So what will this Falcon Heavy rocket allow us to do what we haven't been able to before? What's the hype behind it?

So what will this Falcon Heavy rocket allow us to do what we haven't been able to before? What's the hype behind it?

Extremely cheap. Tons of payload to transport.

So it basically allows pretty much everyone to get a foot in space? Neat i suppose.

Should probably put an asterisk next to 2022, because there's no way Boeing is going to meet their planning.

>So what will this Falcon Heavy rocket allow us to do what we haven't been able to before?
Nothing.

>What's the hype behind it?
It's the biggest rocket in a while, and Elon 'not a snake oil salesman ;)' Musk is tangentially related.

If laws against NASA taking donations were abolished this wouldn't be an issue.

Is that extra 6 tons, really worth that extra $1.91 billion and waiting another 10 years? Yes, I said 10 years because if you think this pork-laden white elephant will be ready by 2022, then you don't know jack about Richard...Shelby.

>So what will this Falcon Heavy rocket allow us to do what we haven't been able to before?

For one, direct flight to Jupiter without all extra years fucking around with gravity-assist trajectories.

>before
Reusable Energia never flew so your point is moot.

Bring a dozen sea dragons into orbit, 11 have payloads of fuel.
Refuel the 12th, go to proxima centauri at 0.1c, and start to decelerate 2/3rds the way there.

Sea dragon > meme heavy

>there's no way Boeing is going to meet their planning
But their planning was to have it ready by 2017...

I was gonna ask if that were true, but then I realize it makes sense because most logical people would just throw their money at NASA and claim all the tax write offs possible. Best bang for your buck if you want to see the money go somewhere relatively productive in the govt.

Imagine a world with no taxes, and the government was funded entirely through donations and a 1% universal tariff.

Falcon Heavy is actual, tangible hardware. Sea Dragon never got off the drawing board.

Real rocket >>>>>>>>>> Powerpoint rocket

Also, we don't have a rocket that can reach 0.1 c even with a 11,000 Sea Dragon worth of fuel.

We'd probably have a lot of unsolved crime and vigilante justice.

How long until we launch one of these things with a substantive scientific payload?

>We'd probably have a lot of unsolved crime
Little known secret, we already do. Like an absurd amount, it is very hard to get caught for a crime if you don't act like a nigger.

>vigilante justice
Most crimes are solved fairly well with vigilante justice. The system works really well if all members of society have basic human decency. It only becomes a problem if you have people who lie and/or are incapable of logic.

Amazon Prime deliveries to the moon.

>Sea Dragon never got off the drawing board.
See: SEALAR / sea eagle

>Real rocket >>>>>>>>>> Powerpoint rocket
Yes.

>Also, we don't have a rocket that can reach 0.1 c even with a 11,000 Sea Dragon worth of fuel.
I'm not too sure about that. Although I probably have a glaring mistake a few factors off in my head math.

The SLS looks so goddamned ugly too. I'm glad SpaceX makes aesthetic rockets and equipment in addition to actually delivering a working product.

[spoiler]I think the SLS looks cooler.[/spoiler]

>Most crimes are solved fairly well with vigilante justice. The system works really well
>It only becomes a problem if you have people who lie and/or are incapable of logic

Read between the lines.

wait hold the fuck on
wouldn't that give the SLS a worse payload to cost ratio than the fucking Saturn V?
Converted to modern exchange rates the Saturn V was also about 2 billion but that had a 140 ton LEO payload

Yes. Welcome to NASA.

>See: SEALAR / sea eagle

That was a subscale model. It's no substitute for the full-scale version. Also, why would we wait around for someone to finish Robert Truax's work when there's a rocket with a 60+ ton payload capacity available now? IOW: we'll cross that bridge of choosing a Sea Dragon or a Falcon Heavy when there's a Sea Dragon to use.

that just seems like madness
sure the saturn V was built for one specific purpose but still that was the 60's, and rushed to get ahead of the soviets

So humaynes discovered anti-radiation? >Will someone confirm?

soyboy rocketry deserves no hype. piddly rockets with legs are just a futile attempt at cost-saving from a decrepit and increasingly near-to-collapse aerospace sector in the US that has starved NASA and fully integrated the malignancy that is f-35 concurrency and procurement. hocking this shit off on spacex on the government dime beneath twenty trillion dollars of deficit spending is not an example of the free market at work, it is not capitalism. the customers of these 'people' include a pre-existing, mutilated government agency and the fucking US air force.

I thought you guys knew about science math n shiet.

>fully integrated the malignancy that is f-35 concurrency and procurement.
I wish the US had a space industrial complex instead of a military industrial complex. Instead of wasting money to kill sand niggers overseas we could kill space niggers.

I doubt you filty ground walkers have the capability of sucking cock.
>Run away from your problems humayne.

Bring this boards smartest cattle in here humayne. Explain

Die ground walkers!

FUCK OFF SKYSEERS,
MARS AND TERRA BELONGS TO THE MOLEMEN

You want to reeducate yourself and learn that LEO payload is not you use to determine rocket purpose. Also given LEO values for FH are for fully expendable rocket while cost is for case when all stages are re-used and still will be after flight and don't count post-flight refurbishment costs.

Someone explain.

Submit.

You realize those nuclear powered drills are used from your masters. They'll be safe and cozy underground; while they kill you. Be thankful filthy humayne. Your days are numbered. Your space masters won't save you again.

>nuclear powered drills
It is a great sin to remove power rocks from the boom chamber.
We make our tunnels very slowly and very carefully.

SLS is the largest vehicle ever designed and capable of sending the largest payloads on large trajectories directly outside of Earth.
Being the largest ever vehicle it naturally comes at the largest cost.

>SLS is the largest vehicle ever designed
See:

Your larping filthy tetrapod. How does it feel to have compressed sausages for fingers?

well, back then they had nazi scientists
now they have mutts

Yea im sure...
They used coal to power those drills.
And im Certain you use it to power your car.

Is this image correct? Wow, this must be embarrassing for Boeing.

>Listen up you little shit you won't take my money you hear me!?

You are all filthy humaynes.

Before you start insulting NASA please educate yourself on what NASA tasks are, what they are involved right now, what are future missions and most important see this pic.

It's not. See: 9493417

Nasa are a bunch of filthy fecal matter you humayne.They are good for siphoning funds.

It's not. See:

Yes even though nasafaggots will say otherwise by splitting hairs.
And it'll probably get delayed even further.

>Yea im sure...
The joke is that we will have a great chamber in which nukes are detonated for celebration.

>They used coal to power those drills.
Molemen tunnels are dug very slowly and very carefully. Drills are neither.

>And I'm Certain you use it to power your car.
Molemen have no need for cars. We have elevators and slides.

>ignoring the massive "R&D" fees
k

Arguments please.

Mario

that's all stupid. until we can build a space elevator working on other space related stuff is just a waste of time. you're building pool toys when the pool isn't built yet and we don't have any water.

>humayne
Stop forcing this shit you inbred retard.

I dont care about your space programs filthy humayne
You disgusting copographer, You you are what these humaynes call "cia niggers". You are just trying to run from the manner at palm.

Your a faggot.

Go back to place you belong. Trash.

See:

Look humayne you are a mayne. Unless you are my fecal matter penis feet.

if you factor in R&D costs sls has wasted like 20 billion, its literally theft from taxpayers.

money that went from taxpayers to private companies in exchange for literally nothing

>everyone I disagree with is pol

This is not what I asked humayne.

Back to /pol/

competition is a good thing, but damn i feel kinda sad for nasa now

I still waiting for any argument.

>still salty about getting btfo in holocaust threads on Veeky Forums
the absolute state of /pol/cucks

Retarded humaynes can't even answer my questions despite the fact fail at swaying.Im very abrasive. The fact you have to mention another board because your feasible teene mind can't comprehend.This anguish for my laugh box.

Why do faggots always post that chart and not this one?

What does "% of GDP dedicated to space" have to do with success? If Liberia dedicated 100% of their GDP to space travel tomorrow they wouldn't become the world's space leaders.

>Why do faggots always post that chart and not this one?
Because inflation exist

For fuck's sake man, what kind of retard are you? What are you doing on Veeky Forums?

I'm an different user.

Shouting "" and "ignore how all of my sources conflict with each other" is not BTFO'ing someone.

>Because inflation exist
He says to a chart labeled "nasa budget inflation adjusted.jpg"

With the phrase "outlays in constant 2015 dollars" on one axis

And the phrase "converted to constant 2015 dollars using CPI inflation calculator" at the bottom

He's saying that the amount spent is irrelevant because the percent of gdp is far more important.
Let me spell it out for you: F I A T

>ad hominem
Well, you fit Veeky Forums very well actualy. I simply didn't noticed this one time chart cares about inflation. And you next time should be less insulting. And still, if you see what new tasks are given to NASA, understand problem with maitenance you will see there is less and less money that can be spend on space exploration.

>I simply didn't notice what was clearly printed in three different places
kys

Yes, I already said you belong on this shitty board full of flat-earth theorists and SpaceX fanboys.

Okay, here goes...
>Most crimes are solved fairly well with vigilante justice.
I am a massive faggot
>The system works really well if all members of society have basic human decency.
I really need to kill myself
>It only becomes a problem if you have people who lie and/or are incapable of logic.
I have literally never been outside.

So what are you trying to tell us exactly?

Wow you sure showed him. Dickhead.

falcon 9/heavy can't lift anywhere near their stated payloads, if they ran the engines at 100% throttle for the entire flight the vibrations would destroy the rocket. real payload capacity is much lower, closer to 25-30 tons for expendable heavy and 10 for f9.

There are planes that cost more than that rocket.

You know they throttle above 100% right?

[citation required]

brainlet

NASA has the problem in that it's throw around with different objectives depending on the administration half the time.

>space niggers.
are they gay?

Are they from outer space?

FH = chad rocket going straight to space in style, not even stopping at Mars
SLS = virgin rocket still waiting to even launch once

chad space suit, this is what peak performance looks like