Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Vote Thread: PIZZA PIE Edition

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Vote Thread: PIZZA PIE Edition

The theme for this month was PIZZA

Dishes are judged on the following criteria, so keep that in mind when voting:

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

While you're voting, or not voting, why not suggest a theme for next month?
Then people can vote on that, or not.

>VOTE PLS
>TOMORROW IS THE NEW CHALLENGE
>GET READY
>THIS IS THE DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY

To see the entries, just hop on over to the old thread which was kindly archived.

Since this is an online challenge, it's difficult to assign points for originality, appeal, and goals without a description of the process. There's pizza, and then there's pizza inspired.

P:2
O:2
A:3
G:5
Strange pie to look at but nice mozz. The crust looks like it could be homemade.

O:3
A:4
G:4
Heavy dish, bland color scheme. It isn't extremely original but your ingredients were good and you put effort into the potatoes. Knocked off a point for G because not sure about the dough.

P:5
O:4
A:5
Fucking excellent photo. -1 originality for plain canned tomato sauce. Really hate to be a stickler when you put in so much effort.

P:1
O:2
A:2
Different cheeses evident and it is a pizza but unoriginal and the crust is pretty thick.

All the elements of a pizza but doesn't resemble one. The flavor profile isn't too original. Deep fried is pretty cool and I'm sure the texture was pretty neat.

(me)
P:4
O:3.5
A:3.5
The crust was homemade and closer to the shade at the bottom of the photo, I think enhancing and natural light bleached it. It wasn't undercooked as in raw, but thin and crispy but kinda chewy at the edge like you'd expect. Fave sandwich toppings as a pizza knocks down originality. But it was unique for a pizza and the elements were changed up. It was pretty delicious appeal wise, and it was definitely a pizza G wise.

Creative ingredients, but the photo didn't do you any favors here.

hey guys i dropped one of my crepes and now im not so happy, a nice welcoming vote thread, however, could help lift my mood
>thank you

Cont'd

Toppings look good but I can't really make out much or anything else. It looks tasty.

P:3
O:2.5
Points off for burnt bacon, and it isn't hella original but I like that you took the time to add some cheese and green over top.

Really want to try this one day. A better picture and description and this probably would have gotten my vote.

O:1
A:1
G:1

P:2.5
Sounds good, maybe busy, but definitely original and you said you made the crust.

O:5
Super original, the flavors sound like they work really well together, but the color scheme is a little off.

A:2.5
There's so little to go on.

P:4
O:3.5
Nice pie.

O:1
A:1
G:1

Thanks for the votes!

Sorry to hear about your crepe catastrophe.

Bumping for page one.

Of course, the mass amount of shitposting on this board caused the thread to fall off the board again. Fucking hell this thread always needs so many bumps.

As the creator of , I gotta respond to your criticism. The tomato sauce wasn't canned. I used canned whole tomatoes which I then put in the blender to make the sauce. I guess it still comes from canned tomatoes, but boiling and peeling the tomatoes is such a bitch and takes so long, and this is still mostly homemade.

New Yawk
>P:1
>O:1
>A:1
>G:5
That looks like my ex-girlfriend had a yeast infection during her period.

Frenchdude
>P:2
>O:3
At least you didn't put squid and mayonnaise on it like the Japs.

Snowman
>P:4
>O:5
>A:5
Beautiful job. Saved.

Makiru
>A:3
Meh.

Corkscrew
>O:2
Meh--.

Mushka
>P:3
>A:4
Meh++.

(continued)

(continued)

Dormdude
Meh--.

AEST
>A:3
Meh.

Anonymous
>A:4
Anyone who has that thoroughly-used of a pizza paddle is a pro.

sinistersalmon
Meh--.

LickMyBalls
>O:2
>G:3
notsureifpizza.xcf

moyen
>O:4
And you didn't invite me over for dinner?!?! You rat!!!

shake-kun
>A:2
Green and purple look yuck.

envelope guy
Go Za!

Haburashi
Looks very professional.

Hillary Clinton Should Be In Jail
I feel your pain.

Was there another vote thread that fell off the board? I could have sworn I saw one before today, but this thread is dated 9/30. . . .

Sorry snowman, I didn't mean to imply that all tom sauce should be made from fresh whole tomatoes, but meant to say that uncooked canned tomatoes could probably be enhanced further. It's a stellar dish, hope that part read well.

>B-but SIP threads are more important! Look! It a different coloured can! Haha what do you mean your shit thread needs bumping every five minutes so it doesnt fucking die? That's just how the free market works!
I despise sipboys.

>5/5 goal and appeal for english muffin with tomato and cheese
>5/5 goal and appeal and 4/5 presentation and originality for half eaten pineapple and ham in a pie crust that collapsed in on itself

Do Russian collusion trollvotes like this count?

Bumping for an answer to this.

Of course they fucking count, you assblasted homosexuals.

If the troll entries count chances are the troll votes are counted too. Which is balls.

didn't participate but I'm pretty good at making pizza and tried something different today so figured I might as well post
dough fermented for 3 days
mozzarella, blue cheese, bacon brussel sprouts and red onion pizza, no tomato sauce at all, shit worked surprisingly well, my only regret being I didn't buy pecorino/parmesan to grate a bit on top, maybe some lemon with the brussel sprouts
and free bump, these challenge threads are the only thing good left on this board ever since this place became a huge shitshow

and another one, made this one earlier this week
marinated chicken breast in buffalo wing sauce overnight, fried it and then shred it and mixed with bit reduced buffalo wing sauce with additional spices
so buffalo chicken, red onion, bacon, blue cheese and pineapple (yeah I went there) pizza, this one hat tomato sauce and mozzarella as well and topped with green onions
it was okay, wouldn't make it again, I still firmly believe chicken has no place on pizza

>no cheese
:(
>these challenge threads are the only thing good left on this board ever since this place became a huge shitshow
this

Thanks for the votes!

MORE VOTES FOR THE MORE VOTES THRONE!!
And Blood for the Blood God, but that really goes without saying at this point.

but there is cheese, moz and blue cheese, just no tomato sauce, figured it doesn't go so well with brussel sprouts
I was thinking of adding bit of creme fraiche there as well, might try that tomorrow

Thanks for the kind words.
>my existence has been justified for this hour, joking aside thanks m8.95

fucking sperg troll voter

Up yer arsehole, landwhale.

It's October 1st, where the hell is the vote tally?!?!? Where's the new month's challenge?!?!? Why are you so SLOW?!?!?!? I need to get GOING on this!!!!!!!

Holy shit dude, calm down. Are you being held hostage and they're going to snackbar you if you don't win or something? Use more exclamation points if yes.

Calm down, the new thread is up over here: