Recent buys thread. Post stacks

Recent buys thread. Post stacks.

>reading books
>not just showing them off online to other autists

Reposting from last thread
Blew through Things Fall Apart today, actually surprised at how interesting it was from an anthropological sense but the narrative structure itself was pretty weak, we never really got enough time with any of the characters to get attached to them. Also, the final conflict with the Missionaries is just glossed through.

Legit stack, would steal.

Also a tasteful stack. Varied, which shows you're not desperate for approval.

Was slogging through Decline of the West for a bit but to be honest I didn't understand a lot of it and stopped pretty early on. Spengler references a LOT of esoteric shit. I would recommend reading a lot of Kant, Nietzsche, Stirner, Goethe etc. if you haven't already. Good luck user.

Fathers and Sons & the brazilian heart of darkness (or so i have been told)

Thanks. What should I read after The Iliad?

>varied
>tasteful

nigga his stack is literally all books you find in "top 100 books ever" lists, excepting the Edwards

Yeah because why would someone want to read books agreed on as being great? Why doesn't everyone read obscure patrician shit like us so we can sit around and jack off about how obscure and patrician we are?

Outer Dark is great, user. Prepare to have your weekend ruined by genuine helplessness and despair in the West.

Not the guy you're talking to, but I'd say his stack shows exactly that he's "desperate for approval."

It's Veeky Forums by numbers in a bad way.

I've already read Blood Meridian and The Border Trilogy. I can hardly imagine it being more gloomy than those.

>implying

he didn't say any of that you illiterate mong and he's right. it's a stack of some of the most generic books ever here and you're sucking his dick for how supposedly varied and unique his taste is

he's posting a generic stack on fucking Veeky Forums ofc he's seeking approval

A: not the user he originally replied to
B: it's pretty obvious with the current quality of this board that 99% of people bitching about others 'seeking approval' are just massive contrarians. It's the same as all the other hobby boards.

Mr. McCarthy always finds a way.

idgaf if he reads those. oops they're good books. i just thought it was hilarious that someone else jumped in to praise him for having varied taste when its literally the opposite

Your definition of varied is pretty autistic. Those works cover a wide spread of themes, styles and time periods. Popularity is not the same as variety.

>obviously lifted books straight from a single entry level source
>"varied taste"

how autistic are you? i never said anything about popularity stop making stupid inferences cause all you can think of is memes

Nigger you do not understand what the word Varied means

BAHIA MINHA PORRA

>illiterate

The Odyssey of course.

I don't know how to find books that aren't Veeky Forums approved, and I'm also pretty new to reading, so pardon the generic list.

also got a copy of The Collected Stories of Lydia Davis for free

I've bought a lot of books in the past month or so, but here's my haul from the last time I went to the bookstore. The Jack Kerouac book is Desolation Angels. I'm also reading Take A Walk On the Dark Side, and that encyclopedia of secret societies is fun to look through. Still haven't opened those books on Freemasonry. Currently reading Solaris as well.

has anyone read any lydia davis? goodreads thinks ill love "samuel johnson is indignant"

She wrote the worst translation of Madam Bovary every written.

o shit boys

i think her stuff is great, she's pretty funny and original, and her prose is nice

>missing vol 1

although you can probably get it on ebay/abebooks pretty easily

Why

This is why we need a wall.

>COSACNAIFY
GOAT
O
A
T

what the fuck do you mean by that you frog nigger

>brazilian
>calling others nigga

I'm fucking out of here.

i didn't say nigga I said NIGGER
l2spell

Oh, I see the difference. Brilliant. Fucking genius.

You aren't funny monkey donkey. Kys please.

haha ha "kms"

COSACNAIFY will still be the GREATEST OF ALL TIME

nigger

Cant we all just get along?

If you've read one of these, give me your hype.

>Mao II.
>Hasn't read Mao I.

Is that a framed picture of a nazi?
Hemingway and Bulgakov are both good. Pynchon is probably good too but I haven't read it yet.

yummy selection

OP here again. Picked these two up today.

Yeah I hear so much about all three of these. Its kind of overwhelming which one to go for next.
I'm in Mao II right now and its beginning is metal compared to white noise

Thats my grandad on my desk (Kriegsmarine) btw

On Rommel's book.

I do love me some Nazi aesthetics.

nah

Boi

Malcolm is the biggest bad ass. I dont know if anyones autobiography comes close. half the book is him being an alpha as he grows up. the rest of it is him being an alpha as a grown up

Bookstore owner said he was starting to worry about me

I have been looking for the crying of lot 49 for over a fucking month. I hope they still have mason and dixon when I go to the book store tonight.

That is comfy as fuck looking

Mao II was a poor choice. DeLillo doesn't even like that one.

Since when did they start selling King in comic shops?

Is that the one by Desmond Young? Have the exact same book.

Yes that is the one by Desmond Young. How did you like it?

Most small town comic shops typically have a small scifi/fantasy section. Even chain comic shops usually have a small section.

Source: I've lived in small towns.

pynchon likes it

All my recent purchases have been fantasy novels because I'm in that depressed escapist mood.
Alas, I have no picture making devices to trigger the autists who think you should only read 'classics'.

Haven't actually read it yet but I'm going to do so after the weekend.

Whenever I've been in one they've just got nothing but those fucking pop dolls or the latest floppies and hardcovers. Seen no novels except for light novels.

My two latest buys are Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels two and three.

got some good recs?

The only one I really enjoyed was the most recent Robin Hobb book, but I could be a bit biased due to the fact that I've had those characters in my life for over a decade.

Meme edition

Looks boring. Read some scifi.

It's one of his best along Underworld and Libra.

Got a handful of books in the mail this last week .. working on this right now.

Comfy as fuck

I've been looking for the recognitions for a while now. Fuck amazon

master and margarita is probably my favourite book ever.

Both are on Thriftbooks for like 4 bucks