How long is grass-fed ground beef from the meat counter good for in the fridge...

How long is grass-fed ground beef from the meat counter good for in the fridge? I bought a pound last night and used half of it, but I want to save the rest for tomorrow. What does bad ground beef even look and smell like?

You will know when it is bad by smell, your mind might be retarded but your nose is not. Just trust your instincts.

it looks grey and smells sour

>it looks grey
It always has gray parts, even when I get it fresh. I read that that's normal.

How do you get ground beef fresh? I have a local butcher but fresh is not a word I would use.

I guess "fresh" is the wrong word. I meant to say that when I first buy it. I buy it from the meat counter at the grocery store. I have no idea how fresh it actually is.

Ruby red is bad, but grey is worse. Just smell it. You need to learn how to smell to judge meat.

> it always has gray* parts

Ehm, no it doesn't, If you buy it from a place that let it sit out and oxidize then yeah, but other than that nope

How do I learn? Leave some out and wait for it to go bad?

I'm not sure why you think that you know what the ground beef that I buy looks like, but it absolutely does always have gray parts

>How do I learn? Leave some out and wait for it to go bad?

You already know, you are ignoring something intrinsic to biology. Just trust yourself

Alright. Thank you for the answers.

If you're poor though just eat it. Grey matter is better than nothing. Only little girls get sick from a bit of dodgy meat.

then why would you think that you know what my ground beef looks like?

> ground beef ALWAYS has gray* parts
> why do you assume what my ground beef looks like

do you see how retarded it is that you sound?

and also it's besides the point OP asked what bad ground beef LOOKS AND SMELLS like and as a rule of thumb I told him that if it looks GREY, and by that I don't mean PARTLY grey AND it smells SOUR it's most likely gone bad. I never said that ground beef that has grey parts wasn't edible nor did I say that ground beef should always be bought completely red. You wanna disagree with me on what fresh ground beef should look like? Fair enough but you can't fucking say that ground beef as a standard across the fucking globe always has grey parts in its regards to freshness, god fucking damn it you got me riled up, all because for some reason me saying that bad ground beef often looks grey and smells sour you felt some sort of beef between me, you and your fucking meat vendor, I don't fucking care what your meat looks like but you saying that fresh ground beef always have grey parts is fucking infuriating when it is clearly not the case for everybody.

I'll fucking guarantee you that if you buy a chuck of beef and grind it yourself in any fair amount of time the meat won't be grey.

You need more stimulation in your life.

its never good. it will give you disease :^)

you really ruined decent bait. Idiot.

for sure, my point still stands tho

Your point was made by others, you just ranted because you have no one else to talk to. I have been you my man, just go out. If you have no mates go on your own, you will find mates.Please just go outside.

at that point it really wasn't. I love how everybody on Veeky Forums just makes assumptions about peoples' live based on their replies. Granted I'm a natural angry guy and probably should've smoked some weed to calm down before replying but I still feel the rant was justified, you made a general statement about a food item that is very varied across the world and I felt it needed to be corrected

But don't worry for me user, I have a few buddies and generally isn't a shut-in NEET I just like ranting on anonymous image boards with my morning tea

If you open it up and smell an abundance of sulfur it has gone bad.

I never made any point, you are delusional and weed will only make it worse. Learn to live without it. Are you in the closet? You sound like you are.

Sulfur? It isn't Satans scratchings, calm down.