted around Kierkegaard's philosophy, and Christian imagery, Biblical inspiration; crafted with precision to have every page planned, every prose poem perfect.
And it's going to end nihilism.

That would be better if you wrote it in verse

>has opinions on the talent of musicians despite having never played an instrument

>verse
Stop. Verse is dead. If it's not clear, the distinction between prose and poetry MUST be abolished!

What about writers who don't read?

>reading itself is a creative act
How so? What have I created when I read a book?

hahaha holy shit. this makes so much sense.

Imagery, ideas, characters, and so on. Everyone views things differently. Get a dozen artists, have them all read the same book, and then have them all draw the main character. That character will likely appear different in each and every drawing to an extent. Perhaps the hair colour will be the same to a degree with slight differences in hue, maybe the same hair style, same colour eyes, etc. etc.

But yeah, technically, nothing is created. They're just words. Everyone's minds being special snowflakes and observing forms of media differently isn't so much creating as having a unique point of view on a subject matter.

what if i am avid writer who doesn't read

>tfw no latina gf

Doesn't even have to be qt.

outsider art

>But yeah, technically, nothing is created. They're just words.
Fuck off brainlet. Holy shit you're pathetic.

How do I get into writing? I've been trying, but I don't think I have anything to say. I don't have any stories to tell, or great experiences to share.

I can't even come up with simple plot.

>Is there anything more pathetic than readers who don't write?

Yes, Veeky Forums

maybe faggots who throw falacies in a lit board, like when with your implied silogisms you are allowing the construction of some like this:

a man who consume food avidly is pathetic if he can´t cook.

You people are definitely stupid, whats wrong with people that read but not write? there is nothing wrong with beign an avid listener but can´t play a musical instrument unless you are an insufferable critic faggot.

for the moment: you both are fucking ignorant cunts.

Literally self-published half a dozen books with a seventh on the way, but yeah, sure, I'm a brainlet and you literally create things by reading books. Sounds good.

stop letting these bored dinks bait you this easily

look alive son

>self-published

Kys

So user, what have you created that makes you be so smug?

What's worse is FILMGOERS who DON'T MAKE FILMS.

Shits me to no end.

youtube.com/watch?v=gxTRCPKFltE

Read schopenhauer's On literature (it's in Parerga und paralipomena) and stop writing/posting here you smug cunt.

youre lying, just think of 2 people talking, about anything, you cant keep this up without steering their conversation into any direction that is interesting to you or at least has some kind of meaning, the 2 people dont even need a gender, social position or look, it will fill in automatically after a while since its boring this way and your mind doesnt like boring shit.

The very worst are people who live but have never procreated. Fucking virgins. I just want to drop-kick every baby I see.

Then who are you writing for, idiot?
Some 50-100 people cyrclejerking?
Why should even people with no talent write? It isn't like we aren't full of shit writers and literature already.
Braindead moron.

>Making $50 a month so far, and rising
No.

I don't write, but I have a lot of other creative and productive hobbies, mostly to do with textiles and woodworking. Writing just never appealed to me.

I don't write. But I have noticed I was a lot sharper mentally when I was writing a lot in college...