Why would you eat a bird that isn't duck for christmas? It is the tastiest bird

Why would you eat a bird that isn't duck for christmas? It is the tastiest bird.

Other urls found in this thread:

meatsandsausages.com/hams-other-meats/ham-cooked-smoked
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because I eat red meat for every meal like a normal american

i'll take a lamb for christmas thnx

But duck is red meat.

Btfo

>Duck, not goose

Plebian

>confit duck legs
>seared duck breasts

Sounds like a top tier Christmas desu.

We eat pork for Christmas

>eating birds for christmas

Ham or bust.

but that's a mallard

>not eating this instead

>goose, not swan

We grill out and make hamburgers with grilled pineapple rings on yeast rolls

Then uncle Jimbo wips out his cock and grandma starts preparing the Jägerbombs.

cousin freddy is that you

the fuck is that?
I would honestly accept goose too, although it's not as good as duck in my opinion. What freaks me out is people that unironically eat turkey or chicken for christmas dinner. christmas eve is once a year, enjoy yourselves.
has anyone here actually had swan? how is it?

>What freaks me out is people that unironically eat turkey or chicken for christmas dinner.

I think you need to get outside more.

t.duck eater but still

Ham is the best bird for Christmas

Imagine having a lovely christmas eve, dancing around the tree, everything feeling cozy and nice, you're forming some of your most precious childhood memories. And then fucking chicken. Borderline abuse, and this is from someone that quite likes chicken

What kinda ham do you make?

Not everyone serves overcooked flavorless factory-farmed shit chicken.

Some of my favorite Xmas memories were from visting my grandparents. Grandma would go out back and slaughter 2 chickens for our evening meal. Greatest fucking dinner ever.

In my family, we eat dick for all the major holidays, even Thanksgiving and Arbor Day.

You can have both duck and dick, stop trying to meme on my thread with false dichotomies

two small 4 damily

We always had goose but I think duck is more common here.

Why would you eat a fucking mallard?

>Not eating flamingo exclusively

>swan, not quail

>mallard

Why would you eat a mallard when you could be eating the far superior wood duck?

I like the idea of prime rib for Christmas. I'm not the biggest ham fan out there. Duck would be a nice change of pace though. I'd have just made a roast turkey less than a month ago for Thanksgiving.

Why would you eat a wood duck when you could eat the far superior woody dick?

Duck does taste great but for Christmas people like the spectacle of a great big turkey on the table. To feed everyone you're going to need a lot of ducks.

Superior caramelization.
Really though it was just the first acceptable google pic of a duck.

then get goose. or 3 ducks. jesus.

>first acceptable google pic of a duck you found
user you may want to scrub your harddrive if it takes that long to find a duck pic

I never said it took long.

>Duck does taste great but for Christmas people like the spectacle of a great big turkey on the table.
I can't fathom why anybody in the states would want a repeat of last month. I expect Ham on christmas day.
Even my filipino friend has ham for christmas, though it's in the form of an entire roast pig.

do fillipino christmasses have like 50 people?

Does making your own ham turn out better than what you'd buy at a store? Thin sliced ham for sandwiches is cool, but I've never been a fan of a thick ham steak.

In my country they make this ham(not asian, but it's basically the same with different spices and herbs) and you certainly can't get the same quality in stores. I don't know about british style christmas ham, but I imagine the glazing isn't great if you don't do it yourself. Honestly just thinking about eating a basic bitch ham in place of a carefully prepared god tier duck makes me depressed

I figure at least 20-30 minimum.

We went to a filipino restaurant in jersey for his birthday once. They were out of chicken. The family celebrating a young boys birthday ate ALL of it. Was probably a group of 25+ people.

Most definitely. Dry cured country hams require specialized equipment to maintain humidity and temperature at specific levels but even injection and curing in a brine for 14 days then cold smoking is far superior to anything other than a dry cured from the store.

meatsandsausages.com/hams-other-meats/ham-cooked-smoked

You'd have to buy it from a butcher or a gourmet store then. most ham distributors don't have that kinda equipment

The recipe isn't for dry curing which requires specialized equipment, it's for a refrigerator brine cure which just needs a meat injection syringe available anywhere, a large pot and space in the refrigerator for 14 days. Then you need to rig up a cold smoker which can be done with a cardboard box.