Give me the most obscure thing youve ever read. i dont even care if you liked it or not...

Give me the most obscure thing youve ever read. i dont even care if you liked it or not. I just want something ive never heard of before and never will again after this thread.

And please dont meme me and give me some kid's book or your friend's 800 page avant garde prose poem. You know what im looking for.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/adventuresofduns00dunsrich
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonin_Artaud
spitfirelist.com/books/honorable01.pdf
ga.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Béal_Bocht
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"The wasp factory" by Iain Banks

the comments section of my aunt's livejournal, which only existed for six days

My dairy desu

ive been on this board for about 14 months and i havent posted this once

am i missing out, user?

lurk 2 years be4 you're post lole

The personal memoirs of Lionel Dunsterville recounting his command of "Dunsterforce" a weird proto-special forces type group sent into the Near East in the First World War to prevent a disastrous situation in the Caucasus when the Russian front started collapsing.

They basically drove around in jeeps shooting at the locals and having a good time. The commander is very British and seems to enjoy war.

A Room Where the Star Spangled Banner Cannot be Heard by Hideo Levy

(you)
If i could delete my own threads i would

The one comment I got on a Youtube video I posted 2 years ago that turned out to be some 30 year old black woman bitching about how I used the N word on another video

Charles Dickens' Martian Notes

Get out of Veeky Forums.net

I have seen multiple threads specifically about this book.

NOW THIS is a good quality post.
yes
YES

Victory Chimp!
>on an Earth when chimps are the psychic slaves of the human race, he has begun to rattle the cage. Follow Victory Chimp as he moves from adolescence to adolescence to adolescence across the multiverse. Victory Chimp and Occula battle the immortal Chon as wave upon wave of illusion and pain conspire to imprison them within time's dominion. Our Earth awaits Victory Chimp's return. Will he survive?

Zenobia, by Gellu Naum. I didn't really get it, but I had a fun time reading it.

Severin's Journey Into Darkness, by Paul Leppin. Really good. I read it as I was walking down a strange neighborhood at night.

The Fatal Bodice - Alina Reyes

>An erotic novel by the author of "The Butcher". Lucile, controlled but repressed, returns to Bordeaux, where she was born. There she becomes intrigued by the fetishist world of her late uncle and ensnared in the manipulative sexual games of an artist, who paints her nude but rejects her advances.

"The Enthusiast" by Josh Fruhlinger
"Couch" by Benjamin Parzybok
"The Sacred Science of Ancient Japan" by Avery Morrow

What was the point of this thread? To see how people respond to contradictory requirements? Why not leave it as simple as BEST obscure book? Why force people to try and straddle the (nonexistent) line between obscure and un-knowable.

I read a book by the guy who played Watto in the star wars prequels (the space jew that owns Anakin and his mom)
It was about the end of the world or something.
It was shit.

trine erotic by Alice Andrews

On Prescription Only, Jean Freustie. Sorry for potato quality -- phone is dead and charger broke

i just wanted to see where we'd take it

i still hold out hope that a wide request makes a diverse thread

The Book of Ebenezer Le Page by G.B. Edwards (also my all-time favourite book btw)

Heartsnatcher by Boris Vian

sounds lit

some random academic texts titled "Dialectics" by a no-name analytic philosopher. it was shit by the standards of both traditions.

The Unknown Citizen by W. H. Auden

(To JS/07 M 378
This Marble Monument
Is Erected by the State)

He was found by the Bureau of Statistics to be
One against whom there was no official complaint,
And all the reports on his conduct agree
That, in the modern sense of an old-fashioned word, he was a
saint,
For in everything he did he served the Greater Community.
Except for the War till the day he retired
He worked in a factory and never got fired,
But satisfied his employers, Fudge Motors Inc.
Yet he wasn’t a scab or odd in his views,
For his Union reports that he paid his dues,
(Our report on his Union shows it was sound)
And our Social Psychology workers found
That he was popular with his mates and liked a drink.
The Press are convinced that he bought a paper every day
And that his reactions to advertisements were normal in every way.
Policies taken out in his name prove that he was fully insured,
And his Health-card shows he was once in hospital but left it cured.
Both Producers Research and High-Grade Living declare
He was fully sensible to the advantages of the Instalment Plan
And had everything necessary to the Modern Man,
A phonograph, a radio, a car and a frigidaire.
Our researchers into Public Opinion are content
That he held the proper opinions for the time of year;
When there was peace, he was for peace: when there was war, he went.
He was married and added five children to the population,
Which our Eugenist says was the right number for a parent of his
generation.
And our teachers report that he never interfered with their
education.
Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

Raintree County

A bunch of weird art theory books like "Dynamic Dissonance" and "Zarathustra Jr." that are very nice but rather niche for most people here.

Probably of more interest to Veeky Forums would be a book that I have seen rarely mentioned here, in reference to surrealist literature.

Hebdomeros, by Georgio de Chirico. The painter.

It's rather good. Would recommend as a nice sample of surrealist lit

Loved his artwork when I was younger.
This book is a strange one, reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wrights autobiography in the way he approaches topics, very odd indeed.

Where can I read this

>Auden is obscure

Its written like shit but god damn

The Confessions of Victor X.

Sounds really interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks, user!

Jean-Pierre Martinet - The High Life. It's short and can be found online. I recommend it.

Is Lucio's Confession considered obscure? I really enjoyed it

Bange dara by Iqbal.

Quote popular but what would monolingual cuck's know.

I have this and no one else here will have ever read it.

The cover is a bit unrelated to the story though. No fruit bats at all.

The field post cards my great-grandfather sent to his parents in WW1. Probably never been read by anyone except the original recipients and me and the censorship officers

Set Theory, The Third Millennium Edition, revised and expanded - Thomas Jech

I've read some of the poems my great grandfather wrote.
They suck desu.

I don't know if Antonin Artaud is known at all but my dad gave this Book: Les Tarahumaras.

It is really unintelligible, written on opium withdrawal and peyote. It describes the authors live amongst some peruvian indians. It's a good read when you're on psychedelic drugs.

The Surrender of Napoleon, Being the Narrative of the Surrender of Bonaparte, and of his residence on board H.M.S Bellerophon, with a detail of the principal events that occurred in that ship between the 24th of May and the 8th of August 1815, by Frederick Maitland

The accounts, anecdotes and observations of the Royal Navy captain who Napoleon surrendered himself to about Napoleon's character and how he acted on the ship. An interesting read if you like that sort of thing - you can the whole thing for free on Google Books.

archive.org/details/adventuresofduns00dunsrich
Please use google dear sir.
t. your pal

"Memories of a judge"(I'm not sure about the title ) wrote by my grandpa.
It's a serie of short stories about the people who inhabitated the town where he worked as a judge
The funny thing is that the book has my one of my drawings as cover

Seven lyrical movements
(Sedam lirskih krugova)

Cool, never knew he wrote.

A letter my mother wrote to her 2-year-old dead niece. It was simple, beautiful, sad and full of tenderness.

'Rampzalig einde der godsdiensthaters' or 'disastrous end of haters of religion'
Found it when I was staying in a monastery and browsing the apologetics section of their library.
Most of the argumentation in the book is in the vein of 'this guy offended the Catholic faith and everyone in his family died'.

>"The Sacred Science of Ancient Japan" by Avery Morrow
Stop posting your own shit, Avery.

Daniil Kharms' short stories

Probably some gay fanfiction I read when I was 14 because I wanted a girl to like me.

Evergreens by Jerome K Jerome

yes
YES

Most obscure thing I've read would be been down so long everything looks up to me by Richard Farina.
Which isn't obscure whatsoever, but it's a solid 8.5/10

The Forty Five, which is a history the 1745 Jacobite rebellion. The book is a compilation of contemporary sources edited by Charles Sanford Terry, a historian at the University of Aberdeen in the early 20th century.

A Green History of the World - Clive Ponting

Dude's a revisionist historian, but he's also a "big picture" historian who tries to frame human civilization in terms of our interactions with the environment. Definitely interesting as fuck.

>making notes in the book you're reading

Inheritance by Hannie Rayson

Really?
Fuck me, I'm missing out.

Green Imperialism is some big deal book right now

Environmental history is one of the big fads in history writing for the last while

>Severin's Journey Into Darkness, by Paul Leppin
Yeah, nice book, especially Prague was really nice

it's absolutely classical book everyone know this one.

In our country every schoolboy read it, because Kharms one of the most famous Russian authors.

An Evening in the Classrom: Being notes taken by Miss Taylor in one of the classes of painting conducted by Harvey Dunn and printed at the instigation of Mario Cooper (1934)

Notes copied from the classes of Harvey Dunn, a prominent illustrator during the golden age of illustration.

read, all good stuff

I feel kind of stupid reading a shitton of Andrija Maurović and having friends on Goodreads look at the covers and intelligible titles in their feeds. The guy was called the "father of Croatian comics" and his art is really damn good, but he's obscure af. His works were devoured by kids in 1930ies-1960ies but today only academics and big aficionados still read him. I personally had to add like half of his comics into the GR database.

Od koga je?

Prometheus Rising maybe? I don't know, but it was obscure for me until two days ago

There's this book somebody on Veeky Forums recommend once, it's written by some French art guy.

The whole book is just him listing things about himself. 'I like naked women'. 'When I was a little boy I used to spend the summer at my grandpa's house'. Shit like that; somehow it was quite entertaining. Can't remember the name any more though.

A highschool yearbook from a girl's school from the 1920s. I recovered it from a condemned monastery that sat in the middle of Jersey City as a housing complex nibbled at its foundations. It was in a pile of other books in a lecture hall in the center of the room,and survived the degradations of weather and pigeons.

It was a cool relic of its time,with art deco styling in its artwork,with student drawn cartoons bemoaning the shortcomings of swains,and rows of headshots of Miss Crabtree contemporaries with juicy tidbits gossip underneath certain portraits. The one I remember called some brunette "a mighty huntress,and her prey was Man".

lol I found hebdomeros having never heard of it before in a halfpricebooks but didn't have enough money to buy it

Seven Taoist Masters

La Guaracha de Macho Camacho (Macho Camacho's beat)
>Infinitely multiplied by the blare of radios, TVs and record players in San Juan, Macho Camacho's guaracha weaves its way across the city and through the lives of one family on a single day: Senator Vicente Reinosa, a crooked politician stuck in a gargantuan traffic jam; his neurotic, aristocratic wife; their son Benny, a fascist who is quite literally in love with his Ferrari, and the Senator's mistress, who inhabits a poorer world with her idiot child, her cousins (Hughie, Louie, and Dewey) and her friend Dona Chon. Macho Camacho's Beat blends the music of puns, fantastic wordplay, advertising slogans, and pop-culture references with the rhythm of the guaracha to satirize the invasive "Americanization" of the island and the way in which a momentary fad impacts the culture at large.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonin_Artaud
>In 1937, Artaud returned to France, where he obtained a walking stick of knotted wood that he believed belonged not only to St. Patrick, but also Lucifer and Jesus Christ. Artaud traveled to Ireland, landing at Cobh and travelling to Galway, in an effort to return the staff, though he spoke very little English and was unable to make himself understood. He would not have been admitted at Cobh, according to Irish government documents, except that he carried a letter of introduction from the Paris embassy. The majority of his trip was spent in a hotel room he was unable to pay for. He was forcibly removed from the grounds of Milltown House, a Jesuit community, when he refused to leave. Before deportation he was briefly confined in the notorious Mountjoy Prison. According to Irish Government papers he was deported as "a destitute and undesirable alien".[7] On his return trip by ship, Artaud believed he was being attacked by two crew members and retaliated. He was arrested and put in a straitjacket.

astounding

The dissertation by RM Koster. Loved it...

My Life as a Radical Lawyer
-William M. Kunstler

Milorad Pavic, Dictionary of the Khazars
The Rosicrucian Emblems of Daniel Cramer
Ajit Mookerjee, Kali: The Feminine Force
Arthur Avalon, The Serpent Power

and The Essene Gospel of Peace (I-IV) by Edmund Bordeaux Szekely

spitfirelist.com/books/honorable01.pdf

and Love Song of the Dark Lord (Jayadeva's Gitagovinda) translated by Barbara Stoler Miller

(basically about fuckin real good)

To the Finland Station
by Edmund Wilson

A bunch of letters addressed to the not-at-all-famous Cornelia Richter, daughter of the no-longer-very-famous Giacomo Meyerbeer.

There is a version of Paradise Lost annotated by Keats.

Bizarro should be a familiar genre to Veeky Forums, but I'd bet my house that the average normie would never have heard of this. It's very funny.

Aren't tarahumaras from Mexico?

good thread
i will submit
The King of the Storeroom by Antonio Porta - a post apocalyptic vision of Italy from the perspective of an old writer who tells stories for food, very good

Also, a modernist poet
John Gould Fletcher, his collection Irradiations is available on project gutenberg, we was friends with Amy Lowell and Ezra Pound

Found this when I was in college at a book sale. The cover intrigued me so I picked it up. It's pretty cool. some of the things he brings up about the media and art are really great.

barrabas - par lagerkvist
the dwarf - par lagerkvist

Ass goblins of Auschwitz was terrible

ga.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Béal_Bocht

The Power of Un

Random book i picked off the library shelves when i was in 3rd grade

It was about a kid using time travel irresponsibly, i remember it fondly though i have lost any memory of its actual content

I ain't talkin' bout Playboy

This sounds cool. I'd read it.

Do bitches like this respond well to "hey thickness?"

do anons like you respond well to "lurk moar stupid"

I'd like to remember her fondley

what a strange post

A selection of poems I helped a retired old uni professor get printed. The poetry wasn't good but I still expressed an interest because she's always been very nice to me.

I read a sci-fi book called The Field. I don't know the author's name.
How is this obscure? Well, for one the material it was made of was farkin' plain as all hell. Like a white t-shirt made in prison kind of plain. So I picked it up, not being judgmental about it or nothing. The story was short and sweet. But I can't remember exactly what it was about, something about this device or pill or something to unlock the brain's full potential.

An old poetry book printed in 1880 something which depicts the poetry of an ancient Norse viking lord called Rollon. Ancient Norse is very similar to modern Icelandic, so I could pretty much grasp at least half of it.

I read a shittonne of golden era SF when I was young; shelves of it. I guess some of that's pretty obscure now, even if it wasn't then.